WoW PVP question

cuemasterfl

Supreme [H]ardness
If someone plays Battlegrounds for a bit and gets past the first rank or two, but then quits PVP totally forever, do they keep the rank? Or is there a way to get rid of it? Does it go down to Private? I have a friend who wants to know because she wants to try BG but doesn't want to be stuck with Private if she plays for a while and then quits.

It degrades over time. I had one guy get to scout and it took a long time before it went away, then had him kill under 5 people one week and he was back at scout. If that holds true thru all the ranks you should be able to keep a decent rank with only a game a week in BGs.

scout is ridiculously easy to get, getting about 20 honor kills nets you the scout rank. its getting the higher ranks that are really getting hard. Pushing for Rank 10 is not easy, and pushing for Rank 14 means you literally have no life for a month

Yes, rank deteriorates. Also, since rank is based on the rest of the server, you are losing points compared to everyone else (who is still active).

Xeero said:
scout is ridiculously easy to get, getting about 20 honor kills nets you the scout rank. its getting the higher ranks that are really getting hard. Pushing for Rank 10 is not easy, and pushing for Rank 14 means you literally have no life for a month
OFFTOPIC: If you play wow at all you have no life, if you are trying to get to Rank 14 that means that you get no sleep.

I am pretty sure that once you receive the Scout Rank that you never lose it. At least I never did when I stopped PVP for about 2 months.

Ranks EVENTUALLY deteriorate. As mention above, the lower ranks take forever to die off.

However, in order to be included in weekly calculations, one only needs 25 HK's per week. That means that playing one game a week could be enough to get points ever week. And one game a week would probably get you to Rank 3 and sustain it (rough estimate). The bottom levels of the honor system aren't very strict.

You may lose the rank you've attained by not PvPing for an extended period of time, but you will never get rid of the PvP rank name in front of yours. So even if you were to get 1000 Dishonorable Kills in a week, you would still be Private XXX or Scout XXX, and not just XXX.

gamz247 said:
You may lose the rank you've attained by not PvPing for an extended period of time, but you will never get rid of the PvP rank name in front of yours. So even if you were to get 1000 Dishonorable Kills in a week, you would still be Private XXX or Scout XXX, and not just XXX.
Now that he mentions it, I think he's right. I knew a "Private Roage" who went on a 400+ DK killing spree. Never shook his private rank.

DudeItsMe said:
the lower ranks take forever to die off.
Not really. I have a friend who was rank 2 (about 1/2 way to rank 3), and lowered to rank 1 when he was leveling an alt. He probably did have a week w/ < 25 kills.

edit: It's just that there are more players of the lower ranks, so it's harder to lose lower ranks. The rate of deterioration vastly depends on the activity of the other PVPers.

Back