WoW on an Xpress 200(256MB)

Spewn

2[H]4U
Right now I'm trying to build a system for my brother, primarily he plays console games but he wants to start playing WoW with his friends. My laptop has an Xpress 200M(I think M? not sure), and with only 64mb of video memory runs eve-online at 35fps or so. With 1024 system memory and 256 of that dedicated to an onboard xpress 200, would WoW run alright? A video card upgrade is not out of the question, but he hasn't expressed any interest in any of the games which would require it(Nothing any more recent than WoW).

Basically, my thinking is that it won't cost any more at the outset to do, and that it won't cost any more to simply go with the better video card anyway if, once we get the parts together and running, he decides it isn't what he wants. It won't cost him any more to get a motherboard with the Xpress 200 integrated, and he doesn't need any special voltage or frequency options(the system likely won't be overclocked, certainly not at the "enthusiast" level).

Thoughts? Anyone have any experience running WoW or games of similar graphical requirements on the Xpress 200@256MB? How about any recommendations for specific boards with the xpress 200 on them?

Edit: I thought this would fit into the mobo section because I'm talking about what is, as far as I'm aware, an integrated solution only. Please move the thread if this is the wrong location.

Back