WoW a 4 MS response time being released this month

Sweetnsexy

n00b
I was browsing and dong my norm of researchign when I came across this new flat screen from viewsonic. It claims it will be released this month at 17 inch and 19 inch rinning at 4ms.

Yeap talk about I want to kick myself int he ass since I bought the samsung 930b last month.

here are the two links.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1776904,00.asp
http://www.viewsonic.com/xtreme/

I wonder if anyoen got there hands on this to evaluate if its true or not.

It's still a TN+ panel, correct? No matter how fast they get I wouldn't buy one. Wait for the LED and NED displays.

Yea its GRAY TO GRAY response is 4ms, so its 3 times faster than my 2005fpw. Blackt to white is going to be 8ms. Just like blk to wht on my 2005fpw is actually 16ms although its marketed as 12ms panel.

Hey its cool, but I have widecreen :D You really have to look sharp to notice the ghosting too, there is some but not enough to get a lower response time panel.

Scolecite said:
Yea its GRAY TO GRAY response is 4ms, so its 3 times faster than my 2005fpw. Blackt to white is going to be 8ms. Just like blk to wht on my 2005fpw is actually 16ms although its marketed as 12ms panel.

Hey its cool, but I have widecreen :D You really have to look sharp to notice the ghosting too, there is some but not enough to get a lower response time panel.

Where did you get this information? I highly doubt its accuracy.

Scolecite said:

In the review linked above black to white to black was listed at 5ms.

It also sounds as if it's going to come at a $200 price premium ($550) to the going cost of the 930b/l90d+. I am about ot buy one of those panels, and the general concensus seems to be that those monitors are good enough for even the most CRT-jaded gamer. :shrug:

I don't know about you guys but speed isn't everything anymore. It's all about the colours. I'm pretty happy on any panel at 16ms or below. And after using them for a year, i'd prefer that my 172x's where slower 8-bit per channel displays rather than 12ms and 6-bit per channel that they are..

Back