wow intel extream graphics

mode87

n00b
i wanted to get into world or warcraft but am unsure if my computer will be able to handle it mainly my graphics card. i currently have a intel extreame graphics 82845g, 2.8ghz celeron processor and 512mb of ram which is shared with the graphics thanks

Yeah you can definitely play WoW with that I know from personal experience. If you are looking to have the best settings don't count on it. :p

I recently upgraded the ram on a customer machine so he could play WOW. He was using the 915 intergrated graphics and it seemed to play decent.

thats pretty surprising... If you have an LCD monitor and want to play at native resolution (1024x768, 1280x1024), It will be hard to keep a good frame rate in Ironforge (If you aren't horde ;p).

It would help alot if you get a new graphics card for around $60 bucks. It's worth the money for the framerate.

a friend of mine got a radeon 9250 (i think) and it's been working out fine for him in his mini-itx machine with a via c3 chip.

Clowning said:
It would help alot if you get a new graphics card for around $60 bucks. It's worth the money for the framerate.
Yeah, but that celeron and 512mb of RAM would bottleneck anything IMO.

sgi02 said:
I recently upgraded the ram on a customer machine so he could play WOW. He was using the 915 intergrated graphics and it seemed to play decent.

Yeah that would be GMA 900, which destroys the "extreme graphics", even though it does run on it, its pretty bad. GMA 900 is awesome, it actually runs hl2, very low fps tho.

thanks for your advice i will probably just wait for dark and light to come out and build a computer myself. thanks again ;)

Back