WOW on a 3007?

Steel

n00b
anyone played World of Warcraft on a 3007? hows it look? what FPS? any ghosting?

im dying to hear from someone about this. think that monitor will run on a bfg 6800 ultra oc?

MYPEARL said:
so i can only to the 2405? is what your saying?

I can tell you the 2405 looks gorgeous. Word has it the 3007 does not have the brightness or contrast of the 2405 so unless you absolutely must have the biggest, the 2405 probably looks better overall. Plus WoW supports the native 1920X1200 of the 2405 without fiddling. I can only imagine what kind of tweaking/hardware it would take to get it at the native rez of a 3007. In all fairness I can only speak to the 2405, anyone out there have an opertunity to put these two side by side in WoW and compare? Now that would be something.

Problem isn't how many inches its trying to run WoW at 2560x1600 lol

my X800XT has problems as it is running full bore 1600x1000 on my widescreen. :(

what realms you guys play on... im on magtheridon 60 mage 60 warrior 60 pally... Mero Phife Emo... those are my chars names i've played on my sony LCD HD... So nice. x800xt :)

Samhorns said:
I can tell you the 2405 looks gorgeous. Word has it the 3007 does not have the brightness or contrast of the 2405 so unless you absolutely must have the biggest, the 2405 probably looks better overall. Plus WoW supports the native 1920X1200 of the 2405 without fiddling. I can only imagine what kind of tweaking/hardware it would take to get it at the native rez of a 3007. In all fairness I can only speak to the 2405, anyone out there have an opertunity to put these two side by side in WoW and compare? Now that would be something.

I'm a dork, just spotted jacuzz1's thread, just about all the comparing anyone needs. Nice but too pricey for my blood........yet ;)

I've ran a 10-day free trial of Wow on my 2405 with a 6800nu with no problems. It ran beautifully, but the game bored me to tears.

Tell me where i can find it and i will run it for you and post a pic, free trial only, I dont play rpg

WoW looks amazing. I run it at native rez with my x1900xtx. I get about 30-50 fps....varies of course. I can play smoothly most of the time. I have all the candy turned on as well.

I will be getting the new 7900gtx....hopefully i can get more fps out of it.

I posted pics not to long ago.

I don't particularly like lcds for faced paced games, but I think they play games like that very well though.

So it runs at 2560x1600 ... I'm about to buy a 3007 myself, and I have 2 major uses for my machine. Hardcore video/audio editing, and WoW... so if WoW runs at 2560x1600 fine, then I'm all over this.

Can you confirm Homeslice ?

-BZ

batmanwcm said:
I've ran a 10-day free trial of Wow on my 2405 with a 6800nu with no problems. It ran beautifully, but the game bored me to tears.

haha ditto. except i actually bought the game. what a waste.

I don't know if it will run at that high of a resolution. I'm playing at 1680x1050 with my old ass BFG6800OC on my 2405, and damn it looks beautiful. I just ordered parts for my new rig...

AMD FX60
A8N32-SLI Deluxe
2GB Crucial 3500LL
BFG7800GTX 256
WD Raptor 74GB

So I will be pwning Nefarian at 1920x1280 shortly. WOW has a lovely widescreen setting in the video setup.

Gorefiend-Horde
60 Priest-Conjure

2405 FTW!!!!!!

When you all get Tired of your Kiddy game WoWorldcraft

Come on over to the Adult game of EverQuest 1

My 15 year old get to level 60 in WoW in about 3 weeks of playing
Then he starts another character and does it again Rinse & Repeat

There is a reason EverQuest has been around for over 6 years now
Play EQ for a while and you will see announcements that WoW or some other copy-cat game is adding some great new feature. That has been in EQ for years.

I laughed when I read an WoW designer talk about adding high end raiding to WoW.

We have been raiding in EQ since the beginning
EQ knows Raiding
EQ has High-End Raid down
Name it EQ has it, Been had it, Never lost it !

I bet ur 15 year old is REAL popular with the girls ;) Like Dungeon and Dragon players back in our day. . .LOL. Just joking bud. I hope you do have him in martial arts tho. Kids need it.

wkstar said:
Name it EQ has it, Been had it, Never lost it !
wow. you should be really proud, since you must've been on the dev. team for EQ, or in the graphics dept. or sound design... no? oh, nevermind. you shouldn't be proud at all then. you just play it, and that's all.

Nah, I am a player.
My warrior is in the Top Ten on my Server

Just saying that, I see so many people get tired of WoW so fast, Cause to me it's like Cotton candy. So sweet and pretty, But nothing really there.

Then they come over to EQ and the first thing they complain about is that fights take longer than 3 seconds. Or that they didn't level 5 times that day.

From all that I have seen WoW is a Childrens game
EverQuest is for Adults

wkstar said:
Nah, I am a player.
My warrior is in the Top Ten on my Server

Just saying that, I see so many people get tired of WoW so fast, Cause to me it's like Cotton candy. So sweet and pretty, But nothing really there.

Then they come over to EQ and the first thing they complain about is that fights take longer than 3 seconds. Or that they didn't level 5 times that day.

From all that I have seen WoW is a Childrens game
EverQuest is for Adults

I stuck with WoW longer then EQ... at level 53 with my monk I quit, right after Shadows of Luclin came out.

Leveling to 60 has nothing to do with getting to the end of the game. The high end raid instances are actually fun, mass pvp is awesome, and interesting quests that make WoW better.

Also, it has nothing to do with children or adults... Everquest is just boring. PVP > all.

I've played them all. WoW starts when you hit lvl 60. 40 man raids are perfectly balanced, and 40vs40 pvp is amazing. WOW has something like 4 million active subscribers now. Wow>all k gg.

Back to the original purpose of this thread...anyone got some screenies of WoW on a 3007 it would be very appreciated. WoW looks great on my 2405. Also, i'd love to know if anyone can play wow at native res on that 3007. THX

It's all Good ! !

You play your game and I will play mine
Wow has started out the gate HUGE with 4 million subscribers
But I can't wait to see how many are around when the game gets to 4 years plus old ..
Word is at the moment That EQ has leveled off at around 800 thousand subscribers
Remember it's pushing 7 years old now.

BTW, I play EQ on a FW900 and it looks great to me
When my son grabs my machine instead of his own WoW looks VERY pretty on the FW900 also.
Nothing like 24 inches of WideScreen CRT..

wkstar said:
It's all Good ! !

You play your game and I will play mine
Wow has started out the gate HUGE with 4 million subscribers
But I can't wait to see how many are around when the game gets to 4 years plus old ..
Word is at the moment That EQ has leveled off at around 800 thousand subscribers
Remember it's pushing 7 years old now.

BTW, I play EQ on a FW900 and it looks great to me
When my son grabs my machine instead of his own WoW looks VERY pretty on the FW900 also.
Nothing like 24 inches of WideScreen CRT..

age and maturity do not always walk hand in hand. no offense, but you seem to be a bit immature by calling WoW a kids game and EQ an adult game. age does not matter ingame. maturity level does. if you never played a character to 60 in WoW and got into the battlegrounds(PVP) or did some endgame raids, then you really can not judge the game. Warriors are great fun at lvl 60.

back on topic: anyone have screenshots?

Back