WoW longon

Bliz fubared something up pretty bad with their new patch. I was able to play my alternate on Kilrogg for a bit around 3pm. But now everything is down. Mannoroth has been down for over 12 hours now. Their website says they found a new bug in the patch which is not letting people log on the realms, but I can't even get past authenticating. Another day of play down the drain...

I was just playing on a alt server sine mine was down. Then I saw mine was up so I switched, then got disconnected now I can't even log in..

Yeah, I couldnt get past authentication either:( The stupid ass bliz P2P shit wasnt working, so I subscribed to fileplanet to dl it so I can play when the servers are up. Tonight I'm pissed that the servers are down, but I'd rather them be down tonight rather then tommorow as I'm off tommorow, they better not be down tommorow. And I play on Mannoroth too. Lvl 16 Nightelf hunter. You? Oh well, hope they are up tommorow. This pisses me off though because I love this game so fucking much. :D

You weren't seriously expecting to play on patch day?

My server does not show up on list, I tried to create an alt on StormScale ... and it did not work ... Boo-urns

Was able to download the patch off a mirror site, but cant get past the auth. Boo :(

obs said:
You weren't seriously expecting to play on patch day?
It'd be nice. But, I'm not really gonna let it get me mad like it does some people. Because I know that there is no way in hell that any game works perfect on patch day. Hell, CoH glitched more on patch day for me then WoW ever has. Also, about the line to log into servers, I'd rather wait 5 minutes and have no lag, then get right in and lag to hell like EQ2(at least thats what I've heard, didnt mean to start a flame war) so bleh, whatever.

Kakyoin said:
Was able to download the patch off a mirror site, but cant get past the auth. Boo :(
What mirror site, flileplant is being a bandwidth whore(sorry double post) :(

Yeah, I remember horrible patch days in another mmo... Was playing CS:S with someone just now who can't get past authentication.

Same, it worked right when patch came out and played around 3pm est for about 15-20 min then it had horrid lag and I exited game to not be able to get back in :(

Realms are always touchy after the game is patched, I dunno why. I played several hours this evening, can't log in now. No biggy. Looks to be some nice new content and fixes with this patch, tho :p I'm actually glad that there was no honor system with this one, cause now I have time to hit 60 before the ganking begins :D

D1sc1pl3 0f Mal1c3 said:
Realms are always touchy after the game is patched, I dunno why. I played several hours this evening, can't log in now. No biggy. Looks to be some nice new content and fixes with this patch, tho :p I'm actually glad that there was no honor system with this one, cause now I have time to hit 60 before the ganking begins :D
Whats ganking?

I just got the retail version of the game, does anyone know if this patch 1.2.4 -> 1.3.0 is all that is required to update the game to be able to play it online? :p

Cryptic said:
Whats ganking?

Its supposed to mean gang killing, aka killing a person with a group of people.. however its mostly used as in any situation where you get killed by a higher level person, which obviously has an advantage over you..

a36steel said:
I just got the retail version of the game, does anyone know if this patch 1.2.4 -> 1.3.0 is all that is required to update the game to be able to play it online? :p

It depends what version of the game is on the CD you bought. There have been 2 or 3 patches since retail. Hell you can still use the open beta client and patch it up, I had to do this because I left my CDs at my parents house.

Cryptic said:
Whats ganking?

Killing other players. Ganking is usually used to describe killing lots of lower level guys for fun though, and I want to be lvl 60 so I can square off with other higher people for honor points.

D1sc1pl3 0f Mal1c3 said:
Killing other players. Ganking is usually used to describe killing lots of lower level guys for fun though, and I want to be lvl 60 so I can square off with other higher people for honor points.
How do you fight higher lvl people if you're lvl 60? j/k... bad joke.

Anyway, seems to me like you'd actually have LESS options of people to fight for honorable kills at level 60. Anyone lower than 55 would be dishonorable.

Seems like in this situation lvl 55 would be optimal because you could fight lvl 50 through 60 and build up your points, although granted fighting lvl 59-60s would be a tough fight in this case.

On topic: Does anyone have an update on the server login and lag issues yet? I can't play too well with 3500ms ping like I was getting after the patch yesterday. :( (I normally hover around 130-190ms on my server.

Actually in eq2 there isn't really that much lag...I play both so i know...hehe Both games love their patches tho :)

Back