WoW; 4th expansion Mists of Pandaria

I have to say this has got to be one of the lamest looking updates for a game I have ever seen. I don't play WoW and have no intention of ever doing so, but the fact that Blizzard would make this decision somewhat worries me. Might push back my Diablo 3 purchase to make sure no such similar inane dumbass ideas make it into that game.

Yeah this expansion is laughable at best. My personal favorite part of this, look at the launch trailer from the official wow channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyeZ8khSEC0

highest percentage of downvotes i have EVER seen on a video released by a AAA dev. 1.2 million views, over 24k votes, 46% negative. Seems to say it all about this expansion.

I just watched the trailer for "Mists of Panderia" ....is this an attempt at a joke/troll from Blizzard?
I actually was laughing throughout the trailer...not sure if serious.

Everything they are doing just screams casual. Which I would probably be okay with, if they weren't changing things just for the sake of change. The new talent system looks very boring. More shaman nerfs. Bleh. I miss the WoW of old. :(

Blizzard is running out of ideas for WoW. Lately, the tier sets have nothing special about them and this expansion seems to be entirely based on Chinese culture.

Wow, kung fu panda, ROFL

it's true

World of Pokemoncraft: Warcraft Kung Fu Panda edition

terribly lame

They ran out of ideas, but honestly, this game jumped the shark with Cataclysm.

If you didn't play Cataclysm, then how can you say it jumped the shark with it? Cataclysm was just like every other expansion before it. It raised the stakes with a new primary villain, it added new levels and new leveling zones and it added new dungeons and raids. Mists of Pandaria sounds like a joke, but Cataclysm really wasn't some unforgivable blunder. People whined about Cataclysm, but people whined about every other expansion as well. The fact of the matter is that the game is just getting old and stale. It's inexorable, but I can absolutely guarantee that it would have happened much more quickly if they had never released these expansions.

Not sure why Blizzard felt they needed to release this. Maybe to pique interest and stir up the news ahead of KOTR? I'm pretty sure they aren't running out of ideas for WoW because the lore is pretty damn expansive and there are plenty of areas they have yet to visit/implement into the world. Cataclysm wasn't all that bad either, if you step back and look at it as a whole, it's actually pretty neat. Sure a lot of it is rehashed/remodeled old world content, but I think a lot of people misplace their blame in the content as opposed to blaming the fact that the game is extremely old now and there's only so much a dev can do to keep things fresh.

As for the armor sets, I agree that they've been pretty lack luster recently, one of the reasons why I stopped playing a while ago, but the next upcoming patch has some awesome looking gear.

If you didn't play Cataclysm, then how can you say it jumped the shark with it? Cataclysm was just like every other expansion before it. It raised the stakes with a new primary villain, it added new levels and new leveling zones and it added new dungeons and raids. Mists of Pandaria sounds like a joke, but Cataclysm really wasn't some unforgivable blunder. People whined about Cataclysm, but people whined about every other expansion as well. The fact of the matter is that the game is just getting old and stale. It's inexorable, but I can absolutely guarantee that it would have happened much more quickly if they had never released these expansions.
I thought Cata was quite a bit more fresh than Wotlk.

But yeah... MoP is my ticket to GW2 or Tera. I miss real PvP.

Wow the damage control on the youtube vid link is amazing! they are deleting all the negative posts!, specially the one that had the numbers of likes//dislikes of the other expansions vs this one <.<

Too late Blizzard, suck it up.

EDIT TO ADD:
the one containing the numbers per expansion had over 36 thumbs up when i left 2 hours ago, and since they have been deleting all those negative posts the newest "top" post was describing MoP as The Runs for wow. with only 2 thumbs up lol >.<

Last edited:
When they annouced that you can have pet battles with your companion pets.....well

I think it should be called World of Pokecraft.

When they annouced that you can have pet battles with your companion pets.....well

I think it should be called World of Pokecraft.

No, it should be called World of Masterchef, because it has cooking.

No! It should be called World of Profishing because it has fishing.

:rolleyes:

I have to say this has got to be one of the lamest looking updates for a game I have ever seen. I don't play WoW and have no intention of ever doing so, but the fact that Blizzard would make this decision somewhat worries me. Might push back my Diablo 3 purchase to make sure no such similar inane dumbass ideas make it into that game.

I can understand that everyone is entitled to there opinion but why bother chiming in if you have zero interest in the game or haven't at least played it? From the looks of the expansion its more about fan service than drawing in stonewalled "haters" that have zero interest in WoW.

But anyways , the expansion looks interest but the Monk class seems like the best part so far. I don't really care what they release in the expansion , I care more that they fix all the major balance issues that have existed for about the last 3 years in WoW that have all really driven away a large part of there core audience. If they do this I may be interested enough to jump on board again.

No, it should be called World of Masterchef, because it has cooking.

No! It should be called World of Profishing because it has fishing.

:rolleyes:

Yes exactly. Fishing and cooking is just like having fake pets fight each other!!!

God i never would of thought

/facepalm

P.S. Just had this thought of Iron Chef Bobby Flay having his pet Olives fight Iron Chef Kat Kora's pet cabbage!

I can understand that everyone is entitled to there opinion but why bother chiming in if you have zero interest in the game or haven't at least played it? From the looks of the expansion its more about fan service than drawing in stonewalled "haters" that have zero interest in WoW.

But anyways , the expansion looks interest but the Monk class seems like the best part so far. I don't really care what they release in the expansion , I care more that they fix all the major balance issues that have existed for about the last 3 years in WoW that have all really driven away a large part of there core audience. If they do this I may be interested enough to jump on board again.

I was providing context for my comment, which if you read it would reveal that I am concerned about the implications this idiotic expansion has for an upcoming release from the same company. Nice try though ace.

Yes exactly. Fishing and cooking is just like having fake pets fight each other!!!

/facepalm

P.S. Just had this thought of Iron Chef Bobby Flay having his pet Olives fight Iron Chef Kat Kora's pet cabbage!

I'd fight Kat Kora's cabbage.

/facepalm

It IS exactly like having pets fight each other. It's not the main function of the game.

Also, 'fake' pets? :confused: You mean there are real pets in the game?

What the fuck....this game sure went down the toilet. Haven't played since LK. I miss Dark WoW , this looks like its for the kiddies. Where is The Emerald Dream?

Too bad. I hope dumb shit like this doesn't infect Diablo 3. I'm sure it will though, Blizzards all about cross pollination these days.

It IS exactly like having pets fight each other. It's not the main function of the game.

Also, 'fake' pets? :confused: You mean there are real pets in the game?

Guess you never played a warlock deathknight or hunter?

One could still argue about their being real.

They do have pets.

Every class gets companion pets (just like pokeman).

either way you look at it, having your companions fight in a arena against other companion pets is just like that bullshit pokeman crap my nephew plays.

It really is quite sad.

This also makes me think this expansion is mostly for the chinese/korea audience.

Kung-fu Panda. Pokeman pets fighting....

Bind on Equip pets you can buy on the blizzard store to sell in the AH for real gold.

This game has gone to the Gold farmer/chinese market.

Goodbye Warcraft....Many memories from the last 6-7 years of me playing.

Bind on Equip pets you can buy on the blizzard store to sell in the AH for real gold.

This game has gone to the Gold farmer/chinese market.

Goodbye Warcraft....Many memories from the last 6-7 years of me playing.

If anything the BOE pet will hurt the gold farmers. People can go through Blizzard to get gold and that is taking away business from the farmers. No gold is created.

I am amazed at all the bitching, most of it aimed at the Asian theme. WTF is wrong with Pandarens? What would you rather have, fucking Murlocs? Also the Pandaren concept came long before Kung-Fu Panda.

This expansion looks interesting aside from the talent changes, it might actually get me to renew my account. In general, the more the hardcore epeen jerkers bitch and moan about something in WoW, the more it appeals to me.

Pandarens were a joke, an april's fools joke, and as any joke that is run too long it stopped being funny and actually turned sad.
Not all expansions require new races, so nothing would have been better than that.
Pandarens as a joke may predate Kung Fu Panda, but the racials are obviously taken from that movie.

Again, there is a good reason why this is the first time that they have had such a negative opinion about an expansion, and sorry but mostly medieval fantasy of wow doesn't clash all that well with the Asian theme.

In some other game it would have been ok, in WoW? sorry, no dice.

Medieval fantasy also doesn't fit with the crystal spaceship and spacegoats theme of TBC, but it's been regarded as the best expac in WoW. It's more about the execution than the theme IMO. Time will tell if the execution is good enough.

Medieval fantasy also doesn't fit with the crystal spaceship and spacegoats theme of TBC, but it's been regarded as the best expac in WoW. It's more about the execution than the theme IMO. Time will tell if the execution is good enough.

That was Warcraft lore. Pandarans were nothing more than a joke.

I was responding to the idea that asian themes in WoW won't work with traditional medieval fantasy settings.

I was responding to the idea that asian themes in WoW won't work with traditional medieval fantasy settings.

But I also think it's straight laziness to boot. Come up with your own fucking art Blizz. The only zone I hated in Cataclysm was Uldum because it was LOL EGYPT and that was just so boring to me. I mean look at all the new zones they created for Cata and look at what a pretty but uninspired shit hole Uldum is.

All themes are inspired from real life stuff. I don't think I've ever seen anything that was truly original and somewhat believable. Classic example is aliens in sci-fi, but that's a totally different topic. Heck, silithus had that Egyptian theme with Ahn'Qiraj long before Cata, with the Anubis (cleverly named Anubisath) etc. It's not like they stopped being original at some point or whatever.

All themes are inspired from real life stuff. I don't think I've ever seen anything that was truly original and somewhat believable. Classic example is aliens in sci-fi, but that's a totally different topic. Heck, silithus had that Egyptian theme with Ahn'Qiraj long before Cata, with the Anubis (cleverly named Anubisath) etc. It's not like they stopped being original at some point or whatever.

They were inspired by it, they didn't blatantly rip it off.

If this isn't a "blatant ripoff" of this, then there's no reason not to suggest that Uldum was also an "inspiration" like Silithus. They're right next door to each other and are of a similar species so it makes lore sense.

At least those were on a different planet, and blizzard caught flack for that lorelol and retconning.

This is way worse.

At least those were on a different planet, and blizzard caught flack for that lorelol and retconning.

This is way worse.

Indeed, traveling to different planets/dimensions is quite a departure from medieval fantasy.
I'm not too excited about the Pandaren lore either, but that's not to say that it won't work or fit in. The Warcraft lore can basically work in anything at this point.

I have to agree with my two older Brothers who quit playing WoW a few years back for one main reason. They called it "World of Carrot-on-a-stick Craft" :rolleyes:

That every expansion once you reach end game level, then the major work is ahead, they said it's like punching your time card, and going to work an assembly line factory job, to gear up for end level. You have to run Normal 5man dungeons 24/7 to get your Justice Points to get Tier 11, and to gear up in T11, you will need approx 10,000 points :eek: :rolleyes: Then after that, you can run the basic lowbie Raids, but then you need to start running the Heroic 5mans to get your Valor Points now. And start again to run those same dungeons 24/7 to get the zillion Valor points needed to get into T12 gear.

Sad thing is, all these dungeons are the fucking same, what are there, like maybe 6 to 8 different heroic dungeons, but after you run them a few dozen times they get stale and boring, but to gear up in T11 and then again in T12 you have to run like them like over 500 times :confused: That is just fucking stupid.

They need to rethink the whole idea of end game, and how WoW became World of GEARcraft", and all about your gear score or gear rating iLevel :rolleyes:

You must be playing with the wrong people or something. I play no more than 6hrs a week and I am 6/7 heroic firelands. I never put any extra work into doing anything. I just play with my friends and have a good time, and that's it.

Also you have it wrong in the order you do things as well as the extent you have to do them. Even if you hit max level just today.

Wow...this thread is full of hypocrites.

If you read through most of the other threads on this forum, you'd see the vast majority of you bitching and moaning about a lack of content or commitment to the PC gaming market.

Here is a company releasing new content that gives players something to do other than just raid once they hit the level cap. And you bitch about it.

The same company is releasing a new race that everyone is claiming copies Kung Fu Panda. Check your dates, Warcraft 3 introduced the pandaren in the frozen throne in 2003....Kung Fu panda was released in 2008.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of the pet battles, but it is something new to try out while playing the game.

It all boils down to PC gamers being whiny bitches. You don't get new content/exclusives...you bitch. You get content, but don't think they catered to your market...you bitch.

Back