WoW Paladin or Warrior help me decide

Zoramac

Limp Gawd
Just got WoW and trying to decide on a character, either Paladin or Warrior (dont want to do 2 at the same time). So id like some input if i can get it on both of them from people who have played either or both. ie. pros/cons; strengths/weaknesses; best upgrade path; etc.. Wont have a chance to load it till I put my system back together next week, but id like to have my character all planned out beforehand

thx

All Im reading in the fourms is that warrior was been nerfed hard and really sucks in PVP. The paladin has many abilities which make him better.

Warriors are on the short end of the stick right now. If I had to choose, I'd still play a warrior though. Not many people are playing warriors, but hopefully they're going to play a bigger part in the end game (Onxyia, etc).

But I guess it depends on you? If you're going to be grouping and spending a lot of time with a priest, play a protection specc'ed warrior and hope that they make some changes to the warrior class.

I saw a video of a fight between a 60th lvl warrior, using his best weapon, vs a 60th lvl paladin, using his FISTS! and the paladin won. :( Then the next fight was same couple, both using 2handed weapons, the paladin decimated the warrior.

warriors really got hit hard dont know what there thinking.

personally i like the paladin where he is for PVE but for PVP i think hes a little to powerful
kind of hard to fix the pvp without scrweing up the pve side of him.

warrior i suspect will be fixed in next patch.

Thanks, i guess im leaning a little more towards paladin now, ill probably be doing alot of soloing and pve, never really got into pvp

I don't have a choice with NEs to be a Paladin but, I started a 2nd character as a warrior and now wishing I hadn't. To me, IMO, its a boring character. I enjoy my druid a lot more and my rogue.

lol, been out a week and nerf cries are flying already..

DAOC anyone?

hahahaahahah

keshian said:
lol, been out a week and nerf cries are flying already..

DAOC anyone?

hahahaahahah

warrior was nerfed before beta was over
there will always be crybabies in any mmporg

I've always liked paladins better, mainly because of their spell capabilities, and their ability to wear the very biggest armor and wield the largest weapons.

Paladin for a few reasons:

*Versatile: fantastic in groups and solo (due to self-heal, buffs, etc.)
*Hits sufficiently hard and absorbs enough damage to make a good tank (though not as hard as warriors at the same lvl).
*Pick up some of the anti-undead spells and you'll walk through Duskwood tearing a swath through everything you meet--I've been solo'ing quetss 4-5 levels higher than my level making moving through the 20s very, very easy (it also makes some other players think Paladins are far more powerful than they really are).

There are other reasons, but I definitely suggest Paladin over Warrior.

warrior. simply for the fact that everybody is alliance. i'm on the kil'jaedan server and it's daily some Alliance rush. there must be too many of em so they get bored and attempt to raid the barrens*.

*they do alright, then they get big headed and rush the crossroads where they are quickly annihilated. :)

My main is a lvl 25 Paladin Dwarf (guild is Dirty Dirty Dwarves). I started in open beta with a warrior and was less than pleased. Paladin is a lot more fun. It's also great for solo as you can heal yourself. No real need to carry food, just some mana potions or regen items. Paladin also works great if you party on elite quests and don't have a priest (which are hard to come by). Paladin's also give off auras to other party members which help. Plus, you can buff other party members including yourself. Then, in PvP you can destroy just about anything using your ability to freeze oponents and heal yourself, or put up a divine shield so you can't be hit, and heal yourself, and then just for good measure, restore your entire health at the cost of the balance of your mana, no matter how low it is. In short, Paladin's are super powerful in PvP. Plus, you get the heaviest of armor, a quest for a mount, and you can specialize in 1 or 2 handed weapons, including maces, axes, and swords. Personally, I hate seeing a Human Paladin with an axe, and a Dwarf Paladin with a sword, if you know what I mean.

The main drawback is the lack of ranged ability. In elite situations, you'll need a hunter to pull mobs for you, otherwise you'll aggro more than you can handle and eat dirt..But Paladin's can ressurect dead commrades..

Trust me.. pick Paladin..

I am playing a Tauren Warrior right now, their tanks skills and holding aggro is not as good as I thought it would be. They can get the job done, but they lack a lot of the skills paladins have, and generating rage is much tougher than using mana.

Right now Paladin > Warrior, but I think warrior will see some loving especially to the rage generation soon.

warrior was nerfed before beta was over
My main character in OB was a warrior (ended L18 I think), and it was getting hard to solo w/ it around 12-14ish. I started a pali on another server one night when the west coast servers were down, and quickly got it up to 9-10..Solo ability seems[-ed?] better with the pali, and of course the heal spells/etc. are useful while soloing. In short - I had more fun (solo wise) in the limited time that I played a paladin vs. my warrior.

I'll most likely try both, and others once I actually get my retail copy (soon)..That damn game was too addicting! I just hope that Blizz does give the warrior class some lovin' soon..

I played a dwarven warrior in CB up to level 35, and currently have a level 22 tauren.
I was able to solo most of the way to 35 during beta, but had trouble holding agro when I grouped. Since I did not group often I tended to use the same tactics I used when soloing, rend, demoralizing shout, then heroic strike when it was available.

Right now with my new warrior I've been duoing exclusively with my wife and after changing my tactics around some have much better luck holding agro over her shaman, which can be tough since shaman have some very high agro abilities. I tend to use rend, sunder armor, demoralizing shout, and hamstring plus trying to keep battle shout on us to increase our attack power. Since I quit using heroic strike I keep better agro which lets us kill easier. We duoed Ragefire chasm at level 18 and were able to handle up to 4 level 15 elites at once with me tanking 3 of them most times. With the removed rage cost from taunt and agro from sunder + dem shout I could keep most of the creatures on me even with her healing.

I also like all the weapon and armor options as a warrior. I just finished learning every different weapon available which includes daggers, 1h and 2h sword, 1h and 2h mace, 1h and 2h axe, polearms, bows, crossbows, guns, fist weapons, and staves. Having the option to use any weapon I find is very fun. I also switch between weapon configurations based on the situation. 1h / shield for tanking or against casters, 2 hander or dual wield for dps depending on what weapons I have available at that level.

As for pvp I really haven't paid attention because I'm more interested in pve. Hybrids have always been more powerful in pvp from the mmos I've played in the past though. I played a warrior for 4 years in EQ and had to deal with rangers, shadowknights, and paladins all being very strong in pvp compared to me. But when it came time to do the big raid everyone was looking to me to tank the big mob. Without the warriors many of the creatures we killed would have been unkillable.

Just my 2 cents.

Back