WoW now banning for speaking out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonkrowave

2[H]4U
Due to the uproar Blizzard has brought upon themselves due to the inadequate servers and poor communication from Devs there has been an increase in the amount of posts negatively impacting blizzards reputation.

Blizzards solution to this .... ban all the people who are outspoken and hope the fan boys will take over the forums. These totalitarian measures are disgusting and blemish a company known for releasing above par products.

I was banned last night (Sunday) for this exact reason. I will post a screen shot of the thread when I get home tonight, which resulted in a ban.

I think its a shame Blizzard sold there souls to Vivendi. The first warning signs should have come when long time Blizzard employees starting leaving blizzard because of internal politics and conflicts with Vivendi.

Vivendi has openly attacked Valve and is now on a charge against Blizzard, which I can only equate to the ride of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

Blizzard had a reputation as one of the best developers out there, sadly they do not even realize this reputation has started its downward spiral. Will they only realize this when they reach rock bottom ?

I hope not.

I knew this will happen since Vivendi got control of Blizzard.

If Valve did this there would be 4 solid pages of threads about how much Steam sucks.

kick@ss said:
If Valve did this there would be 4 solid pages of threads about how much Steam sucks.

It already happened. This is about Blizzard and Vivendi. Stop thread crapping.

However, there does seem to be a common point of interest in these problems. Vivendi. :eek:

Can you give us a link to the thread? If you were too outspoken, as in you flame and/or troll excessively rather than posting in a civil manner, i doubt the moderators would be very tolerable in any case.

"I am very disappointed in your service because..."

would be preferrable. But if it was something like this...

"OMFG u suxors!!!" *1337 troll* *1337 troll* *1337 troll* *1337 troll*

In this case, i'd ban your ass off any board i'm a moderator in :cool:

Yes Yes I will post a screenshot of the thread which I was banned for ... It only had 3 responces one was a MOD.

I do not want ppl to think that I am some goodie goodie two shoes. I am very outspoken, I do not however swear, (unless you consider Asshat) swearing. It seems that my views are now being echoed by a large amount of people.

I have posted many things regarding the poor lack of communicaton between players and Devs. I have created various ingame GM tickets which have all gone unanswered and I have yet to recieve any reply fromtechnical support.

If this does not give me a right to be frustrated and / or complain then I dont know what does.

This is not viviendi. This is the growing pains of blizzard making their first ever MMO, and it sucks. This last weekend my server (Kel'thuzad) has been down constantly (both saturday & sunday), and it was one of the servers down for the 16 hours of maintenance.

I'd have to read the post but blizzard banning for saying something about the downtime sucks. Reminds me of the CPL forums where every thread not promoting the CPL or their sponsors is deleted. However, I don't think anything could be as bad as the CPL forums.

bonkrowave said:
Yes I found it !!

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=853055&tmp=1#post853055

And this was the thread I created and was banned for 24hours the first time (below)

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=818827&P=1

Both bans were said to be "trolling / spamming"
Your entire post was a flame directed at a specific person. I mean really, what were you expecting? On the general forums no less. Besides, it's not like you were permanentely banned. Hell, you probably weren't even banned from the game at all.

You called the people of Blizzard asshats, that's a personal insult, why shouldn't they ban you? You only got a 24 hour ban, I don't really see what the problem is.
If you have a point to make (and it sounds like you have a valid point), make it without swearing or calling people names.

It really is sad what happened to Blizzard.

Im not sure what line of work you guys are in, put when we consider manufactouring a new product we take a look at existing same products, identify their strengths and weakness and learn from their mistakes.

Now Blizzard has had months in stress test (I was part of) closed beta and open beta(was in this as well) and there are glarring examples of bugs that were reported inbeta phase and are still not fixed. Not to mention the severs were more stable in beta.

I am very dissapointed in blizzard, a company who USED TO release only high polished amazing software.

Vivendi ruins yet another company!

koneko said:
You called the people of Blizzard asshats, that's a personal insult, why shouldn't they ban you? You only got a 24 hour ban, I don't really see what the problem is.
If you have a point to make (and it sounds like you have a valid point), make it without swearing or calling people names.

ummm where did I call the people who work at blizzard ... asshats ?
Also if you used the forum u would understand swears are filtered out ... and asshat is a widely used word on the forums ... which is not filtered out.

You really should look at both links, and understand the post, before deciding .

Someone enjoys their job a little too much :rolleyes:

You could try complaining to the admin. Some mods can be a bit overzealous when they're new :)

i should have known. LOL Ive seen you post before, and remember you by the name. Youve made an impression stinky enough for people to remember you, heh

Youre an ass on those forums, you broke the rules, you got your shorts snapped. Blizzard for all its faults runs a a tight ship when it comes to forum behavior...

Do you have a right to be upset about bugs and server downtime? Do you have a right to be upset about poor GM/tech responses? You betcha. Im pissed too. But calling other forum members asshats and starting flamewars? The [H] might tolerate it, but you know Blizzard wont.

24 hour ban? Thats nothing but a time out. I thought you were perma-banned or ssomething.

Steel Chicken said:
i should have known. Ive seen you post before, and remember you by the name.

Youre an ass on those forums, you broke the rules, you got your shorts snapped. Blizzard for all its faults runs a a tight ship when it comes to forum behavior...

Do you have a right to be upset about bugs and server downtime? Do you have a right to be upset about poor GM/tech resposne, You betcha. Im pissed too. But calling other forum members asshats and starting flamewars? The [H] might tolerate it, but you know Blizzard wont.

24 hour ban? Thats nothing but a time out. I thought you were perma-banned or ssomething.

Nope Im perma banned.

And if you use the forums you know as well as I do, what I post pales in comparisson to what is posted daily. And you should also know that well thought out posts are never answered ... it is only the sensational that ever get a generic cut and past responce.

bonkrowave said:
It really is sad what happened to Blizzard.

Im not sure what line of work you guys are in, put when we consider manufactouring a new product we take a look at existing same products, identify their strengths and weakness and learn from their mistakes.

Now Blizzard has had months in stress test (I was part of) closed beta and open beta(was in this as well) and there are glarring examples of bugs that were reported inbeta phase and are still not fixed. Not to mention the severs were more stable in beta.

I am very dissapointed in blizzard, a company who USED TO release only high polished amazing software.

Vivendi ruins yet another company!
This has NOTHING to do with Viviendi. This is Blizzard breaking its teeth on MMOs.

bonkrowave said:
Vivendi has openly attacked Valve and is now on a charge against Blizzard, which I can only equate to the ride of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

I honestly did not read anything beyond that comment. Seriously....you need to get out more. :rolleyes:

obs said:
This has NOTHING to do with Viviendi. This is Blizzard breaking its teeth on MMOs.

It has everything to do with Vivendi. When Vivendi came in a number of blizzard personel left because of politics. Some people who used to work for blizzard went and started guild wars, amongst other titles.

TINY ... Im not sure what you mean by your post ? You criticise me before even reading my entire post ?

bonkrowave said:
Nope Im perma banned.

And if you use the forums you know as well as I do, what I post pales in comparisson to what is posted daily. And you should also know that well thought out posts are never answered ... it is only the sensational that ever get a generic cut and past responce.

I missed the part about you being perma-banned. From forums, or game too? Thats a little harsh. You were getting a little outrageous in the forums...a shrot vacation would be fair. Perma-banned? That seems a little harsh.

Yeah I feel your pain. They are not doing well when it comes to customer service, no doubt. "We are aware of the issue and are thinking about doing something about it, assuming its not working as intended"

I've been reading a bit more and it looks like you're pretty much labeled as a troll by the other posters.

That single post may not be enough to get you banned by itself. But it may have been the last straw.

Steel Chicken said:
I missed the part about you being perma-banned. From forums, or game too? Thats a little harsh. You were getting a little outrageous in the forums...a shrot vacation would be fair. Perma-banned? That seems a little harsh.

Yeah I feel your pain. They are not doing well when it comes to customer service, no doubt. "We are aware of the issue and are thinking about doing something about it, assuming its not working as intended"

Exactly ... I have issued at least 5 GM tickets ... none of which have bene answered and I have not recieved any emails after the tickets are deleted. And I have checked my account info to make sure my email is right ... and yes I have checked my spam settings.

Im not sure what else to do ... If I post anythign well thought out with points backing up my statement I am flammed by fan boys and my posts are never answered by blizzard.

And the only posts which are answered are the sensational .... and when I try this way .... I get perma banned.

Blizzard onyl has themselves to blame. There is no communication between Devs and players. The large majority of questions and posts go unanswered all the while the MODS reply only to flames.

Sly said:
I've been reading a bit more and it looks like you're pretty much labeled as a troll by the other posters.

That single post may not be enough to get you banned by itself. But it may have been the last straw.

Yes you are immediatly labeled a troll, whiner, cryer as soon as you say Blizzard is anything less then perfect.

so did you get perma banned from the forums, or from the game as well, did they cancel your account?

bonkrowave said:
Yes you are immediatly labeled a troll, whiner, cryer as soon as you say Blizzard is anything less then perfect.

Go into one of the [H]'s Video sub forums, or one of the CPU sub forums and make a post against the forums namesake, same thing will happen. (Go into ATI and say Nvidia owns them for example). The difference is you can ignore the !!!!!!z or you can sink their level. You sunk to their level, and Blizzard bit ya.

bonkrowave said:
Perma banned from Forums ...

Not sure about game .... Im at work right now.

lets us know, im curious to see how this turns out. Were your issues technical, or game play oriented? I hope you can keep playing at least, the forums there are less than worthless, I wouldnot count it as a loss, heh

Yet blizzard does not ban people who troll or flame threads whos Op post negatively towards blizzard.

Case in point my second link.

Yes most of my tickets were technical a few were people who looked up my name and server and made an alt on my server just to grief me .... and these guys alts are still there .... I just have to ignore them.

My statements reflecting negatively towards Blizzard are only increasingly being echoed. If blizz continue with there lack of communcation ... its wll not be long before my views are held by the majority of ppl.

This isn't new, Blizzard banned people when they complained about Diablo II patches, or lack there of.

I got a 24 hour ban because I said something along the lines that blizzard's delivery of information was in need of serious help. Total posts untill that ban = 3, over a 4 month period.
And no its wasn't in l33t speak.

When the founding fathers of a company leave, all at once, you know something is seriously wrong.

But regardless ... thanks guys. I just wanted a non-bias responce as to if I was out of line or not, and if my perma-ban was warranted.

MeanieMan you hit the nail on the head ... but so many ppl refuse to accept this. They refuse to accept blizzard could do any wrong at all.

I view the wow forums (esp. general) like a riot, chaos everywhere, yelling and griefing, crying and complaining. If someone made a polite, intelligent post then I agree it should not be cause for a ban but I can understand how blizz would want to control the riots and put a little water on the fire so to speak or else things will snowball and will get worse.

But what they are doing now is just silencing anyone with negative views towards them so the forum will become nothing but a wasteland of blizzard !!!!!!s there for one reason only, to stroke blizzards inflated ego.

bonkrowave said:
If people think its just me pissed about the game ... check out penny arcades smackdown.

Read more here

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=864748&s=new&tmp=1#new

... well apparently steelchicken already has :p

yes im all up on it heh

Im not taking Blizz side by any means...they borked this rollout bad. Seriously, beta was more stable. I mean, did they not know how many people would be playing?
Killed by their own success in this case.

Steel Chicken said:
yes im all up on it heh

Im not taking Blizz side by any means...they borked this rollout bad. Seriously, beta was more stable. I mean, did they not know how many people would be playing?
Killed by their own success in this case.

You speak the truth ... Im not sure how they could blow the rollout. Blizzard said they had 500,000 players in beta, which had fewer servers ... and now with more servers and 600,000 people with peak times being 250,000 people ... they dont have stable servers.

Did they just forget about beta ?

To be honest with you, I thought it seemed as though your ban may have been warranted. In the first link it just seems like you're trying to stir up trouble and form some kind of mob against Blizzard. I understand the frustration that the games issues can cause, but as Caydiem said, it wasn't a contructive thread at all.

The second post seems as though it was created solely to rip into that Megadeath guy. He probably did deserve it, but if you create an entire thread just to call the guy an "asshat" then that too would probably warrant the ban. And perhaps it was unfair if that megadeath didn't get banned, I don't know what he said though. But still, maybe you should have taken the high road and just let it slide.

As i said though, this is just how it appeared to my distant view of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back