WoW; 4th expansion Mists of Pandaria

Few questions:
1) How is lev 85 commendation gear (think I have i 371 level on my Death Knight DPS and 367 on my priest) compared to the panda greens? New greens are again better then last add-on purples, like it was when Cata was released?

2) Any changes to vp/jp vendors? they were talking of removing most items from there, so you could not gear anymore via vp/jp

3) How are new dungeons? Are there enough of them, to gear up to 90 without boredom runs of 2 dungeons 7 times a week?

1) yeah, quest rewards start at 377, then go up to 384 in the starter MoP zone
2) afaik no major changes, except JP rewards require rep and come from faction vendors
3) not sure, havent run any yet

1) How is lev 85 commendation gear (think I have i 371 level on my Death Knight DPS and 367 on my priest) compared to the panda greens? New greens are again better then last add-on purples, like it was when Cata was released?

My mage and rogue were in 378/384 epics going into MoP. I didn't replace much until Kunlai (3rd or 4th zone). There were a couple quests that gave ilvl 404+ blues (weapons, specifically), and I used those. But most of the green quest rewards in the first couple zones are 384, and weren't really better than a fully enchanted level 85 set. This did not have the massive ilvl jump that happened in TBC or even WotLK where you replaced everything immediately.

2) Any changes to vp/jp vendors? they were talking of removing most items from there, so you could not gear anymore via vp/jp

I'm not 100% on this, because I JUST hit 90 last night, but I have noticed JP rewards on reputation vendors / quartermasters. The VP/JP vendors in Stormwind still only have Cata epics on them. So either there's a centralized vendor for JP's in Pandaria I'm missing, or they're all rep rewards.

3) How are new dungeons? Are there enough of them, to gear up to 90 without boredom runs of 2 dungeons 7 times a week?

No idea. Got 3 bosses into Shado-pan Monestary on a guild run before the server restarts yesterday. it was fun and actually had stuff other than tank & spank on normal (/gasp!). Haven't done or even queued for any others.

Other notes from leveling my first toon (human rogue):
--Seems to average about six hours per level (no rested, of course), with brief afk's and lots of mining / skinning.
--Don't bother dismounting to mine ghost iron. It's everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE.
--Ditch raid glyphs and get leveling glyphs.
--Mobs have lots of HP.
--Rare spawns are soloable, but all I've run into have some sort of instagib ability, some have two. Kinda cool, prevents the idiots from killing them.
--Watch for sparkly things on the ground, even in areas where you don't quest. I found four yesterday, each containing a vendor item worth 90 or 100g. XP bonuses from looting them were anywhere from 220k to 440k xp. Just for looting.
--MoP does NOT like quest groups. In other quests, I could do things like put out a fire or something, and my wife would get credit too. Haven't found many that work that way. Also had some goofy phasing / event bugs.
--Mailboxes are few and far between. Bring big bags.
--Rogues can't pick the lockboxes they get from pickpocketing until level 90. All 30+ I got containted either gold, or gold + health potion.
--Save Dread Wastes til you get flying at 90. Too many mobs that can knock you off your mount. Big zone. Lots of hills / cliffs. Bleh. Finishing it now that I can fly.

EDIT: There are a couple very poorly designed and written quests that I had trouble finding where exactly I needed to be. Hope this helps *someone*...
--On the quests in Townlong Steppes where you need to go into the catacombs (on the island) -- the entrance is on the south side of the ISLAND, not the big central building thing.
--On the quest to go to Dread Wastes, if you're there before a flying mount, find the wall near the turnin with the spiders climbing up it. Turn around. The rope is on the ground and is NOT sparkly. Nor can you see it going to the top of the wall. It just looks like a little pile of stuff.

Last edited:
My mage and rogue were in 378/384 epics going into MoP. I didn't replace much until Kunlai (3rd or 4th zone). There were a couple quests that gave ilvl 404+ blues (weapons, specifically), and I used those. But most of the green quest rewards in the first couple zones are 384, and weren't really better than a fully enchanted level 85 set. This did not have the massive ilvl jump that happened in TBC or even WotLK where you replaced everything immediately.

I'm not 100% on this, because I JUST hit 90 last night, but I have noticed JP rewards on reputation vendors / quartermasters. The VP/JP vendors in Stormwind still only have Cata epics on them. So either there's a centralized vendor for JP's in Pandaria I'm missing, or they're all rep rewards.

No idea. Got 3 bosses into Shado-pan Monestary on a guild run before the server restarts yesterday. it was fun and actually had stuff other than tank & spank on normal (/gasp!). Haven't done or even queued for any others.

Other notes from leveling my first toon (human rogue):
--Seems to average about six hours per level (no rested, of course), with brief afk's and lots of mining / skinning.
--Don't bother dismounting to mine ghost iron. It's everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE.
--Ditch raid glyphs and get leveling glyphs.
--Mobs have lots of HP.
--Rare spawns are soloable, but all I've run into have some sort of instagib ability, some have two. Kinda cool, prevents the idiots from killing them.
--Watch for sparkly things on the ground, even in areas where you don't quest. I found four yesterday, each containing a vendor item worth 90 or 100g. XP bonuses from looting them were anywhere from 220k to 440k xp. Just for looting.
--MoP does NOT like quest groups. In other quests, I could do things like put out a fire or something, and my wife would get credit too. Haven't found many that work that way. Also had some goofy phasing / event bugs.
--Mailboxes are few and far between. Bring big bags.
--Rogues can't pick the lockboxes they get from pickpocketing until level 90. All 30+ I got containted either gold, or gold + health potion.
--Save Dread Wastes til you get flying at 90. Too many mobs that can knock you off your mount. Big zone. Lots of hills / cliffs. Bleh. Finishing it now that I can fly.

That shiny circle stuff sounds awesome. Who doesn't like more cash? Other than that baby from the credit card commercials.

How's the pacing for quests, pretty steady? Story content = good?

That shiny circle stuff sounds awesome. Who doesn't like more cash? Other than that baby from the credit card commercials.

How's the pacing for quests, pretty steady? Story content = good?

I'm not gonna lie, I don't know the first thing about Warcraft lore, and I now have 1 level 90 + 10 level 85's. I never read the quests, but I do watch the cutscenes so I have at least an idea of what's happening, but that's about it.

As for quest pacing, it's kind of inconsistent, but I don't have any suggestions on how to improve it. There are 8-10-12 quests in some hubs, and others only have 2-3. But in the places with 2-3, there's not really anything else you could add that wouldn't just be "go kill 10 of these and loot 15 plants" or something. So in a way, that's good. I really enjoyed the Shadow-Pan chain.

Not all of the quest hubs are tied together, sometimes you just have to look for the indicator on the world map.. I've found at least 2-3 hubs that didn't have a quest that led to them, or at least, a quest that I ever found (example: the new Nessingwary quests).

I have resubbed again, and lately my WoW time is only to subscribe during new expansions for a few months level up and gear up as much as I can, then I stop and cancel my account, and wait for the next big content patch, resub again for that new patch and gear up again for a couple months, and quit.

There is no way I will keep my WoW account active for a full year straight anymore, there is too much dead time in this game between big content patches or expansions. We just had 10 months of nothing new, from patch 4.3 in early December to MoP out end of September, that is a very long time of nothing new, hopefully they don't do that again.

But I do enjoy seeing the new zones, and leveling up in brand new areas, running brand new dungeons for the first time, and trying out a new Raid when it's fresh. But after a couple of months it gets old hat and boring to me after I have seen everything. I am done with running dungeons over and over for dozens of times, not my cup of tea anymore.

Last edited:
I have resubbed again, and lately my WoW time is only to subscribe during new expansions for a few months level up and gear up as much as I can, then I stop and cancel my account, and wait for the next big content patch, resub again for that new patch and gear up again for a couple months, and quit.

There is no way I will keep my WoW account active for a full year straight anymore, there is too much dead time in this game between big content patches or expansions. We just had 10 months of nothing new, from patch 4.3 in early December to MoP out end of September, that is a very long time of nothing new, hopefully they don't do that again.

But I do enjoy seeing the new zones, anfd leveling up in brand new areas, running brand new dungeons for the first time, and trying out a new Raid when it's fresh. But after a couple of months it gets old hat and boring to me after I have seen everything. I am done with runiing ingeons over and over for dozens of times, not my cup of tea anymore.

Word...

Makes complete sense really. I suppose not everyone is like this, as a lot of other people are subbed forever, and just continue to do stuff in the game. We call those people "freaks". ;)

This does piss me off a bit;
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...First-Team-FS-Interview-Blue-Posts-Devs-Video

Q: Players keep asking again and again when we will get updated player models, is it still on the list and do you have any idea when and how you'll release those? How big of a challenge is it?
A: It's still on the list. It's not something that we are looking at doing really soon. It's something that our art director has been doing some R&D on and we have been talking a lot about. The challenges... How many player models do you upgrade? Do you upgrade them all at the same time? Do you do them over time? There's also the issue of, do we up the system requirements? Do we make it part of a patch? Do we make it part of an expansion? There are lots of unknowns still out there, but it is something that we would really like to do.

I recall a very similar question right when Cataclysm launched two years ago, that new player models were something in the works for a possible content patch, or next expansion. Well now that new expansion is here, and sound like new players models nowhere near coming again. This game is getting very dated looking, especially the original character models like Humans and Orc's looks super old and ugly. Why two years later won't Blizzard work on this ?

This is a good question too, but I doubt we see this anytime soon either; I like how they say if we had "unlimited funds", like the Billion dollars they are making each year off WoW isn't enough to get this done.

Q: If you had unlimited resources and unlimited funds, what would you add to World of Warcraft?
A: That is an interesting question. I think if we could just wave our magic wand it would be really great to up the graphic fidelity of the entire game and get it up to where the other games are at these days. I think World of Warcraft ages really well, but it still ages. I think people would be really excited if we were able to bring that up to modern day graphics standards.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...First-Team-FS-Interview-Blue-Posts-Devs-Video

Q: Players keep asking again and again when we will get updated player models, is it still on the list and do you have any idea when and how you'll release those? How big of a challenge is it?
A: It's still on the list. It's not something that we are looking at doing really soon. It's something that our art director has been doing some R&D on and we have been talking a lot about. The challenges... How many player models do you upgrade? Do you upgrade them all at the same time? Do you do them over time? There's also the issue of, do we up the system requirements? Do we make it part of a patch? Do we make it part of an expansion? There are lots of unknowns still out there, but it is something that we would really like to do.

I recall a very similar question right when Cataclysm launched two years ago, that new player models were something in the works for a possible content patch, or next expansion. Well now that new expansion is here, and sound like new players models nowhere near coming again. This game is getting very dated looking, especially the original character models like Humans and Orc's looks super old and ugly. Why two years later won't Blizzard work on this ?

This is a good question too, but I doubt we see this anytime soon either; I like how they say if we had "unlimited funds", like the Billion dollars they are making each year off WoW isn't enough to get this done.

Q: If you had unlimited resources and unlimited funds, what would you add to World of Warcraft?
A: That is an interesting question. I think if we could just wave our magic wand it would be really great to up the graphic fidelity of the entire game and get it up to where the other games are at these days. I think World of Warcraft ages really well, but it still ages. I think people would be really excited if we were able to bring that up to modern day graphics standards.

That second question is so blatantly unreal, that I have no words. They DO have unlimited funds...

That second question is so blatantly unreal, that I have no words. They DO have unlimited funds...

Totally agree. I would be super happy and would subscribe all year long, if Blizzard made a WoW-2, with an all new graphics engine, not Crysis graphics but just on par with 2012 graphics, and make an all new world to explore, with a better smart quest system. That would sell like hot cakes.

But Blizzard has zero reason to do this, because 8 year old WoW still has 9 million subscribers, why would Blizzard invest all that time and money into something that won't really gain them that much more at the end of the day, when they can just keep pumping out lame expansions every coupe of years, do it cheap, and rake in the cash.

Only way we will see radical change in WoW, is when the sub's really drop down significantly. And I doubt that happens for a few years still. I mean fuck, they are still getting 9 million subs, that is AMAZING for an 8 year old MMO. They say MMO's just need just like 500,000 monthly subscribers to break even and be profitable. I don't see WoW going below 1 million sub's for a very long time.

They have been asked this ever since they changed the bloodelf model and added the dranei(sp) model - their answer has always been the exact same. "we really want to but we don't have time/resources".

Only way we will see radical change in WoW, is when the sub's really drop down significantly. And I doubt that happens for a few years still. I mean fuck, they are still getting 9 million subs, that is AMAZING for an 8 year old MMO. They say MMO's just need just like 500,000 monthly subscribers to break even and be profitable. I don't see WoW going below 1 million sub's for a very long time.

According to some random website I just googled WoW peaked at about 12 million subscribers during WotLK and is now somewhere in the neighborhood of 10. They are on a decline and are down over 10% from peak. I consider raid-finder and pet-battle radical changes, but I agree WoW will continue to be a cash cow for a long time.

They have been asked this ever since they changed the bloodelf model and added the dranei(sp) model - their answer has always been the exact same. "we really want to but we don't have time/resources".

LOL, so I guess don't ever expect new models.

According to some random website I just googled WoW peaked at about 12 million subscribers during WotLK and is now somewhere in the neighborhood of 10. They are on a decline and are down over 10% from peak. I consider raid-finder and pet-battle radical changes, but I agree WoW will continue to be a cash cow for a long time.

Yes agree. But if what MMO sites say is true, that an MMO development just needs like 500,000 subscribers to be break even and make a little money, and around 1 million makes them very profitable. How long until WoW drops down to just 1 million players ? I think that's many years away. At least two or three more expansions. And Level cap over 100. And I bet will still won't see updated player models even at Level 100 LOL

if WarHammer Online, and SW;ToR still had just 1 million monthly subscribers, they would still be active and doing well. For most companies 1 million paying player base month after month would be a godsend, but WoW is 8 fucking years old now, and still has 10 million monthly players.

I just don't see what ever will stop WoW ? I bet "Titan" doesn't get released until WoW drops off big time.

I'm the stereotypical Vanilla > BC >> WoTLK >>>> Cataclysm.

So for people that are familiar with that opinion, is MoP more or the same or no?

They will probably do a week free-trial for all inactive accounts in a month or so (they did for cataclysm) if you're not the type of person who "needs" to have it right away.

I'm the stereotypical Vanilla > BC >> WoTLK >>>> Cataclysm.

So for people that are familiar with that opinion, is MoP more or the same or no?

It's not worth playing if you think Wrath / Cata were crap, it's more of the same. If you were an original player, I wouldn't bother to restart.

It's not worth playing if you think Wrath / Cata were crap, it's more of the same. If you were an original player, I wouldn't bother to restart.

Thanks, I was actually getting bored and wanted to try a MMO again. Havent played WoW in a while then tried cata and hated cata. Was just wondering if they went more to vanilla in the newest and it seems they didn't by your post. Won't be subbing back to WoW then I guess.

This expansion should be renamed to "World of Warcraft: Get your main character to 90 and fuck leveling alts"

Quit Cata for two years, restarted on a completely new server with absolutely nothing, clean slate.

Picked priest yet again, been playing it since classic, but holy hell did they ever change it.

Started last night and now pushing for 90 on a panda, it took me about 50 hours to go from 1-85 back in Cata on my mage, I'm guessing I'll be able to reach Pandaria in about 3 days of play. Big change from classic, which took my first toon about 20 days played to hit 60. It was like 100 hours alone in EPL going from 55 to 60, heh.

im playing again too and enjoying it so far. i thought pandas were pretty gay and would lol at everyone that ran by, but i rolled a warrior panda and they're actually pretty cool. even if you roll a warrior, you still have kung fu type stances, animations , etc. i just wish it wasn't a stupid panda. would be rad if the humans could have that cool kung fu type stance, too.

My wife bought us each a copy of MoP. I haven't played in years but considering it's going to be winter and -30C soon I figured why not. Only problem is the insane queue times. She has a few 80's on Illidan and it takes about 3 hours to log in. Is this going to get better or should we choose a different server?

rejoin the game after 1.5 year absence, pretty fun so far

as to people declaring Vanilla WoW as the best.. may i ask why?

here's what i remembered playing vanilla wow:
1. Gold was UNpossible to farm, (i didnt get my 100% mount till BC)
2. Gimmicky raid fights - requiring certain amount of tanks or healers to succeed... or certain class are absolutely useless in some fights. Which created a false sense of extreme difficulty
3. Classes pigeon hole into certain roles - Druid wanted to DPS? yea right lol
4. PVP was stupid dumb - without resilience classes with high burst damage are OP
5. Attunement grinds (well this existed in BC but it was finally removed later on)
6. 40 man raids? No thanks
7. Only 1 Tank was available
8. Doing a 5man instance took literally HOURS to complete.
9. Grinding stupid reps (rep tabards didnt exist)
10. Grinding for pvp ranks - no skill.. just grind grind grind
11. Farm Farm Farm.. did i mention Farm? farm those resist gear, farm rep, JUST FARM.

Vanilla wow was EPIC and AWESOME back in the day... but that was in 2004.. i would never want to go back to that ever again.

I think alot of it is because back then it was a challenge. It may have been a grind a lot of times, but when you finished it you knew that you had accomplished something.
Corpse runs, learning the strategies by doing rather than reading everything, actually getting into groups because you were GOOD, rather than what levels or types of stuff you wore made it more interesting imho.
Nowadays, they might as well hand you the rep and loot items before you even start anything since it's so watered down.
If your not configured correctly, or don't have the exact type of equipment, you might as well not even bother to play sometimes.
Just my .02 :)

2. Gimmicky raid fights - requiring certain amount of tanks or healers to succeed... or certain class are absolutely useless in some fights. Which created a false sense of extreme difficulty
4. PVP was stupid dumb - without resilience classes with high burst damage are OP
5. Attunement grinds (well this existed in BC but it was finally removed later on)
11. Farm Farm Farm.. did i mention Farm? farm those resist gear, farm rep, JUST FARM.

Vanilla wow was EPIC and AWESOME back in the day... but that was in 2004.. i would never want to go back to that ever again.

Don't forget the little things.
Mailboxes
Guild perks
Dual specs
Flying
Reforging
Guild bank
Removal of physical reagents needed for little things
60 min buffs vs 10 minute buffs
Mass buffing. Buffing one at a time SUCKED
Fast mount at 40
Slow mount at 20
No more ammo for hunters
Warlock sumonning stones
Dungeon finder (no more spamming general chat for group)
Mass rez
Paladins and shamans on both sides
Bg queue anywhere
No more walking to instances. Remember getting to sm as alliance? This shits exactly what I'm talking about.

I absolutely loved running around on my AQ geared Warrior two shotting clothies. Im guessing you were a caster :p

Its easy to say 'vanilla' was best, but over the years Wow has changed for the better.

Enjoying Panda's at the moment, so ill continue to play until something blows it out of the water. Titan perhaps?

Blizzard felt they forced daily quests on people in cata because of the enchants so they forced daily quests on everyone in MoP for the fortune tokens and rep/gear if you don't raid much or at all

Totally agree. I would be super happy and would subscribe all year long, if Blizzard made a WoW-2, with an all new graphics engine, not Crysis graphics but just on par with 2012 graphics, and make an all new world to explore, with a better smart quest system. That would sell like hot cakes.

But Blizzard has zero reason to do this, because 8 year old WoW still has 9 million subscribers, why would Blizzard invest all that time and money into something that won't really gain them that much more at the end of the day, when they can just keep pumping out lame expansions every coupe of years, do it cheap, and rake in the cash.

They'll never redo the game in the way you want, which is the main thing here. Not until an entirely new game is created, will we see a graphics refresh. Could be a long time.

1. Gold being impossible to farm was good for the AH. You didn't have the natural inflation on goods that occurred in after Vanilla. For the people that were hardcore enough you could challenge the gold farmers for goods. Now there is so many items in the game that gold farmers have a niche to profit off items and with gold so cheap if you are rerolling and trying to mine copper most people will just pay 50 gold a stack for it when gold is 99 cents per 1,000.

2. That is what made the game interesting. Your guilds literally had to have an elite hunter or an elite warlock. I was the elite shaman for our group and I always kept coming back to raids because I felt empowered like a sense of a second job.

3. I agree with you that sucked.

4. Resilience wasn't a mechanic in Vanilla literally the guy with the best PVE gear face rolled just like it should be.

5.Attunements were fucking awesome especially the server one for AQ. Attunements have been around since the AQ days. Really prepared the people for raiding.

6. I thought 40 mans were awesome. Just the shit going on for all of them and the mechanics of each fight. 40 mans were gay if you never got to BWL but in BWL and AQ you only had maybe a 2-3 man slack. Literally everyone was valuable.

7. The game is too tank centric now. People still can't find tanks. Part of that is because tanking is boring.

8. Really only UBRS took that long, But nonetheless it didn't feel like a farm fest. Quests seemed to be a lot better took when you had to run stuff to get attunements.

9. Every game is grinding rep. Pretty much that is all there is to do in Guild Wars 2.

10. Grinding for rep was ridiculous I agree and hell it was somewhat dangerous but the weapons you got at the high levels were awesome. Not to mention if someone was High Warlord he could turn the tide of the battle. Basically it was well respected when you played PVP with someone who was High Warlord you realized that guy put in the hours to be fucking badass.

11. I haven't played an RPG in the last 6 years that didn't have some element of farming. Even Final Fantasy games feel like a farm fest when you are underleveled. Can't beat the boss? Just farm guys for hours until you are lvl 99. Want the best weapons in Guild Wars 2? That will be like 200k karma.

1. Gold being impossible to farm was good for the AH. You didn't have the natural inflation on goods that occurred in after Vanilla. For the people that were hardcore enough you could challenge the gold farmers for goods. Now there is so many items in the game that gold farmers have a niche to profit off items and with gold so cheap if you are rerolling and trying to mine copper most people will just pay 50 gold a stack for it when gold is 99 cents per 1,000.

2. That is what made the game interesting. Your guilds literally had to have an elite hunter or an elite warlock. I was the elite shaman for our group and I always kept coming back to raids because I felt empowered like a sense of a second job.

3. I agree with you that sucked.

4. Resilience wasn't a mechanic in Vanilla literally the guy with the best PVE gear face rolled just like it should be.

5.Attunements were fucking awesome especially the server one for AQ. Attunements have been around since the AQ days. Really prepared the people for raiding.

6. I thought 40 mans were awesome. Just the shit going on for all of them and the mechanics of each fight. 40 mans were gay if you never got to BWL but in BWL and AQ you only had maybe a 2-3 man slack. Literally everyone was valuable.

7. The game is too tank centric now. People still can't find tanks. Part of that is because tanking is boring.

8. Really only UBRS took that long, But nonetheless it didn't feel like a farm fest. Quests seemed to be a lot better took when you had to run stuff to get attunements.

9. Every game is grinding rep. Pretty much that is all there is to do in Guild Wars 2.

10. Grinding for rep was ridiculous I agree and hell it was somewhat dangerous but the weapons you got at the high levels were awesome. Not to mention if someone was High Warlord he could turn the tide of the battle. Basically it was well respected when you played PVP with someone who was High Warlord you realized that guy put in the hours to be fucking badass.

11. I haven't played an RPG in the last 6 years that didn't have some element of farming. Even Final Fantasy games feel like a farm fest when you are underleveled. Can't beat the boss? Just farm guys for hours until you are lvl 99. Want the best weapons in Guild Wars 2? That will be like 200k karma.

Agree with everything but #10. LOL, well respected, AND a badass? I don't think so. Job-less idiots.

They'll never redo the game in the way you want, which is the main thing here. Not until an entirely new game is created, will we see a graphics refresh. Could be a long time.

Maybe you guys have better machines than I do but WoW still crushes my system. Sure my system is dated a bit, but running WoW at 1920 on ultra and I get around maybe 30 fps.

Thing is I always loved WoWs art direction and I think the game for having clunky textures still gives that feel of every zone being completely different.

There isn't a game I have played where I have felt that sense of scale maybe outside of Guild Wars 2.

But the point is WoW scales extremely well today and the years past. You can play on shitty and awesome systems. Everyone can play WoW.

Agree with everything but #10. LOL, well respected, AND a badass? I don't think so. Job-less idiots.

Trust me you didn't think that at the time. Sure they might have been job less. Hell a lot them wrote memoirs like crack addicts, but when you were in AV with a High Warlord that guy was totally badass. Especially if he had both weapons.

The point I am trying to get at is the gear was well respected if you put in the effort and it was something you wanted to get to for the rewards.

Now I know the minute I get a piece of gear it will just be useless 2 months from now. The gear turn over in the game is really bad and that is because the game tries to appease the people who only run 5 mans etc.

Don't forget the little things.
Mailboxes
Guild perks
Dual specs
Flying
Reforging
Guild bank
Removal of physical reagents needed for little things
60 min buffs vs 10 minute buffs
Mass buffing. Buffing one at a time SUCKED
Fast mount at 40
Slow mount at 20
No more ammo for hunters
Warlock sumonning stones
Dungeon finder (no more spamming general chat for group)
Mass rez
Paladins and shamans on both sides
Bg queue anywhere
No more walking to instances. Remember getting to sm as alliance? This shits exactly what I'm talking about.

All this.
WoW vanilla was good but this is something else (note : I haven't bought MoP and haven't played WoW in over 4 months).

I grinded and grinded to get my epic mount but never could afford it, my girlfriend started playing in Cata and doesn't understand why I'm still amazed at how much gold they're throwing at you it's impossible to be broke !

It's just a better game, I'm playing GW2 and while there's good thing and many improved things there (traveling, dodging, ah anywhere to name a few) the lack of dungeon finder, mount, etc makes it tidious sometimes (you don't have anything to look for after a while).

Trust me you didn't think that at the time. Sure they might have been job less. Hell a lot them wrote memoirs like crack addicts, but when you were in AV with a High Warlord that guy was totally badass. Especially if he had both weapons.

The point I am trying to get at is the gear was well respected if you put in the effort and it was something you wanted to get to for the rewards.

Now I know the minute I get a piece of gear it will just be useless 2 months from now. The gear turn over in the game is really bad and that is because the game tries to appease the people who only run 5 mans etc.

I'm still not agreeing here, rather laughing. I was in a TOP of the line guild since Vanilla (hell, Beta) and I can't count how many times we laughed at people that put in a lot of effort and time into doing shit in this game. We raided maybe 2-3 times a week and cleared content, got solid ranks (10) and later on in BC got Gladiator ranks for several seasons in a row. There's no point in playing 15 hours a day to get the rank and gear that THAT specific shit required. Nobody thought THAT guy was a badass, unless you were, yourself (not saying YOU exactly), job-less and really had nothing else to aspire to.

All in all, I miss Vanilla. A lot...ignoring the PvP aspect of course, because it sucked dick.

Yeah we had a guy in our guild who grinded grand marshall, it was pretty much a 24 hours job to get the title but when he got it he was unique , I mean, there was what, one every week I think?

I'm still not agreeing here, rather laughing. I was in a TOP of the line guild since Vanilla (hell, Beta) and I can't count how many times we laughed at people that put in a lot of effort and time into doing shit in this game. We raided maybe 2-3 times a week and cleared content, got solid ranks (10) and later on in BC got Gladiator ranks for several seasons in a row. There's no point in playing 15 hours a day to get the rank and gear that THAT specific shit required. Nobody thought THAT guy was a badass, unless you were, yourself (not saying YOU exactly), job-less and really had nothing else to aspire to.

All in all, I miss Vanilla. A lot...ignoring the PvP aspect of course, because it sucked dick.

wat?
If you were in a serious raiding guild it required so many hours back in Vanilla. Wait for the 40 players to show up (the right classes, warrior tank, priest healer) buff everyone (5 min pally buff) then clear the trash, fight the boss, wipe if you're still learning the fight, etc.

When we started MC it took hours and hours to finally get to rag and down him.
Forget about doing BWL until your most important players are geared up and then you repeat the same stupid process.

Don't forget you had to get attuned as well.

EVerything was a crazy time sink, wether it was pvp or pve so laughing at someone who decided to spent time pvping instead of pveing is kinda silly

edit:
Grind that stupid nature resist gear for AQ ! Boy that was boring

You sound butthurt that you never got it, it wasn't even that hard to get if you shared accounts, and guess what, you could have a job too!

My roommate sophomore year when I was in a frat got full tier 3. This guy literally played for 6 hours a day and then quit cold turkey. Did this for like almost a year. Sold his account for 3500 before TBC.

Wasn't worth it but he was pretty bad ass.

When I was in a guild getting to BWL required us to at least put in 10-15 hours outside of raiding. You had to to get people geared and to get proper FR gear.

Was it a waste of time? Probably, but I did meet a couple cool people from playing the game.

Back