WOW open beta

zeos

Limp Gawd
so anyone know when the siginups are gonna be, i just went over to worlofwarcraft.com to check and the site is down.

The boards have been down all weekend. Blizzard was goign to allow closed beta peeps to download the game this weekend but ran into issues. My guess is signups will occur this week and the open beta will start late this week ... or early next.

I think the beta testing is over, I played that game early September and wasn't to impressed but that's probably because I don't get into the whole MMORPG thing.

Please ... why do people post when they are clueless as to what is really going on.

It has been widely known that the open beta is starting very soon ... you can get this right from the blizzard website.

To thoose who choose not to educate themselves ... here is what is happening.

The Stress Test (not a beta test) was a limited open test which you could get a reserved place in if you signed up for file planet. It was not very long but when it ended a certain amount of people were let into the closed beat test.

The closed beta test started before the stress test and just ended last friday. Now the servers are being patched and updated as necessary.

The open beta open to everyone is going to start relatively soon.

It is also worth noting that all closed beta testers will get to play in open beta. Blizzard was going to offer the new cleaned up, patched client to closed beta first followed shortly by open beta. Now they're saying we'll all get it at the same time. Blizzard also promised that we could keep our chars for open beta (they'll of course be wiped for production).

Thank you ZeroX ....
And by the way I think they are updating the website as we speak ...
the www.worldofwarcraft.com site is done right now.

Now that we have established what the facts are .. hopefully we can eliminate clueless posts.

My guess is signups will occur this week and the open beta will start late this week ... or early next.

Where in that quote is misleading information? His "guess" is as good as anybody elses. Get off your high horse. BTW the web site being down was in the first post you idiot.

I believe bonkrowave was referring to sculelos when he said he thinks that beta testing is over.

I'd look for the open beta some time around Nov 8th ... I cant see any better way to hook would be WoW/EQ2'ers then by offering it to them free on the day of EQ2's release ... This is too good of a marketing move to pass up ...

Myst2 ... time to switch to decaf

P.S. has anyone else seen the costume for the succubus on the world of warcraft site ...

WoW is all i can say :p she sure is a sucubus
How come there are no girls like that in Toronto :p

sculelos said:
I think the beta testing is over, I played that game early September and wasn't to impressed but that's probably because I don't get into the whole MMORPG thing.

I think you're talking about the closed beta, which has come to a close. The open beta will be starting soon.

bonkrowave said:
WoW is all i can say :p she sure is a sucubus
How come there are no girls like that in Toronto :p

There are plenty, they just dont play computer games ... :eek:

They've had that "WoW Open Beta" coming soon sign on their pages since the beginning of October.

WoW was fun though, played the Fileplanet stress test and really enjoyed it. I'm still wavering EQ2 or WoW. EQ2 is fun as well. Man, the decisions. :p

HEY GUYS THE PAGE IS UPDATED

you can download the client now if you are subscribed to fileplanet ... I know its a kick in the ass ... but I did it for the last stress test so I still have membership.

I in no way condone this by blizzard or fileplanet. They are both making money from making people pay to be guaranteed a spot in the test. In effect they are making people pay to beta test ... which is wrong.

But damn WoW is addicitng ... I cant help myself man :)

Well fileplanet subscribes bring down blizzards SITE
muhahahahaah
/evil laugh

Looks like everyones trying to get the client from blizzards site ... stupid that they didn;t give the client to fileplanet to download from there.

Oh well ... gotta wait for my fix

Must... get my char to lvl 60 before retail! Not that it matters in the end, I just want to get there -_-

This whole oporation blizzard and fileplanet should be nerfed...

Like common guys ... so fileplanet allows for subscribers to sign up for the WoW final stress test. Except they dont tell you they dont have the client file there.

BOOOO-URNS

So you go to blizzard to get the file .... but the page is down ... because of hammering no doubt ... so you can sign up get your key and everything ... but you cant download the client ....

BOOOOOO

Back