• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WoW Beta offline after today :(

RoyLuv

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
361
They are taking the beta servers offline and wiping ALL beta characters and accounts. I expected this and think it's best for the retail community, but I'm still a little saddened to see my character go :(

I wish they could have at least had an option to keep the character and the name and then start them at zero like all the retail newbies. But hey, that probably wouldn't be the easiest thing to do. The less bugs that come in retail the better. And if they wipe for the retail release, they'll probably have a better grip on things since they'll have all new code for newb and vets.

Anyways... Now it's time for HL2 till the 23rd, see you guys in the greatest MMORPG ever created :D
 
I just wish I had been able to get into the open beta as I've never been a big MMORPG fan, but I really enjoy Blizzard's games and am a huge WC3 fan. Does anyone have any idea if there'll be any sort of demo released? I seriously doubt I'll buy it if I can't play it in advance.
 
Dijonase said:
I just wish I had been able to get into the open beta as I've never been a big MMORPG fan, but I really enjoy Blizzard's games and am a huge WC3 fan. Does anyone have any idea if there'll be any sort of demo released? I seriously doubt I'll buy it if I can't play it in advance.
You got a PM. I hope you get it in time.....I wont be playing tonight. If you get the info soon I hope you enjoy what time is left.
 
You guys see the changes in the latest patch? I'm thinking some of these should resolve issues that people were doing a ton of bitching about... Specifically:

Warrior

Defensive Stance has been improved to hold aggro more effectively.
Taunt: removed rage cost and global cooldown.

I guess war's will hold aggro a lot better now. Still, high level tanking doesn't sound all that fun to me, but at least groups won't be sol in high level instances if you've got somebody doing that for you.

Paladin

Judgment: Moved to level 4.
Divine Protection: Moved to level 6.
Purify: Moved to level 8.
Seal of the Crusader: Now introduced at level 6.

I like the paladin class. These changes seem okay to me. On retail, that's probably what I'll start and will be my main char.

Bug Fixes

Night Elf characters in Wisp form will now have correct collision detection.
Damage modifiers will now be calculated before armor points are considered, instead of after.

I'm glad they're fixing the damage modifier. I noticed that bug and thought it was awefully weird...

Durability

Item durability costs have been greatly decreased for Superior (blue) and Epic (purple) items.

Yeah! Now I just need to get some blue and purple items.. :) Seriously, I thought that was going to be a huge money sink, but it looks like the balance is a bit better, and high lvl players won't be going broke all the time.

Spirit Healer

Using the Spirit Healer now results in a 25% loss in durability for a player's equipped gear and items in inventory, instead of the previous 100% loss. The length of resurrection sickness suffered from using the Spirit Healer has also been decreased to a maximum of 10 minutes.

That's good news also. People went nuts with the 100% loss. 25% seems fair to me to avoid a really long corpse run. Still, a corpse run is kind of a dumb idea. They really should come up with something new.

All in all, I think these changes will make the game a lot better on retail. I'm looking forward to it..
 
I think this is for the best... For the community, and me. Luckly enough I haven't had much work during the stress test and open beta period... but it looks like I've been putting stuff off too long :p
 
never played an MMORPG before this. i tried it and loved it - played to level 12 undead mage. i'll be sad to see her go, but i will get the game when it is released.
 
man i really want to try this game... how much is it to buy and do you get some free time with it? i just dont like monthyl fees... is there ilke an option for paying a full year and thats it?

-warsaw
 
warsawtag said:
man i really want to try this game... how much is it to buy and do you get some free time with it? i just dont like monthyl fees... is there ilke an option for paying a full year and thats it?

-warsaw

You get one month free with CE and regular editions. I believe the price is around $50.00 for the regular. Of course the monthly fee is $15.00 a month also you can get game cards at stores not too sure how much this will be and for how many months.
 
warsawtag said:
man i really want to try this game... how much is it to buy and do you get some free time with it? i just dont like monthyl fees... is there ilke an option for paying a full year and thats it?

-warsaw

The CE edition is $79.99 along with a free month. Reg edition is $49.99 don't think it comes with free month (although it might). I think they have a plan where you can pay 6 months (or maybe it was 12) for an average of $12.99/month. A regular month would be $14.99.

It was so much fun last night on test server 4 - each side had massive pvp assaults on each other. I was in a few raids where our group totaled 100-150 people (managed to crash the server 3-4 times). Can't wait until release!
 
It was so much fun last night on test server 4 - each side had massive pvp assaults on each other. I was in a few raids where our group totaled 100-150 people (managed to crash the server 3-4 times). Can't wait until release!

I was in one of these too, it was awesome, the gurads at cities are ridiculous though. So hard to kill
 
TheCowOfNow said:
I was in one of these too, it was awesome, the gurads at cities are ridiculous though. So hard to kill

Well the problem with that is the fact that no one listens - what people should have done is to fight on the outskirts of the towns and not inside trying to kill the guards. Most of those guards are at least lvl40+...

So many of the raids last night were destroyed because of that, there was one raid where the gryphon guards (or whatever they're called) totally wiped 20 people out
 
Sad to see beta go ... but I will be buying the game .I had a great experience and loved every min of it!
 
My impressions on WoW beta.

Everyone is used to a high quality of polish in all Blizzard games, unfortunately this same level of quality is not found in WoW. I played in both stress tests and I am disapointed with the end result. Sure it is better then every MMORPG out there ... but that does not mean it should not meet the usual Blizzard standards.

It seems Blizzard has become Vivendis bitch. A trend more and more common now adays. I find it a frightening trend that games are being released not done and then you have to patch it all to hell afterwards. Sure a MMORPG is different but major bugs and character balancing are not fixed, high end content is non-existenet, battlefields have not been implemented, pvp is not as good as it could be, weather effects have not been added.
Sure you can patch this all after retail, but thats just bad business. I buy finished products not betas.

I am not one to buy an unfinished product and as such I cancelled my pre-order (which I made after the first stress test). I somewhat enjoyed the game but where im at now ... level 25 I find it very boring. I only find fun in ganking the nightelf quest npcs (which will soon be a banable offence )

I would have thought Blizzard would have learned their lesson when Bill Roper quit because of Vivendis medleing but that is just not the case.

I hope in the future Blizzard will return to their place of High quality games ... but for right now they have fallen.
 
bonkrowave said:
My impressions on WoW beta.

Everyone is used to a high quality of polish in all Blizzard games, unfortunately this same level of quality is not found in WoW. I played in both stress tests and I am disapointed with the end result. Sure it is better then every MMORPG out there ... but that does not mean it should not meet the usual Blizzard standards.

It seems Blizzard has become Vivendis bitch. A trend more and more common now adays. I find it a frightening trend that games are being released not done and then you have to patch it all to hell afterwards. Sure a MMORPG is different but major bugs and character balancing are not fixed, high end content is non-existenet, battlefields have not been implemented, pvp is not as good as it could be, weather effects have not been added.
Sure you can patch this all after retail, but thats just bad business. I buy finished products not betas.

I am not one to buy an unfinished product and as such I cancelled my pre-order (which I made after the first stress test). I somewhat enjoyed the game but where im at now ... level 25 I find it very boring. I only find fun in ganking the nightelf quest npcs (which will soon be a banable offence )

I would have thought Blizzard would have learned their lesson when Bill Roper quit because of Vivendis medleing but that is just not the case.

I hope in the future Blizzard will return to their place of High quality games ... but for right now they have fallen.


Well the whole point of paying for mmorpg is so the devs will make continuous efforts to balance and patch the game (aside from the servers of course). The stuff you're mentioning about battlefields, high end content, etc won't even be need for at least 3-4 weeks after release (I assume most of the power gamers will hit 60 by then, for casual gamers, it'll be a good 1-2 months). I think you're reading into the WoW forums too much, level 25 is barely mid game, and most of your complains have been post hundreds of times on the beta forum...

I don't know about you, but WoW to me is probably the most polished mmorpg at release than any other mmorpg so far. Also, if you find WoW boring than I suggest you avoid mmorpgs in general because you'll find most of them are worse than WoW...
 
I fail to see how character balancing and the various blatent bugs will not have to be fixed until 3 - 4 weeks into it. If you guys are prepared to pay and pay monthly for an incomplete game feel free.

I know I am not
 
I guess I would be a little more enthusiastic if the game didnt cost 15 bucks a month... I was more than willing to shell out 10 bucks a month... I was, and am, planning on getting one of those time cards you can buy because I dont feel like using a credit card.

My impressions from the stress tests and the beta were as follows:

Certain races are far superior than others, The Tauren Shaman is just unfair...

Quests can be boring and Annoying at times (See: Collect 10 items that rarely ever drop from this type of monster)

The monetary system is very annoying (Though with the patch they released the day before the beta ended it got better)

Graphics are amazing, comp runs it fine, though it is a Ram hog, at times eating up to 600-700 megs of my ram.

In the beta I had, up until the last day, frequent errors, and stops, that would require me to restart the game, and log in several times until my ghost character that was still in the game was removed.

The frequent server downtimes during peak periods were annoying, but not unexpected.

Charge me 50 bucks for the game... fine... charge me 15 a MONTH, thats really pushing it.


All in all, one of the only reasons I am probably going to play this game, is because most of my friends are playing it... I'll probably play for 3 or 4 months get to like lvl 50 or something, and just stop paying for it because lets be honest, It really is a money hole.
 
I agree on many levels, I'll probably play for roughly 3-4 montsh solid. After that it'll be a month to month thing, seeing as its Warcraft it will probably hold my interest more then other MMOs ... Warcraft always has that 'replay' value attached to it. :p
 
Bennyb said:
I guess I would be a little more enthusiastic if the game didnt cost 15 bucks a month... I was more than willing to shell out 10 bucks a month... I was, and am, planning on getting one of those time cards you can buy because I dont feel like using a credit card.

My impressions from the stress tests and the beta were as follows:

Certain races are far superior than others, The Tauren Shaman is just unfair...

Quests can be boring and Annoying at times (See: Collect 10 items that rarely ever drop from this type of monster)

The monetary system is very annoying (Though with the patch they released the day before the beta ended it got better)

Graphics are amazing, comp runs it fine, though it is a Ram hog, at times eating up to 600-700 megs of my ram.

In the beta I had, up until the last day, frequent errors, and stops, that would require me to restart the game, and log in several times until my ghost character that was still in the game was removed.

The frequent server downtimes during peak periods were annoying, but not unexpected.

Charge me 50 bucks for the game... fine... charge me 15 a MONTH, thats really pushing it.


All in all, one of the only reasons I am probably going to play this game, is because most of my friends are playing it... I'll probably play for 3 or 4 months get to like lvl 50 or something, and just stop paying for it because lets be honest, It really is a money hole.


2 of those points you cant say.. you cant judge the frequent server downtimes because thats them fixing it in preperation for its release, which I doubt they will have during the release...

also errors that would require you to log out and back in like not being able to ressurrect? (however thats spelled) or general lag, im sure that will be fixed too as this is (or was rather) beta and its free....

so now your saying that charging $15 a month for some slightly repetitive quests (there have to be thousands of quests, how can they not get repetitive? at least they added group quests and stuff), the tauren shaman are over powered.. and the fact that it takes ram...

it still seems worth it to me... its the only mmorpg that has ever caught and held my attention... i've tried many but this is the only successful one (maybe im just a blizzard whore who owns every game they've ever made...)
 
sniper991122 said:
2 of those points you cant say.. you cant judge the frequent server downtimes because thats them fixing it in preperation for its release, which I doubt they will have during the release...

also errors that would require you to log out and back in like not being able to ressurrect? (however thats spelled) or general lag, im sure that will be fixed too as this is (or was rather) beta and its free....

so now your saying that charging $15 a month for some slightly repetitive quests (there have to be thousands of quests, how can they not get repetitive? at least they added group quests and stuff), the tauren shaman are over powered.. and the fact that it takes ram...

it still seems worth it to me... its the only mmorpg that has ever caught and held my attention... i've tried many but this is the only successful one (maybe im just a blizzard whore who owns every game they've ever made...)

haha, whoops... I ment to say that the downtime was annoying yet EXPECTED...

I'm not saying that the game sucks... yayaya, errors... I know that this is was a Beta test, but I am unsure if they are ready to release such a clearly FLAWED game to the market. One might argue and say "They'll fix everyone for release" What I am saying is... they know what people are having problems with, they know what our complaints are, yet they rush to release?

Lastly, I am also a big blizzard fan. Been addicted to Starcraft, warcraft, and Diablo... This is the first mmorpg i've played, which might be why the monthly fee causes me to cringe, but who knows...
 
I am totally bumed that the beta is over. It was a great week or so. I'll be picking up my collector's edition on Tuesday though and then watch out.

I'll be on a pvp server, and we (my buds and I) may even go for the rp pvp server. We will be playing the hoard of course. ;)
 
im bummed i missed the last day, go check out the forums at wow.com
the GM's started turning people into chickens and summoning dreadlords, LOL
 
NOES! I just finished the quest I was on too :(

Why now? I thought they were keeping them till the last day or so...
 
bonkrowave said:
I fail to see how character balancing and the various blatent bugs will not have to be fixed until 3 - 4 weeks into it. If you guys are prepared to pay and pay monthly for an incomplete game feel free.

I know I am not

Because no one will be at a point to fight against each other till then. Same with the battlefields, etc. You won't be at a point to use it.

As for end-content, you have any idea how long it takes to get there?!? Months and months... they've got time to add it.
 
lopoetve said:
NOES! I just finished the quest I was on too :(

Why now? I thought they were keeping them till the last day or so...

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

they need time i guess to clean up all the servers, and prolly take a couple of days off before the hell of retail begins for them
 
They wanted time to make sure all of the servers were totally wiped and clean so there were no old traces of the old code.
 
Steel Chicken said:
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

they need time i guess to clean up all the servers, and prolly take a couple of days off before the hell of retail begins for them

Oh well. It'll give me a chance to get things right from the beginning. I did one handed axes too long.
 
lopoetve said:
Oh well. It'll give me a chance to get things right from the beginning. I did one handed axes too long.

yeh, thats what I was basically seeing the beta as.. however I've been in since closed beta so i've had the opportunity to test tauren warrior, orc shaman, troll rogue, undead warlock etc...

i think when the game comes out im going to make my primary a troll rogue, just not sure what i want him to be later.. combat or more stealhth
 
bonkrowave said:
... it is better then every MMORPG out there ... but that does not mean it should not meet the usual Blizzard standards.

i fully agree. but it is so good that i will buy it. and since i only play 5-8 hours a week or so, by the time i get to the high level content it will be added.

my question is, it seems tht the regular version does not come with a free month (from the ebgames website), so the CE edition is a logical step, costing essentially just a few dollars for all the goodies, after substracting 15 for the free month.
 
Seems like there was quite a bit of destruction at ironforge on server 23 :p
WoWInfernalSHITTTT.jpg


Suposedly there was a dreadlord right outside... never made it that far :D
 
lopoetve said:
Because no one will be at a point to fight against each other till then. Same with the battlefields, etc. You won't be at a point to use it.

As for end-content, you have any idea how long it takes to get there?!? Months and months... they've got time to add it.

I wouldn't say it takes months and months to get to end game content ... I play for about a week and a bit ... I didn't play much at the end of the test and I got to level 25. I know the exp needed to lvl ramps up but still ... I was playing for like 3 - 4hours a day max for a little over a week and I was at lvl 25.

And Characters need to be balanced not for PVP but so there is not some uber class everyone is goign to pick and make teh game unbalanced.
 
bonkrowave said:
I fail to see how character balancing and the various blatent bugs will not have to be fixed until 3 - 4 weeks into it. If you guys are prepared to pay and pay monthly for an incomplete game feel free.

I know I am not

Well I didn't mean that balancing isn't important, for me it's a top priority as well. But how many games out there are actually "balanced", especially at release? Look at War3, they had to patch it numerous times before it was somewhat balanced.

There are some issues with a couple of the classes being more overpowering than others (i.e. rogues and shamans), but I'm confident that Bliz will eventually figure a way to balance things out.

Also, I don't see what blatent bugs you are referring, the only problems that I encountered during the 2 stress tests and beta were a couple of game crashes during extreme lag and the 2-3 days in open beta where there was loot lag.
 
One bug that really should have been fixed .... but wasn't was the ability to attack pvp with a hunter pet and it would not flag you. If you used the hunter ability where you control your pet you could attack someone and they could not attack you back. It worked to my advantage but it really is not fair.
 
bonkrowave said:
One bug that really should have been fixed .... but wasn't was the ability to attack pvp with a hunter pet and it would not flag you. If you used the hunter ability where you control your pet you could attack someone and they could not attack you back. It worked to my advantage but it really is not fair.

pretty sure that was fixed in the patch from a few days ago,
but ive not played a hunter class yet
 
Maybe the game isn't 100% competely finished, but for an MMORPG i think this is much less of an issue than say for a FPS. I mean what game these days is finished on release, sadly very few are. Regardless I'm definetly going to buy it.

Here's my reasoning... quite honestly the beta version of WoW played better, ran better, and had way more content than SWG does nearly year after release and they are pushing a f'in expansion. It's also alot better than most other MMORPGs i've tested or subscribed too and this is only beta I'm sorry I ever bought that piece of crap (SWG) the trial sucked me in thinking there was more too it, guess what theres not it sucks, it's broken, and the devs just break it worse every patch.

WoW has some problems but they are very small in comparison to other MMORPGs I've played. I like what I have seen, like the devs listening to people in the forums and things actually getting fixed. Maybe you feel this game isn't up to blizzard quality.... but I've got to say compared to other MMORPGs it's already a cut above.

As for the monthly fee... pretty sure $15 is standard fare now for most of these games.
 
im kinda surprised ppl are saying its not ready, an mmorpg is always changing for one, and have any of you played any other mmorpgs at release? this one is so close to complete its scary
 
Back
Top