WoW funeral attenders slaughtered

Status
Not open for further replies.
What great friends he had! They didn't even fend off the attack. :p Oh well, it's just a game.

i've never played wow, so i don't understand how a few characters can decimate so many.

so_cal_forever said:
Wow, what a rotten bunch of bastards. I'm half convinced to come to one of their funerals and crap on their gravesite.

One of the several reasons why I just don't play MMORPG's. There are just too many of those types of people, especially when you are paying as much as you are to play these games. I remember long time ago when Diablo was the big thing online, how these same types of people would do things like cheat, player kill, and even utilize a hack that allowed them to kill in a town. You can't get lower than this, and it was NOT funny.

Erasmus354 said:
I think actually you are missing the point. WoW is *not* real. Comparing this to someone trashing a real funeral is like comparing me killing innocent people in a game of Fable to me going on a killing spree in real life. When you get awp'ed in CS you dont immediately retort "Oh yeah, well how would you like it if John Lee Malvo shot your brother in the head!" (One of the D.C. Snipers for those that dont know).

You cant compare virtual life to real life. Some people need to take a step back and actually realize the disconnect between the two worlds. The fact that some people cant is exactly why psychologists are worried about the effect the internet is having on our society.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean bad or wrong. And the internet is not the big threat to our society. It's people who have no respect for other people that are the threat... Who cares if you don't like what they were doing? The bottom line is they cared and other people did their best to try and ruin their experience. What if you were at the theater watching a play and someone got on stage and started running around completely ruining your experience? You'd be a bit upset wouldn't you? But a play isn't real life, why should it matter?

As disrespectful as that was, it was funny as hell. In a game like WoW, it almost seems appropriate, in a cynical kinda way. I can understand if some (or all) of the mourners are upset, but I like to think that if the deceased saw it, she would have smiled. A true WoW-style event.

Im curious to know how (he or she) died (who they were having a funeral for)

xD

Also confused on why they would stand in a line like that.

Funny how some of them scattered.

Ok so I'm not a WOW player, so can someone explain this to me? So they were having a funeral for someone in the game of a player who actually died in real life? Is that correct?

Also yes, why were they standing in a line?

[BB] Rick James said:
Ok so I'm not a WOW player, so can someone explain this to me? So they were having a funeral for someone in the game of a player who actually died in real life? Is that correct?

Also yes, why were they standing in a line?

You are correct, and they were standing in line to give their respects to I'm assuming a family member of the deceased.

Yes they were trying to mix real-life with an online game and hold a funeral in the game.

Two more reasons why I hate rpgs, thanks WoW.

inotocracy said:
You are correct, and they were standing in line to give their respects to I'm assuming a family member of the deceased.

Wow that's just horrible. How can anyone in this forum say that's funny? That's not funny at all. Yes it's a game, but they are paying respects to a real live person and it sounds like this is the way he wanted it to be.

Some people just don't understand that this was obviously this person's life. Assuming possibly this person had a terminal disease and WoW was his escape. Sad.... Very, very sad.

[BB] Rick James said:
Wow that's just horrible. How can anyone in this forum say that's funny?
you obviously don't use this forum enough do you? lol

Are you people insane?!

What kind of stupid nerds would have an in-game funeral.
If I died, and my clan had a funeral, I'd rise from the dead and slap them with my cold rotting green hands!

It's a DISGRACE to have an in-game funeral. The clan members should be stigmatized with a burning iron for doing a "sincere in-game funeral"
This isn't the matrix, where Video games are sensed like reality. This is a pos VIDEO GAME

Serenity took the IN-GAME opportunity to make some extra points, Boo-hoo

IT'S JUST A FUCKING VIDEO GAME!! YOU MORONS!!!

kohan69 said:
Are you people insane?!

If I died, and my clan had a funeral, I'd rise from the dead and slap them with my cold rotting green hands!

It's a DISGRACE to have an in-game funeral.
This isn't the matrix, where Video games are sensed like reality. This is a pos VIDEO GAME

IT'S JUST A GAME!! YOU MORONS!!!
lol.

I play wow, I’m not that serious about it. But his family and friends of that dude are willing to make a funeral for him and someone crashes it?

My god. What is wrong with those people. grieving people, do whatever they do to make themselves feel better, and it turns to shit.

You guys just don’t get it huh.

markt435 said:
you obviously don't use this forum enough do you? lol

Well markt435 I do, but I thought maybe people would have some compasion for other people's lives, obviously I was wrong.

MrWizard6600 said:
i play wow. im not that serios about it. but if family and friends of one dude are willing to make a funeral of where he died. and those people get killed....

my god. what is wrong with those people. grieving people, do whatever they do to make themselves feel better. and it turns to shit.

you guys just dont get it huh.

dont laugh.

needs. mo.re. 3rd grade. english. dude.

[BB] Rick James said:
Well markt435 I do, but I thought maybe people would have some compasion for other people's lives, obviously I was wrong.

A video game is the LAST place to express compassion.
What's next?! Marching in Battlefield2 on Veteran's day??!

guess i need to quote myself then....

markt435 said:
Asking for respect on the intarweb is like asking a chimp to speak german. Its just not gonna happen.

kohan69 said:
Are you people insane?!

It's a DISGRACE to have an in-game funeral. The clan members should be stigmatized with a burning iron for doing a "sincere in-game funeral"

So if this happened in real life at a funeral then what? Would you answer be different? If so then you’re a hypocrite. There really is no difference whether this happened online or if it happened in real life, either way your still discracing the people in mourning. Obviously people who played the game and got to know this player were close to him and realized the life that was lost. Since they couldn't make the funeral in person they did the next best thing, they tried to show their peace in a place where they all could get together and mourn the loss of a life.

kohan69 said:
A video game is the LAST place to express compassion.
What's next?! Marching in Battlefield2 on Veteran's day??!

Maybe, why not. People re-enact the Civil War all the time in real life. They have solutes and everything. So why is cyber place the "wrong" place to mourn lives that are lost?

[BB] Rick James said:
Maybe, why not. People re-enact the Civil War all the time in real life. They have solutes and everything. So why is cyber place the "wrong" place to mourn lives that are lost?

1- Because it was made to have fun and kill each other.
2- While the "marines" are marching, the other team would see it "idiots, let's kill them" (and they should, since it's the objective of the game) and initiate an artilery strike on the "marchers".
It has nothing to do with the real Veterans.

[BB] Rick James said:
There really is no difference whether this happened online or if it happened in real life.

I have nothing more to say. Your idiocy made me speechless.

I attened a mass funeral in Dark Age of Camelot years ago up in the higlands. People from all three realms attendted this guys funeral, he was well known and liked. It was amazing, literally hundreds of people in once spot up in the mountains where the sister of the deceased spoke to use about his life and how much DAOC meant to him.

I was trying to play that game back on a 56k modem, the lag was absolutely insane, I've got screenshots of it somewhere, it was absolutely massive and totally in dedication to the guy, no one dared start a fight.

After the funeral, it was 2 hours of play fighting and talking, it was awesome. Never seen anything like it

kohan69 said:
I have nothing more to say. Your idiocy made me speechless.

Why not? Explain. Why is what I'm saying idiocy? These people were mourning the loss of a life the best way they knew how with the resources at their hands.

So when natural disasters strike it's ok for me to scam others saying I'm collecting money to help the cause?

kohan69 said:
Are you people insane?!

lol

Starfox said:
needs. mo.re. 3rd grade. english. dude.

lol im tired. and i was thinking. and i like to type like this. ok. tell ya what. ill edit it! just for you. hows that. sound?.

In game funerals are quiet common really.. :/

They are also the perfect time to target your enemies, its much diff on games where you lose loot and equipment from death the PK.

and yes, I'm cold hearted.. I've done such a thing as this, but the other clans agreed we was in an all out war and didn't call a truce for that day.

kohan69 said:
Are you people insane?!

your right dude. just a game.

ever heard of the CPL? people make there livings of that game. some people even cry when they luse. why? Shaguar. hes a dude on team 3d, millions know about him. CPL = fame.

how bout the stanly cup, or the super bowl. just games? yet if you've ever watched a game of hockey, when someone scores, their faces light up.

have you ever done something like that? gone to something where your family, your friends are watching you, and you play pro? would that bring you to tears? no? how bout 150 million people, watching you.

CAL? same thing. millions play it. who are you to judge how they feel about it?

do i think a funeral in wow is sorta strange. yes. do i understand why they did it? yes.

what that guild did.... is dispicable.

I followed links this afternoon and read several threads on several different forums, and was shocked by what I saw. Comments like "she got what she deserved," "even in death she sucks at WOW," and "thanks to (deceased) for 20 easy honor points." Many will argue that this is just a game and that the mourners were taking said game too seriously. But I beleive the opposite - anyone who could say such things about the real-life loss of a freind just to "talk smack" has a much harder time seperating fantasy from reality.

kleptik said:
I followed links this afternoon and read several threads on several different forums, and was shocked by what I saw. Comments like "she got what she deserved," "even in death she sucks at WOW," and "thanks to (deceased) for 20 easy honor points." Many will argue that this is just a game and that the mourners were taking said game too seriously. But I beleive the opposite - anyone who could say such things about the real-life loss of a freind just to "talk smack" has a much harder time seperating fantasy from reality.

It's scary to think where society is heading. I'll bet most of the level headed comments were made by those 25 years of age and older. It's scary thinking that some day these kids will be taking care of us, in a manner of speaking.

WoW ToS said:
WoW TOS

Section 3

C. Rules Related to Game Play

Game play is what World of Warcraft is all about. Accordingly, the rules that govern game play in World of Warcraft are taken very seriously by Blizzard Entertainment. Note that Blizzard Entertainment considers all valid play styles in World of Warcraft to be part of the game, and not harassment, so player-killing the enemies of your race and/or alliance, including gravestone and/or corpse camping, is considered a part of the game. Because World of Warcraft is a "player vs. player" game, you should always remember to protect yourself in areas where the members of hostile races can attack you, rather than contacting Blizzard Entertainment's in-game customer service representatives, referred to herein as "Game Masters," for help when you have been killed by an enemy of your race. Nonetheless, certain acts go beyond what is "fair" and are considered serious violations of these Terms of Use. Those acts include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:

(i) Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players.

(ii) Connecting, or creating tools that allow you to connect, to World of Warcraft's proprietary interface or interfaces, other than those explicitly provided by Blizzard Entertainment for your use.

(iii) Using tools that hack or otherwise alter the World of Warcraft client or server software.

(iv) Using software products that "packet sniff" or provide scripting and/or macroing to obtain information from World of Warcraft.

(v) Anything that Blizzard Entertainment considers contrary to the "essence" of World of Warcraft.

Although people may not agree with or like SN for doing what they did, it wasn't wrong. Every single player that creates an account for WoW must agree to the ToS. And there is no special clause in the ToS for players in regards to funerals and mournings (especially in a PvP area).

Those players had a right to have a funeral. Just as much as SN had a right to attack them. Even though there was an announcement beforehand, that does not negate any or all parts of the ToS which SN adhered to.

DejaWiz said:

Although people may not agree with or like SN for doing what they did, it wasn't wrong. Every single player that creates an account for WoW must agree to the ToS. And there is no special clause in the ToS for players in regards to funerals and mournings (especially in a PvP area).

Those players had a right to have a funeral. Just as much as SN had a right to attack them. Even though there was an announcement beforehand, that does not negate any or all parts of the ToS which SN adhered to.

Thank you, mmorpg attorney :)

i give thanks to all those who are with me, on the thought that this is just a game. I applaud you!

funny? i didn't really seeit as zomg that's funnah.

it's a video game, a pvp video game no less. there's so many better ways to pay your respects for some one than using your computer generated image to join other computer avatars to pay respect to someone you've never met nor hardly really got to know.

[BB] Rick James said:
So if this happened in real life at a funeral then what? Would you answer be different? If so then you’re a hypocrite. There really is no difference whether this happened online or if it happened in real life, either way your still discracing the people in mourning. Obviously people who played the game and got to know this player were close to him and realized the life that was lost. Since they couldn't make the funeral in person they did the next best thing, they tried to show their peace in a place where they all could get together and mourn the loss of a life.
Real life funerals are not a PvP game. WoW is.

DejaWiz said:
Although people may not agree with or like SN for doing what they did, it wasn't wrong.
It was wrong, it just wasn't against the rules. Just like Phelps and his group, what they're doing is wrong, but it's not against the law (yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back