Wow, lot's of ads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelthuron

n00b
I'm all for HardOCP making some money, but I can count seven different ads when I open the site. Seems a bit much. Sure I could just use Adblock, but I don't want to do that to you guys. I've been coming here for years. This is the feedback forum, and I'm not trying to be rude, but man that's a ton of ads for a front page.

Doesn't look cluttered to me. And they're all relevant to the content within the website. To be exact the ads are showing high end items for me. So they suit the website even more. Just my opinion and of course everyone has one. Doesn't mean that you're wrong of course. Just differing opinions. :)

My old beef is that the ads on the sides now scroll with the page. For some reason I just find this really distracting and annoying.

The one embedded in the center of the page, with the news articles, is the only one that annoyed me. The one that scrolls with me on the side bar I find amusing for some reason.

You have the think ads that people find annoying would attach a negative feeling towards the advertisement and the product defeating the purpose?

We are going to make the one week ads on the side of the page static.

Yes, please kill-off those side scrolling ads. I want this site to continue providing the great content that has kept me coming here daily for over 10 years now, and I understand the importance of the advertisements in making that happen, but those side scrolling ads suck major scrotum.

Yes, please kill-off those side scrolling ads. I want this site to continue providing the great content that has kept me coming here daily for over 10 years now, and I understand the importance of the advertisements in making that happen, but those side scrolling ads suck major scrotum.

We are going to make the one week ads on the side of the page static.

We are going to make those "stick" later today where they are viewable as you scroll, but do not do the "catch up" with the scroll.

In all honesty it was bugging me too and the last thing we want to do is give you guys a format that is a PITA to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back