WoW orange items

wesquaz

Weaksauce
can anyone explain? i have seen only 2 items in-game with the orange quality, does anyone have more details on them?

Those are incredibly rare items. Some highend raiding guilds have never even seen them drop. You're lucky to see one on a character.

And one of them has the stupidest model ever.

botreaper10 said:
Those are incredibly rare items. Some highend raiding guilds have never even seen them drop. You're lucky to see one on a character.

They don't drop, they are crafted out of Epic drops.

DermicSavage said:
Called artifact items, very rare on an epic scale.

Called Legendary items, Artifacts are Red text.

You still need the base item to drop, which is a rarity at any rate. Take the hammer from ragnaros, you need that hammer and several other things to make the legendary item. So you need the "drop" to get it.

Apparently it takes 3000+ gold to craft that mace. A dude on my server has it and likes to flaunt it in Ironforge.

Those are cool. Never seen one. The best item I've seen is a blue trinket with about a dozen +attributes. Hell, if I had one of those, I'd be yelling GO AHEAD! INSPECT ME! I DARE YOU!

odoe said:
Those are cool. Never seen one. The best item I've seen is a blue trinket with about a dozen +attributes. Hell, if I had one of those, I'd be yelling GO AHEAD! INSPECT ME! I DARE YOU!
what server r u on?

On my server last night a horde guild completed the quest for the legendary 1h sword (through exploiting no less). The guild i'm in is pretty close to crafting the ragnaros hammer, just missing one piece.

I know the legendary sword is pretty hard.

First you need an item that drops off Garr in Molten core (3% chance) then another item from Baron (again 3%). Then you need to get 10 Elementium bars (1 elementium ore, 10 Arcanite bars, 1 fiery core each) which basically costs 10 elementium ore and 100 arcanite bars total. The elementium only drops in BWL.

Then you need to do some side quests, and finally kill a world encounter boss for the final item. Pretty crazy stuff.

Direwolf20 said:
I know the legendary sword is pretty hard.

First you need an item that drops off Garr in Molten core (3% chance) then another item from Baron (again 3%). Then you need to get 10 Elementium bars (1 elementium ore, 10 Arcanite bars, 1 fiery core each) which basically costs 10 elementium ore and 100 arcanite bars total. The elementium only drops in BWL.

Then you need to do some side quests, and finally kill a world encounter boss for the final item. Pretty crazy stuff.

It is only crazy stuff to the casual player. To the hardcore guilds this is part of their natural progression and to them just part of the drill of being UBER. 100 arcanite bars is not that tough if you throw a guild at it. That can be done in a week w/o breaking a sweat.

The thing about being in a raiding guild is that you the player know EXACTLY what is expected of you and how much time you have to commit to make it a success. In EQ, there were guilds that required 30 hours of time per week plus attending 9 out of 10 weekend raids. WoW is no different.

-tReP

The hardest part is getting the bindings from Garr and Gehennas. Getting the arcanite is easy. The elementium can be gotten easily too, though it will probably be changed in an upcoming patch. And finally the boss that you summon and have to kill is a pushover.

A warrior in my guild has Sulfuras. 1st on server to have the mace and there is only 2 total on the server. 1 Alliance 1 Horde. We are currently working on the 2nd avaliable 1H legendary now.

WoWScrnShot_080105_195122.jpg

I just wish they'd put more epic quests into the game for higher levels. Theres a hunter and priest epic currently, but Blizzard has officially stated that giving epic quests to the rest of the classes is a "low priority".

Direwolf20 said:
I just wish they'd put more epic quests into the game for higher levels. Theres a hunter and priest epic currently, but Blizzard has officially stated that giving epic quests to the rest of the classes is a "low priority".

Paladin and Warlock's have epic quests as well

DemisE said:
Paladin and Warlock's have epic quests as well

For an epic mount, anyone can buy one of those. I think it stinks that both of the legendary weapons are best suited for a warrior.

Genocidal[v2] said:
For an epic mount, anyone can buy one of those. I think it stinks that both of the legendary weapons are best suited for a warrior.

I agree, and the "mount" is not a very epic item. I'd like something that I can use in PVP or in instances like MC/BWL, something a little more useful than faster movement :).

The guild I'm in got the first "crafted" legendary weapon on Laughing Skull. We are the most hated guild on the server for sure, but then again were the top pvp and pve guild. Now some would say that we dont pvp any more which is somewhat true, but when we did no one beat us.. Anyways heres a picture of our GM with the 2h mace.

sulfuras.jpg

Hand of Ragnaros is becoming more common everyday. With more and more guilds fully decked out in MC gear they are spending time group farming for items to create it. I've seen a few myself and was :eek: but now its losing its mystic.

Genocidal[v2] said:
not the sword

Banana Boyz eh? My buddy plays on that server. :). He doesn't speak too highly of you guys, lol. But I play on skullcrusher myself, so I don't know.

He also hates "Pals for Life" who apparently also play on that server, and everyone always comes on asking where Leroy is. Apparently the population on that server skyrocketted once Leroy's video came out.

ryanrule said:
not the sword

And who do you think it is suited for? Certainly not a rogue, the max damage is low and the speed is fast, sinister strike attacks would be very low. Since it is mainhand only it would be a waste. The only nice thing would be the proc but only because it is bugged and going off 30% of the time which is waaaay to high. Blizzard is going to lower that either in todays patch or real soon.

Wouldn't be of much use for a hunter either.

a rogue in my guild has both bindings. Currently we have just about all the arcanite he needs and are now farming BWL for the elementium. When we finally summon the guy, we will keep it guild only for fun... not like the other servers where 4 full raids showed up to help/watch the event.

Isn't that sword somewhat wasted on a rogue, due to its low damage faster speed? Most rogues go for the opposite to get better SS's.

Still a pretty nice sword though ;), anyone should want it, and its very cool looking in game.

Currently 2 warriors in my guild have the left half, never seen the right one drop.

Farming the elementium shouldn't take too long. There is a rather quick way to get it all though it is questionable, blizzard probably considers it an exploit.

C|ip$3 said:
The guild I'm in got the first "crafted" legendary weapon on Laughing Skull. We are the most hated guild on the server for sure, but then again were the top pvp and pve guild. Now some would say that we dont pvp any more which is somewhat true, but when we did no one beat us.. Anyways heres a picture of our GM with the 2h mace.

sulfuras.jpg

You're also exploiting faggets. GTFO!

Edit: The top guild(alliance) on the server has been shafted on eye drops, so many rag kills not a single eye. BBz just got lucky. Also friend just reminded me, they casade their instances 4x a week to able to get the eye drop.

theNoid said:
Hand of Ragnaros is becoming more common everyday. With more and more guilds fully decked out in MC gear they are spending time group farming for items to create it. I've seen a few myself and was :eek: but now its losing its mystic.

Remember when purples were OMG!? I am prob the best non MC equipped rogue on laughing skull. I only have 2 drops out of MC snice my guild no longer does MC currently. Hopefully Zul'Gurub will be some good subs until I get back into MC. Also the cloak from faction from Arathi Basin is on par with a cloak out of BWL unf unf.

oh yeah zul gurub is comin out. what's the word on that? are you gonna have to be MC decked in order to run it? or will it start to become LFG ZG!!

Word is that you will either need to be geared from MC, or ramped up on gear from the earlier parts of Zul'Gurub to beat the later encounters.

HRslammR said:
oh yeah zul gurub is comin out. what's the word on that? are you gonna have to be MC decked in order to run it? or will it start to become LFG ZG!!

3day RaidID's will make that a problem

is that the most commonly seen orange item? have you guys seen other orange items? can you post screenshots if you have?

Talon Blackrazor said:
Word is that you will either need to be geared from MC, or ramped up on gear from the earlier parts of Zul'Gurub to beat the later encounters.

Wrong, it's a step before MC for guilds that arent really capable of 40 man raids do to guild size and player time. Aslong as you know how to build a good blue(some purple) sets out of MC you can do just fine. Take what the poeple that played on test server with a grain of salt. I logged on there and saw about 2 other rogues that actually had better gear then me at the time. I have done MC for a month before we had some guild issues and only had 2 items out of there for my rogue, a striker's mark( I got this when I was in the power house guild on LS before I left the game for 2 months) and a quick strike ring with my new guild. Once we got a full our guild only raid we marched to domo with a few days of clearing, and were on our way to doing it in 1 day. To bad poeple can't take fucking being yelled at for sucking at their class and constantly getting poeple killed or not being able to properly banish shit.

Prim3 said:
Wrong, it's a step before MC for guilds that arent really capable of 40 man raids do to guild size and player time. Aslong as you know how to build a good blue(some purple) sets out of MC you can do just fine. Take what the poeple that played on test server with a grain of salt. I logged on there and saw about 2 other rogues that actually had better gear then me at the time. I have done MC for a month before we had some guild issues and only had 2 items out of there for my rogue, a striker's mark( I got this when I was in the power house guild on LS before I left the game for 2 months) and a quick strike ring with my new guild. Once we got a full our guild only raid we marched to domo with a few days of clearing, and were on our way to doing it in 1 day. To bad poeple can't take fucking being yelled at for sucking at their class and constantly getting poeple killed or not being able to properly banish shit.

He is partially right ZG is NOT for PUG's. Our guild went in last night after trashing Onyxia and had zero issues so far. The problem with ZG is that you need to know how to play your class and *gasp* actually handle fights that last longer than 1 minute (drak doesn't count). Things like healing rotations, out of combat rezzers, etc are all EXTREMELY important. Things like spirit for priests are no longer useless. Being able to regen 70+ mana per tick during your out rotation is the difference between life and death.

ZG is not hard, it is however damn nifty for guilds who can't field Onyxa/MC/BWL but think UBRS is a joke. It does fill a nitch. I have a feeling that our weekly raids for SM/Strat/DM/etc are going to dry up as we run ZG 4 or 5 times week inbetween MC/Onyxia.

-tReP

got in with pug last night to try it out. 2 dropped so we where 18 with only one mage .... got wipped 3 times by first boss (venom). We did almost got him but like the other guys said you need to play your class ... as a pally of course my job was cleansing and healing (even if I do have 8.5k armor) ... other pallys tough they could tank the bosses .... young padawans.

BTW how does rez out of combat works? Just curious.

maverick72 said:
got in with pug last night to try it out. 2 dropped so we where 18 with only one mage .... got wipped 3 times by first boss (venom). We did almost got him but like the other guys said you need to play your class ... as a pally of course my job was cleansing and healing (even if I do have 8.5k armor) ... other pallys tough they could tank the bosses .... young padawans.

BTW how does rez out of combat works? Just curious.

Basically you never enter combat. Don't heal anyone, don't attack anything, sit on the sidelines. You won't be "flagged" for combat, so you CAN res people. Just res anyone who dies, but don't heal or buff or attack anything.

Back