WoW beta = Vaporware

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonkrowave

2[H]4U
Well it has now been two weeks since blizzard announced that the open beta for world of warcraft was on the horizon. They write "look for more details in the comming days" Now to me days means exactly what it says ... days.

See we have different words for different periods of time. 7 days = 1 week approx 4 weeks = 1 month 12 months = 1 year 10 years = decade 100 years = 1 century and so on. Since there has been no announcment or details of any kind. I can only assume WoW beta is in fact vaporware (should start a www.whereiswow.com) or the people at blizzard need more practice with determining periods of time.

You can slag on any other company (ie - Valve) all you want EXCEPT Blizzard. They were kind enough to give a whole lot of people a taste of the stress test, and they certainly don't have to release an open beta.

I realize this ... I was in the stress test.

WoW is worse then crack .. its starts off free (well not really ... damn fileplanet)
then you lose your dealer (blizzard) and they tell you to wait till release
then when you finally see your dealer again (official release) they up the cost

Damn it .... its so bad .... but soooo so good

:)

bonkrowave said:
I realize this ... I was in the stress test.

WoW is worse then crack .. its starts off free (well not really ... damn fileplanet)
then you lose your dealer (blizzard) and they tell you to wait till release
then when you finally see your dealer again (official release) they up the cost

Damn it .... its so bad .... but soooo so good

:)

Heh, good analogy.

ya its very addictive.

So ya like the game, right? then why are you bashing the release of open beta?

its not like they missed the date they set cause they never said exactly when.
I do know that they were going to push 2 patches BEFORE open beta. They did one patch already.

So when you see the next patch happen we will all get our next fix.

I played in the stress test and I too was blown away. I cant wait for open beta but I am not gonna bash Blizzard for giving me a free taste of something great.

WoW= my future life. I will fail out of college as soon as i buy this game........oh well.

given Blizzard's record with quality , they can pretty much do whatever they want. which sucks but its usually for the better.

I would rather Blizz take their time and release something of quality than just rush it out the door because some people are impatient. I realy like what I played in the stress test and hope to get into the open beta. But you will not see me ripping my hair out over the wait. So sit back and chill, the open beta will be here before you know it.

I dont want to bash WoW .... im just going through withdrawel...
I need my WoW ..

I went horde troll warrior in the stress test .... it was alright but I am hearing that the alliance has a much more pollished land. Warrior was alright .... duel weild was nice... so was getting the weapon talent.

I think I may go alliance hunter ...... that way im not the tank .... my stupid pet is the tank :) Plus Im gonna pull my .45 on all the horde trolls.

The most amazing part was in the last days of the stres test ... blizz send npc raids to the crossroads.... its much better when NPCs activley fight back

Anyone in the stress test why dont you post some character information ... and if you plan on changing sides . races ... and why

I can't wait till blizzard releases ...crap..I think it's called Ghost (based off of the stealth troops from starcraft)

3D shooter in the hands of blizzard...very interesting

Netrat33 said:
I can't wait till blizzard releases ...crap..I think it's called Ghost (based off of the stealth troops from starcraft)

And am I frustrated that I'll never be able to play it (at home)? [1]
I mean, it looks interesting, it's in my favorite Blizzard universe, and all, but ... console only? As a follow-up, of sorts, to a computer-only game? Someone probably thinks this is a good idea, and I want some words in private with that guy.

[1] I have one gaming system, and it's not a console. This is not likely to change in the future.

when it comes out, ill buy it
until then, id prefer they polish it and perfect it, and blizzard is known to do
and release good quality software
instead of the usual shit that needs to be patched 2 times before its playable

take all the time you need, Blizzard

oh yeah, i was in the stress test too...damn its addicting

Netrat33 said:

Blizzard is only publishing SC:Ghost. Swinging Ape Studios is the current developer of the title after Blizzard took development away from another house. I forget which one exactly but I THINK it was monolith. If you really want to know I can look it up in a previous issue of game developer.

And on topic, once WoW comes out I am going to play a Horde Orc Shaman on a PvP server.

Man, I am dying for the open beta to come out, but it will be a moot point after this weekend. I had school off all week this week, and once it starts up again, I will have zero time to play ANYTHING. I was really counting on Blizzard to give me a fix for my break, but oh no, they had to tempt me, and then let my whole week roll by with no WoW :mad:

I would normally side with the argument "Take your time and make it good," but in this case, if they take their time, I get nothing at all!!

...rage. :fury:

I'm sure once High School is finished, they'll have a whole bunch of updates, so the game will be perfect, and waiting for me in June... :(

bonkrowave said:
Well it has now been two weeks since blizzard announced that the open beta for world of warcraft was on the horizon. They write "look for more details in the comming days" Now to me days means exactly what it says ... days.

See we have different words for different periods of time. 7 days = 1 week approx 4 weeks = 1 month 12 months = 1 year 10 years = decade 100 years = 1 century and so on. Since there has been no announcment or details of any kind. I can only assume WoW beta is in fact vaporware (should start a www.whereiswow.com) or the people at blizzard need more practice with determining periods of time.
I don't know how you can call WoW "vaporware" if it actually exists and people have actually played WoW.

i can't believe he's whining about why it isn't out yet, unless he's a programmer and he's helping them program he has no place to talk.

better slow and a better product, than out now and shitty.

Blizzard be passin out chickens like Nino Brown baby!

Since this turned into a crack discussion, I figured a little New Jack City reference was fitting.

some of you guys really need to switch to decaf

like common why dont you read the whole post before flying of the handle. You would have been able to deduce some key points

1) I was in the stress test
2) I like the game very much
3) I am very fond of all games blizzard has made

So before you open your mouth and remove all question of your ignorance ... enlighten yourself and try and use that thing rattlin around inside your skull.

Assheads

OT:

Starcraft: Ghost was delayed indefinately quite some time ago.

They lie consistently about this shit and people trot out to defend them. One of the reasons it never changes.

bjork said:
i've played it. it's real.
I'm not disputing that. I just wish these folks would get their act together with these false dates. Why not ever err on the conservative side than the optimistic horse manure we get saddled with instead. When I pay out as much cash as I do for this stuff. I'd love it if someone was straight with me.

bonkrowave said:
So before you open your mouth and remove all question of your ignorance ... enlighten yourself and try and use that thing rattlin around inside your skull.

Assheads
Locked for flaming.

bonkrowave, you've been warned several times now. If I see one more flame out of you, I'm going to send you on an all-expense paid vacation from your posting privileges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back