WoW closed Beta done.....

Wrench

[H]F Junkie
So I'm hoping this means open beta might be next week or the following.
Any [H]'er's want to group together in this. Figure we can get organized now to try and help each other once beta starts.

I know it's beta for a reason and I do plan on helping find/report bugs. I also want to have some fun. Anyone want to meet up once were in?

ya im excited...im gonna go orc rogue, hopefully they release the server names before it launchs so people can plan where to meet.

Blizz sent emails to all it's closed beta testers saying they would be running another stress test in the comming days. It makes alot of sense from a marketing stand point for Blizz to run the open beta the same week EQ2 comes out.

ya im excited...im gonna go orc rogue, hopefully they release the server names before it launchs so people can plan where to meet.

Blizzard has said they would have localized servers and you would NOT get to choose what server to play on. Possibly the only thing i dont like about WoW.

Otherwise its a great game :) .

Launching the stress test right during the EQ2 retail makes perfect sense. I could see this coming.

I'd like to join up for a group - maybe we can form a [H] Guild or something? I plan on going Horde, maybe Tauren mage, but there are so many I want to play as - warrior, hunter, etc....

I would not mind forming a group, but I might go the paladin or human mage one.

DiscoStu said:
Blizzard has said they would have localized servers and you would NOT get to choose what server to play on. Possibly the only thing i dont like about WoW.

Otherwise its a great game :) .

your almost right. you CAN choose which server you play on but ya if you live in the west you cant choose an eastern server...if half of us live in the west...other half in the east it sounds like we wont be able to play together.

[*****]sc4rf4c3 said:
your almost right. you CAN choose which server you play on but ya if you live in the west you cant choose an eastern server...if half of us live in the west...other half in the east it sounds like we wont be able to play together.

Has there been an official statement saying this is definitely the case? I am on the East Coast and you are telling me I can't group on a server with a friend from Cali?

End of Closed Beta Test - Nebu on 10/28/04
The closed beta test is coming to an end. This Friday, October 29, at 3:00 PM PDT, the closed beta servers will go offline as we prepare to run another stress test. All active closed-beta accounts will remain active, and closed-beta testers will be receiving an email with instructions on what to do to continue playing in the stress test.

We will post more information about the stress test in the days ahead, so please stay tuned to WorldofWarcraft.com.

We also want to take this opportunity to thank the closed beta testers for their months of dedicated testing and hard work. Thanks to all of your suggestions and bug reports, World of Warcraft is closer than ever to being ready for launch!

I almost cried (okay, not really) whenI got that in an email. It's been such an awesome game to play for free for all these months; it's sad that it's coming to an end. They've definitely earned a customer in me.

Crazy thought of blizzard MANAGEMENT:

"You can play on the server WE tell you for $XXX per month or you can pay us more or flat fee to play on the server YOU want".

Keep the loads balanced and charge more for those that shift that balance.

FFXI works that why but the way they charge u is you have to buy a world pass in the game which is a couple thousand but its in game

I seriously don't understand where your notion of regional servers and restricted access comes from. I have been in beta awhile, and will tell you what they mean.

If you live in North America, you will only be able to play on North American servers. It will not matter if you live east or west coast or canada ect.

If you live in Europe, you will only be able to play on European servers.

Now, this makes much more sense doesn't it?

If you doubt me, go post on the blizzard forums and get a similiar answer. I am so sick and tired of people not in the beta talking about stuff in the beta like they have experience.

/Not flaming, merely educating.

Warmonkey said:
I seriously don't understand where your notion of regional servers and restricted access comes from. I have been in beta awhile, and will tell you what they mean.

If you live in North America, you will only be able to play on North American servers. It will not matter if you live east or west coast or canada ect.

If you doubt me, go post on the blizzard forums and get a similiar answer. I am so sick and tired of people not in the beta talking about stuff in the beta like they have experience.

Ahh if this is the case forgive me, I must have mis interpreted blizzard's post ... though i see them having load balancing issues if there is no system in place ... I was under the impression they would restrict it via timezones ...

Regardless, It's still a great game. Blizzard has done a good job catering to the hardcore and the casual gamer alike.

No worries mate.

I believe it is speculated that the servers have population caps around 2,500-3,000 people.

Warmonkey said:
No worries mate.

I believe it is speculated that the servers have population caps around 2,500-3,000 people.

hmm interesting ... the last push of the beta saw about 10,000 new testers ... i wonder how hard they pushed the beta servers then ... it was pretty lag free for most of the testing for me ...

Those are retail caps, but again, it was mere speculation.

The point of a stress test is to stress those servers, so they wanted to push them to the max. Ideally, having the servers run well below max ensures a smooth experience for all.

Warmonkey said:

ya sorry i didnt really think about it....thanks for explaining it better :D

I was in the stress test a few months ago - I'd like to join up if I get invited for the open beta (which I assume many will).

Back