[WoW] Auctioneer Broken since last patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertMacUser

Limp Gawd
Anyone know a solutions?

i can't live without it.. =( i mean really.

my only char is a lvl one, since the first day i got the game.
i made a dwarf, ran around, realized that i was close to the main city. visited, and never left.

now i have 900g =)))

but without auctioneer my empire will be ruined!!!!

If you want to play speculator, go play another game. I suggest http://www.nyse.com/ . You're not playing WoW, you're just wasting your time and the more casual players' time. The inflation you are causing doesn't affect big guilds since the best loot will always be BindOnPickup drops in big raid dungeons. However you're just making it harder for the more casual gamer to squeeze the last ounces out of their non-MC/Onyxia/BWL gear by making it nearly impossible for him to buy stuff.

It's a good thing Blizzard is putting in more epic gear from Battlegrounds faction rep rewards so that the more casual player can get better gear post-60 on his own time instead of solo-farming to feed speculators and gold ebayers.

I love how people try and tell the op how to play. Get over yourselves, get off your high horse and shut your face. The guy paid the same amount as everyone else, he is entitled to play the game however he wants, not how some wannabe Furor tells him too.

I dont use auctioneer, but a number of people in my guild do, and I am almost positive they have it working. Check out our guild site at www.hardguild.net, we have forums there where you can post a question, and I am sure someone will help you out.

I love how people think they can do whatever they want because they pay money.

I'm not saying no one should use Auctioneer, but you shouldn't play WoW just to amass gold as you're just screwing over other people with inflation. It's already been proven time and time again in many MMO's that massive inflation ruins gaming experiences of the vast majority because of that minority of ebayers and speculators.

Just because you paid money to see a movie means you can yell and boo loudly whenever you want right?

Get off YOUR high horse.

Neurofreeze said:
I love how people think they can do whatever they want because they pay money.

I'm not saying no one should use Auctioneer, but you shouldn't play WoW just to amass gold as you're just screwing over other people with inflation. It's already been proven time and time again in many MMO's that massive inflation ruins gaming experiences of the vast majority because of that minority of ebayers and speculators.

Just because you paid money to see a movie means you can yell and boo loudly whenever you want right?

Get off YOUR high horse.

Stop trying to tell others how to play, and worry about your own play style .... is that so hard to understand ? If you could show me where in the manual, or any blizzard material for that matter, it says you cant just be an auction junky, I will gladly remove my remarks.

If you want to dictate what others do in a videogame then try Hitler online

If it somewhere stats on your purchase ticket, where it says you cannot yell and boo in a theater, point it to me.

Let's all just worry about our own playstyle and forget that ebayers ruin MMO's. It's their perogative right?

There's a difference between explicitly stating that something cannot be done and implicit factors in a game. Obviously massive gold farming and speculation is not how Blizzard intended for WoW to be played (otherwise they wouldn't keep nerfing high-profit drop mobs that gold farmers like to go for and they probably wouldn't have coded in all that "content" stuff).

I'm sure the strawman argument works in your world, but everywhere else it means nothing. If you want to make WWII references that have no bearing on the scope and caliber of this argument, then you can be the countries that used appeasement to keep Hitler at bay. That really worked, didn't it?

That's why the straw man argument doesn't work, it can be turned against itself.

Neurofreeze said:
If it somewhere stats on your purchase ticket, where it says you cannot yell and boo in a theater, point it to me.

Let's all just worry about our own playstyle and forget that ebayers ruin MMO's. It's their perogative right?

There's a difference between explicitly stating that something cannot be done and implicit factors in a game. Obviously massive gold farming and speculation is not how Blizzard intended for WoW to be played (otherwise they wouldn't keep nerfing high-profit drop mobs that gold farmers like to go for and they probably wouldn't have coded in all that "content" stuff).

I'm sure the strawman argument works in your world, but everywhere else it means nothing. If you want to make WWII references that have no bearing on the scope and caliber of this argument, then you can be the countries that used appeasement to keep Hitler at bay. That really worked, didn't it?

That's why the straw man argument doesn't work, it can be turned against itself.

The op said he has 900g, 900g is the exact cost of the epic mount, so infact blizzard did intend for that amount of money to be farmed.

In addition, no where, does he say he is selling the gold, it is infact a playstyle he enjoys. Some people play alts and never make it to 60, some people like to play the auction.

You are one to talk about strawman arguments :rolleyes: In your post you talk about farmers, and farming certain mobs to get gold, well guess what? he is not doing that, he is playing the auction house which is a perfectly acceptable play style. Your own post is the definition of a strawman argument as you compare what he is doing to an issue that is against the TOS, but has no relevance to what the OP is doing at all.

I find it histarical that some people try and tell others how to play. :rolleyes:

If you are so interested in telling people how to play the game, may I suggest you apply for a job as a GM, and yes there are position available. SInce you are not a rep of Blizzard and have no authority over the world of Azeroth, you really should not be trying to act like the World of Warcraft police.

So when does this thread go into "question other poster's sexuality, imply he is member of German political movement from the 1940s" mode? :D

If he is just allocating goods to people who value them the most, then he is increasing the utility in the community. I have never played WoW, but I can imagine that auctioning off goods doesn't actually create currency, it just allocates the item being auctioned to someone who is willing to pay more for it. Farming would be something that causes depreciation in the price of gear since it introduces more into economy.

Explain how auctioning gear introduces more gear into the economy and causes inflation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back