• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WoW Headset questions

roaf85

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Messages
2,766
I know I probably should post on the Creative forums, but just registering to post one question grinds my gears. So if you have the WoW headset (wired and wireless) I have a few questions below.

http://us.store.creative.com/Sound-Blaster-World-Of-Warcraft-Wireless/M/B002L6GCP8.htm

Questions:

1. Do you have to repair the wireless headset every time you resume the computer from hibernation/sleep or at Windows start up?

2. Anyone getting the "squealing" issue in Vent/Skype that is all the rage on the Creative forums, or does the latest firmware take care of the issue?

3. Can you adjust volume independently in Windows 7 with this headset being USB? For instance lets say I want to listen to some music and chat it up at the same time. Could I adjust the Skype or Vent volume using the application volume control in Windows to adjust the Skype/Vent or does this not work with the headset?

4. Does the headset form a complete seal around the ears? Meaning it will block out all other noises?

Thanks to anyone who owns this headset and can answer these questions. Looking at the wireless version.
 
The new audio stack in Windows Vista and Windows 7 does offer individual volumes for each audio stream. So yes, you can control the volume for each one.

I had absolutely no squealing in Vent using this headset.

Lastly, You can hear very little if anything of what is going on outside of the headset. They dont form a seal per se', but they do block out or muffle external sounds. If causes you to raise your own voice to make sure you can be heard.

Cheers,
Earl Keim
HardOCP reviewer for the WoW Wireless headset and the Psyko 5.1 headset
 
Last edited:
The new audio stack in Windows Vista and Windows 7 does offer individual volumes for each audio stream. So yes, you can control the volume for each one.

I had absolutely no squealing in Vent using this headset.

Lastly, You can hear very little if anything of what is going on outside of the headset. They dont form a seal per se', but they do block out or muffle external sounds. If causes you to raise your own voice to make sure you can be heard.

Cheers,
Earl Keim
HardOCP reviewer for the WoW Wireless headset and the Psyko 5.1 headset

Thanks Earl, did you have to repair the headset when you restarted your computer?
 
No I had no problems with them upon rebooting several times.

I disconnected the receiver to plug in my flash drive but I resynced them in seconds.

Earl Keim
 
Back
Top