WOW servers..

Emret

Limp Gawd
Hi

I started WoW last week on Kel'Thuzad.. I have a 21 mage there now.. However I just realized 2 days ago that the server is located on west.. my latency is like 240ms.. I tried aneast server (Mannoroth) this morning and it was 40ms!

I want to start on an east coast server now.. Even though its gonna suck to go thru all the same quests with the same char, I want to do it.. because 7 nights I played this game it was down for like 3 nights and was lagging pretty bad..

It was also pretty bad because there were alot of lvl 60 chars roaming around, lol.. Anyone know what are the newest added east coast servers for WoW?

(I was gonna post this at the official wow board.. but thats down too !)

Firetree is a fairly good server, I think it's central though. I'm pinging about 90 off it from SoCal (West).

Central Servers
Firetree: 15 Night Elf Warrior
Burning Legion: 49 Tauren Hunter

I play on Stormreaver, which is a high population central server. Used to get ~100 ping, now it's usually ~200.

Well, there's about 9-10 [H]ers on Stormscale if you want to give it a shot.

Kel'thuzad is on mountain time. I know because I play on it (55 hunter & 23 priest). However, yes my ping is high to it quite often and I live in IL.

Daggerspine is definately west... because i consistently get 50ms ping times even in IF and i'm located in socal.

All servers are in the same location. The time zones are just there so that you have a rough guess at what time the other gamers on that server will most likely be playing.

I live in LA but play on an "east coast" server. I like it b/c it's less crowded and the late night east coast crowd is a bit more serious than what i see during weekend day time hours

I'm on Stomreaver so it's really laggy during peak hours. You get used to the 150 ping after a while but it really opens your eyes if you go to a new server and have a ping of like 40... I love Stormreaver though, my guild is oh so cool.. full of level 60s who help out ;D.

I think you can call Blizzard's technical support to get your character transfered over to another server of your choice. But from what I've heard, you lose all of your equipment making you start over again collecting items you want.

Are you sure that the servers are located in the same area? Can you explain why some users are exp better ping times than others? It cant be because its a low pop server... maybe low pop servers give me high ping times.

I play on FireTree

23 Dwarf Hunter - Fummburger of the Infamous DingleBerries

I was under the impression that all the servers were located in California. This is the reason they no longer have the servers divided into timezones.

vthee said:
Are you sure that the servers are located in the same area? Can you explain why some users are exp better ping times than others? It cant be because its a low pop server... maybe low pop servers give me high ping times.

Groups of realms are located in the same area. I think they in groups of ~10 or so.

-tReP

Back