WoW: question about RP servers

cuemasterfl

Supreme [H]ardness
I was playing on Feathermoon (RP) server last night, in the Elwynn Forest area. All of a sudden someone is like "Undead Rogue seen in the logging camp!". So for about 5 minutes, everyone was hunting down this rogue, when someone commented that the rogue was headed in my general direction, towards Goldshire. Finally, he arrives and goes in front of me and stops, and about 10 alliance players join me within a few seconds. Everyone just stood there and looked at him. I was expecting us all to kick his butt, even though he had PVP disabled (hey, he's Horde). Instead we all just stood there, and someone said that the way to make him leave is to stare at him. After about 2 minutes he left.

Why couldn't we kill him? I was expecting this huge fight to break out, especially since everyone was thrilled about him being here, chasing him down. Do we just blink them to death? (sarcasm). If this is the case with a RP server, then I don't see why it's such a big deal when a member of one faction runs into enemy territory.

Because on a RP server pvp is consentual. If you would of been on a PVP server you could of attacked him. He could not of attacked you until you attacked first in that area. I play on Ner'zhul

I understand that, but why all the fuss and excitement? We couldn't do anything to him anyway.

cuemasterfl said:
I understand that, but why all the fuss and excitement? We couldn't do anything to him anyway.

Yea I find that people seem to make a point to note every horde that is in alliance area, even if they don't have PVP enabled. So I make it a point ot ask, "are they flagged" and if they say no, then I respond "shut up, stop wasting our time" . I only send out a warning when I see more than one and they're flagged otherwise no one needs to know, they could just be doing a quest.

It's really odd, people go beserk on the Proudmoore PvE chat channels whenever they see an opposing faction player in the area. They're almost never flagged for PvP, but people run around looking for them anyway for some reason.
Maybe it'a a bit of a novelty seeing a horde player if you're a newbie Alliance player, I dunno :confused:

zerex said:
Because on a RP server pvp is consentual. If you would of been on a PVP server you could of attacked him. He could not of attacked you until you attacked first in that area. I play on Ner'zhul

I play on Ner'zhul as well.... for the Alliance!

Mannoroth here...PvP also.

Any alliance found near the Crossroads gets jumped, without hesitation. Let alone if they head into Durotar or Mulgore. Then they will be hunted down and slaughtered like the limey pigs they are.

TrueBuckeye said:
Mannoroth here...PvP also.

Any alliance found near the Crossroads gets jumped, without hesitation. Let alone if they head into Durotar or Mulgore. Then they will be hunted down and slaughtered like the limey pigs they are.

Watch who you're calling a limey pig ;)

Just last night I was with a group in ashenvalle(sp?) doing some quests and on the road we past at least 4 groups of Horde on the road, none were flagged and one even stopped and waved at us. So seeing the opposite side especially in contested areas is actually quite common on nonPVP

In contested territory, it can go either way on our server. There have been times when we've passed up equal number/level groups with just a few rude gestures. Last night for instance when we came up against any lower level groups, we would just sheep them, laugh, and run on. Seeing an alliance member doesn't mean that we are going to charge...unless it is a paladin. They are kill on site at all times.

TrueBuckeye said:
In contested territory, it can go either way on our server. There have been times when we've passed up equal number/level groups with just a few rude gestures. Last night for instance when we came up against any lower level groups, we would just sheep them, laugh, and run on. Seeing an alliance member doesn't mean that we are going to charge...unless it is a paladin. They are kill on site at all times.

And why are paladins KOS? Shoot i know a lot of people on Azgalor try to gank me and get their asses killed in the process. Kinda funny really. Of course there are several times when i get ganked by an entire party or some level 60. Other than that as a lvl 50 paladin i can usually hold my own.

its hard to remain neutral in contested areas on an RP server anyways.

As for why people KOS paladins, e-man-thing envy. They play their class one way, and only one way and don't change their tactics. If you go melee against a paladin, yes, you're going to lose, no doubt about it. My 41 paladin killed some tauren warrior that was a skull to me. Unbuffed, but with my holy aura, I have 4500 armor, 2400hp, 2600mana. I can force a critical heal which gives me 1300 hp and gives back the 300+ mana spent on the heal. Since I'm focused on my holy skills, I have a 70% chance to not lose concentration when healing as well. Not to mention, I'll judge you with a seal of light, then seal myself with the 40% attack bonus which now means I'm swinging fast and every 2nd or third hit is going to heal me for 25 or so. Not much, but it adds up. Go ahead, stand toe to toe with me ;)

Despite all this, anyone with range who can dish damage can/will usually drop me. My holy smite only does 2-300 damage if not resisted and it eats up a huge amount of mana and my poor felhunter only does 30 per attack if I even have one ready to use.

Any class that can drain my mana screws me over too... I'm not going to waste a mana potion on a pvp fight, and even if I did, 900 mana goes quick...

Ashtaka said:
its hard to remain neutral in contested areas on an RP server anyways.

As for why people KOS paladins, e-man-thing envy. They play their class one way, and only one way and don't change their tactics. If you go melee against a paladin, yes, you're going to lose, no doubt about it. My 41 paladin killed some tauren warrior that was a skull to me. Unbuffed, but with my holy aura, I have 4500 armor, 2400hp, 2600mana. I can force a critical heal which gives me 1300 hp and gives back the 300+ mana spent on the heal. Since I'm focused on my holy skills, I have a 70% chance to not lose concentration when healing as well. Not to mention, I'll judge you with a seal of light, then seal myself with the 40% attack bonus which now means I'm swinging fast and every 2nd or third hit is going to heal me for 25 or so. Not much, but it adds up. Go ahead, stand toe to toe with me ;)
I would love you see you fight one of the shamans in my guild. You do realize that warriors are tanks and not really built for DPS right? And you can heal too...:rolleyes:

QHalo said:
I would love you see you fight one of the shamans in my guild. You do realize that warriors are tanks and not really built for DPS right? And you can heal too...:rolleyes:

I love fighting shaman because they are as cocky as us paladins. One of them same level tried to gank me when i had half health fighting a mob, popped my shield healed up so the mob jumped to him. Then i proceeded to bitch slap his ass. It was funny to see him get disarmed like 5 times in the fight with the shatterer. Plus my pally rox because with my polearm he has a 11% crit chance and with my 1h he has a 10% crit chance. Every crit i get raises damage to all physical and holy attacks by 15% for 8secs. The best part is though when they try to keep me held in position with those stupid roots. It is like wtf, i can counter that.

Anyways, shaman are definately no better than paladins. I have killed several of them. In melee paladins are the best class. In ranged you just run after that stupid hunters or whatever and stun their ass so they can't run and then use seal of justice to restun them every few hits, its good times.

People hate palys because they are Blizzards most favorite child. They are the easiest to play, and one of the hardest to kill. When people mention the infamous "all you have to do is push the I WIN~!!!!!!" button, they are talking about Palys.

They have so many abilities specifically designed to keep them from dying its not even funny. God shield can be put up when stunned....WTF, thought stun was supposed to keep you from doing anything? I sure as hell cant do shit when im stunned. Not for pallys though.
Insta heals, Hammer Of Justice. 3 or 4 very simple, very powerful abilities that even a 5 year old can use effectively.

It makes sense, Blizzard had to make sure the classes and races that would have the most players (Palys) got the most loving.

CyberCRAP said:
I love fighting shaman because they are as cocky as us paladins. One of them same level tried to gank me when i had half health fighting a mob, popped my shield healed up so the mob jumped to him. Then i proceeded to bitch slap his ass. It was funny to see him get disarmed like 5 times in the fight with the shatterer. Plus my pally rox because with my polearm he has a 11% crit chance and with my 1h he has a 10% crit chance. Every crit i get raises damage to all physical and holy attacks by 15% for 8secs. The best part is though when they try to keep me held in position with those stupid roots. It is like wtf, i can counter that.

Anyways, shaman are definately no better than paladins. I have killed several of them. In melee paladins are the best class. In ranged you just run after that stupid hunters or whatever and stun their ass so they can't run and then use seal of justice to restun them every few hits, its good times.

omg, so you just went immune to all attacks, full healed?? then you kicked his ass in melee because not only are you able to full heal and go immune, but your also the best melee class, why doesnt blizzard just give paladins flying mounts so they can fly over mobs instead of fighting them.

48 Undead Priest - Bleeding Hollow

peepeeface said:
omg, so you just went immune to all attacks, full healed?? then you kicked his ass in melee because not only are you able to full heal and go immune, but your also the best melee class, why doesnt blizzard just give paladins flying mounts so they can fly over mobs instead of fighting them.

48 Undead Priest - Bleeding Hollow

Says the priest, the arguable God of PVP when properly specced (shadow).

The class balance whine posts are old and annoying. Any paladin is easily defeated if you keep them at a distance, they have practically NO long distance stuff.

QHalo said:

Yes, I know I can heal, the groups that I'm in love me because I heal, my paladin is set up to heal and be support in a group. If warriors aren't meant for DPS then neither are paladins, but I'll tell ya that a warrior's going to dominate me when it comes to DPS with melee weapons. With all the clerics going shadow to pwn in PVP (which they do.) I find my heals seem more powerful than theirs. It also lets the shadow-priests burn their mana on doing damage and shielding.

As for tanking, unless there's a shadow-priest in the group, I usually always take the aggro.

At level 41, using Serenity or Morgain's 2 handed mace w/ +5 damage, I average 50dps on mobs 41-43. 44, my DPS drops signifigantly. I sure hope that a warrior can out DPS me, and I sure as hell know that a rogue will out dps me, so no, paladins aren't the king of melee.

Really, is it that hard to kill a paladin? Snare the paladin, blast the crap out of him. If he starts to cast, it's probably a heal, so counter-spell it. If you're a hunter, wing clip, shoot, rinse, repeat. Most paladins are retribution so, when they start casting, run in swinging to break their concentration.

Shadow priest? Mind blast, power shield, mind blast, mind blast. Does a large amount of damage (300ish?) An immobile paladin is a dead paladin. Very few have a boomerang, even fewer have Holy Smite (which has like a 5 yard range lol) and its not like exorcism or turn undead work on undead... (if it did, I'd admit, we'd totally own in PVP).

I'm actually shadow spec'd and I crit'd a guy last night for 827 in shadow form with mindblast. PVP Gods? Eh, I doubt it and btw, it's Shield, vampiric, shadow word pain, mindblast, mindflay mindflay. Then I get the spirit tap and 100% mana regen. Rinse Repeat.

And typically in PVP all I do is mindflay and slow people down so my Shamans can Frost shock for >1000. I don't shadow form very often unless soloing or duoing and I do what the class was intended to do, Heal.

Yeah Shadow Spec'd priests have nice damage, I know because I've crit'd many an alliance trying to run from me. But no one knows this because no one wants to play a priest. Everyone wants to play a Hunter or Rogue NE, and this thread's screenshots prove it. If you don't believe me start an alliance toon and check the wholist. I'd bet $1 million that there's at least 70%+ hunters and rogues...and most of them are NE.

Be a man, play a class that takes some skill to play. :p It's ok though, most of the alliance on my server are just plain terrible, and have no clue how to PVP. They think it's just like attacking any other mob in the game. Totally clueless.

/me dons the flamesuit

I'm respec'ing to Holy anyway for Blackrock at 55 anyway, so I won't be PVP'ing much with my Priest. Healing in highlevel instances is what I originally spec'd for, shadow is just something I wanted to try and something to have fun blasting the newbies around with.

Ashtaka said:
Really, is it that hard to kill a paladin? Snare the paladin, blast the crap out of him. If he starts to cast, it's probably a heal, so counter-spell it. If you're a hunter, wing clip, shoot, rinse, repeat. Most paladins are retribution so, when they start casting, run in swinging to break their concentration.

yeah its tough. their God shield can be cast at anytime, and negates any previous effects, eg Root or moonfire, etc. Once their sheild is up, they can heal themselves to almost full health instantly.

Supposedly there are some arrows which drain mana, those ive heard work pretty well.

When I fight pallys, i usually cat form to DPS them, then back off to heal. it takes a while, but they usually burn mana faster. if i can i do root and moonfire em as well.

most of the time they win though.
still, its better than fighting rogues. I usually get stunned, and literally cannot do anything until im dead. shamans just interrupt all my spells.

QHalo said:
I'm actually shadow spec'd and I crit'd a guy last night for 827 in shadow form with mindblast. PVP Gods? Eh, I doubt it and btw, it's Shield, vampiric, shadow word pain, mindblast, mindflay mindflay. Then I get the spirit tap and 100% mana regen. Rinse Repeat.

And typically in PVP all I do is mindflay and slow people down so my Shamans can Frost shock for >1000. I don't shadow form very often unless soloing or duoing and I do what the class was intended to do, Heal.

Yeah Shadow Spec'd priests have nice damage, I know because I've crit'd many an alliance trying to run from me. But no one knows this because no one wants to play a priest. Everyone wants to play a Hunter or Rogue NE, and this thread's screenshots prove it. If you don't believe me start an alliance toon and check the wholist. I'd bet $1 million that there's at least 70%+ hunters and rogues...and most of them are NE.

Be a man, play a class that takes some skill to play. :p It's ok though, most of the alliance on my server are just plain terrible, and have no clue how to PVP. They think it's just like attacking any other mob in the game. Totally clueless.

/me dons the flamesuit

I'm respec'ing to Holy anyway for Blackrock at 55 anyway, so I won't be PVP'ing much with my Priest. Healing in highlevel instances is what I originally spec'd for, shadow is just something I wanted to try and something to have fun blasting the newbies around with.

Thank you :)

Some people who play their classes well make them look awesome. Sorry about messin' the shadow-priest thing up, I don't pay attention to what they're doin'. All I know is Seal of Light (or Wisdom), judgement, seal of the crusader, holy strike, judgement strike whatever the dizzy thing is called. I call it "2", eyes glued on people's health. Heal if neccessary, then use the seal that prevents em from running. Exciting stuff, eh?

I remember my first time I hated paladins was fighting Van Cleef. I thought to myself "Hey, a party of 4 paladins and a rogue, we should be awesome." Everytime our party was wiped out, I was at 0 mana, the other paladins were at 100 mana, and they'd yell at me for letting them die. I never even said I was primary healer and if Cosmos tells you "I'm low on mana" then please, pick up the slack! If you don't want to heal, play a warrior.

Shadow-priests are awesome though. I've been teaming up with the same priest since our low twenties and we're in our 40's now. Back when we were 36, we went to the Alteraac mountains to do the book quest. We took a group, a rogue, a hunter, another paladin, me, and the priest. When we had adds, which was very often because the hunter would shoot anything that moved, we'd usually end up getting spanked. We'd have 4-5 37+ elites hitting us until only the priest and I were alive. Then, we'd always win against impossible odds... Same with SM. She does tons of damage but always attracts aggro and I can't peel it off, even if I unload seals and holy strikes... on the bright side, a single heal from me will bring her from near death to full health lol.

Another paladin whom I trust, the same priest, and a rogue, all of us 38 or less. Our rogue left to take care of RL stuff with half the chappel cleared, so the pally, me, and the priest cleared the rest. We then decided to fight Morgaine, even though none of us had done it before. We polished off Morgaine and the cleric lady with no losses and no real scarry moments. The three of us went on to kill Herod right after, the biggest pain was the rush of soldiers that come after Herod since none of us had area of effect spells.

Afterwards, a guildmate sent me a tell saying his group needed help with SM. Now being 40, I think "cakewalk". The rogue they picked up wouldn't stop pulling, even when all our casters were OOM. The druid they picked up never rested and was constantly below 25% mana. Before we attacked Herod, I said "I'll put blesing of wisdom on you guys when everyone's ready." thinking she'd get the hint to rest... instead I get "Rdy wis plz." Thank goodness that I wasn't relying on this druid for heals or damage... or anything...

When we went to fight Morgaine, I asked the rogue to pull from the chappel. I said "If you think you're going to get more than 2, don't pull." First pull is 3. No big deal. Next pull. 2. "All right, this person's getting the hang of it." Next pull, the entire freakin' chappel. We get back to our corpses and the rogue says "Hey, I've never tried my range attack before. Think it'll work?" Rogue never sapped either... (thank goodness the rogue and druid aren't in my guild) Worthless dead weight IMO, but the druid said "I'll be primary healer" so I never felt bad when the druid or rogue died. ;)

On the bright side, I got Herod's shoulder... the one item I really wanted from the SM when I was 36. Now, at 40, its useless compared to the plate pauldron I was wearing, but Herod's shoulder looks so much cooler :D

This is getting severely offtopic so I'll only post this, we took Erankius this weekend in Sunken Temple. It took two 60 shamans, a 51 shaman, 52 Priest, and a 51 Hunter. We party whiped 5 times trying to take him. And I'm shadow spec'd and all I did was heal the entire time and Fade to remove agro. It's a dirty job but I like being the one person that determines whether a party dies or lives. It's nice to be wanted....of course I do get the occasional PM from some level 14 to heal his party in Ragefire Chasm. For all you non-wow'ers its a level 14-20 dungeon and I'm level 53 :rolleyes:

QHalo said:
For all you non-wow'ers its a level 14-20 dungeon and I'm level 53 :rolleyes:

Yeah happens to me all the time too...will you help me with RFC, or WC?

umm no, i dont get XP and the loot aint worth it
unless of course its a guildie, then they get help

Direwolf20 said:
Says the priest, the arguable God of PVP when properly specced (shadow).

LOL this couldn't be further from the truth and also couldn't be funnier.

Back