WoW is down, now what do I do?

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
I had been reading That Blizzard really screwed up this time, They made a mistake that allowed anyone to make a charactor with any name they chose, even if it was already in use on that server. So I guess now they are trying to fix it. I have had very little problems with server downtime and waiting lines up untill now. I cant really complain, at least they give us a few extra days on our account to make up for the lost playing time, theres not much else they can do to keep us happy. I am not upset with them for the problems, I am sure they are in over there heads with this game as they were unprepaired for its popularity. my gaming Experience has been more than enjoyable, especially compaired to Star Wars Galaxies, I dont remember ever getting anything for my lost playing time when there servers were down and the game was not as enjoyable to play.
Only real problem I have now is what do I do while the servers are down?

I was going to join Arthas, but it's down. So then I went to another, and found out that the wireless networks in my area are fubared tonight. So when I finally get the game, two problems have conspired against me :/

Oh well, I've researched anisotropic and isotropic filtering(although I lost a site that had some equations used, which was interesting). I'd suggest researching something, maybe related to your class or other classes. This way you should be more prepared for pvp or pve when you get in the game again.

Did they give an expected time for the fix? Logging on to worldofwarcraft to check the server status is a painfully slow experience. I cant complain much either, Uldum the realm Im on has been pretty solid from day one. I want to get back on soon though, as I am turning level 50! Time to upgrade my mount to a RAM ;)

abudhu said:
Go outside...talk to people.

I am talking with you all :D

before I got into MMORPGs I use to play alot of FPS games, but now those games just aren't as fun as they use to be. I recently bought a Traxxas Revo , however the race season dont start till next week and It is torn all apart on my workbench for upgrades which should be in soon, so I can't go out and scare the crap out of the local pet, rabbit, and squirrel populations. Can't wait to start racing.

AARRGGHH its funny that the start up screen for WoW says to look in the general forums for more info, but I can't get into those either! its seems odd to me that everytime the servers are down so is there web site, it may be just the rush of everyone trying to find out more info bringing there servers down but it is a real downer no matter the reason!

Its time like this I am glad I only played WoW for one month and then College work caught up with me. I paid for 6 months, and I've only played my first month free! Haha. Soon as April starts that will mark 1 month I paid for and didn't play it once.

lol I joined a server and made a lvl 1 orc and we had a huge lvl 1 raid and made it all the way to SW. We corpse hopped till 5 of us finally made it to the king :D

XBLiNKX said:
lol I joined a server and made a lvl 1 orc and we had a huge lvl 1 raid and made it all the way to SW. We corpse hopped till 5 of us finally made it to the king :D
Sounds fun, but all the server I looked into joining have huge Cues, some are over 500 and more!

how long are the servers supposed to be down? Its hard to get any info from blizz's site and forums cause they are running at a crawl if at all.

Not all the servers are down though, so will EVERY server be up at that time or are they doing a rotation?

shadowbreaker513 said:
I'm in the same dilemma. Think I'm probably going to take a shower and watch House.

OT...HOUSE = best show ever. I didn't know Omar Epps was the black guy until tonight. I'm a fan of his movies, but have only seen a few. I thought he looked familiar.

I thought the fat lady was pretty hilarious in tonight's episode.

You guys rock!!!! You like WoW, are bored as shit because of the downtime, and watch House. I love you all!! House is a great show, I watch it every week. On WoW, I play on Blackhand... 8AM PST is when it's supposed to be up now, eh? That's like an hour or two after I get up. This will be like, I think, a 24hour downtime... I really have wasted all today waiting to play. :(

ughhh today is my day off.. i was planing on relaxing playing some wow and watching some tv.... hmm im bored out of my mind and seeing as how i just moved here i dont know anyone to go out and do anything... :mad:

ooo blizzard extended us by 2 days... woooooppeeee :rolleyes:

Damn you all and your WoW accounts.

I wish I could play, anybody got an extra invite? Pretty plz *does puppy dog eyes*

Diablo2K said:
Only real problem I have now is what do I do while the servers are down?

Well for starters
I tried all the classes i havent tried yet and got 3 of them up to lvl 7 (~1 hour per character)
:eek:

And if they dont get my realm up soon im gonna go nuts :p

Play another game? lol. And I agree, "House" rocks.

Dr: ...blah blah the dumb patient
House: They're all du....oh you mean the one who can't talk!

Brilliant :)

just get a life... u know make some friends that live nearby... it's spring break man... party

I got on for about 15 minutes yesterday. I hate having my day off school be patch day and then not being able to play at night because they screwed something up :(

I popped some wind waker into the gamecube. Good times, good times.....

Yesterday when I finally finished running errands, I logged in to stormscale .... and just as I did I see 2:00 until server shut down. =(

Its funny how Neither Stormscale nor Eonar are on the list for a days extension ... yet both of these servers were down.

Yesterday I just created a Gnome Rogue on Nazereim (SP?) made my way to the auction house and danced for copper.

bonkrowave said:
Yesterday when I finally finished running errands, I logged in to stormscale .... and just as I did I see 2:00 until server shut down. =(
0wn3d!

bonkrowave said:

Its funny how Neither Stormscale nor Eonar are on the list for a days extension ... yet both of these servers were down.

Yesterday I just created a Gnome Rogue on Nazereim (SP?) made my way to the auction house and danced for copper.

You just have no luck Bonko. I think I am finally seeing where your viewpoint is coming from.

-treP

Trepidati0n said:
You just have no luck Bonko. I think I am finally seeing where your viewpoint is coming from.

-treP

And whats even worse .... I just tried to logon to Eonar where my 54 hunter is ... guess what hes gone ... not there. So I go to the Blizzard site and it seams that if someone created a character with the same name then deleted that character ... all characters with that name were deleted.

/cry

bonkrowave said:
And whats even worse .... I just tried to logon to Eonar where my 54 hunter is ... guess what hes gone ... not there. So I go to the Blizzard site and it seams that if someone created a character with the same name then deleted that character ... all characters with that name were deleted.

/cry

I think we need to find you a goat to sacrifice...

I was just reading the wow forums about a group of people that joined an RP server and created a guild called ... our server is down.

Then there was another guild that did the same, on a different server, and named their guild "knights of the down"

Gotta love Tuesday downtime.

I love going to the official forums and reading after a big downtime. It's like going to the zoo and watching the monkeys after they've been poked with sticks for 2 hours.

Bane said:
I love going to the official forums and reading after a big downtime. It's like going to the zoo and watching the monkeys after they've been poked with sticks for 2 hours.

Except better, because you dont have feces throw at you.

Back