Wow, 40145 3DM01 points! Someone testing R520 on Driverheaven?

My money is on the R520.
It is the only card that I have heard of that could pull a score like that by itself.

The blur is only large enough to cover 1 card.

Nice, sounds like an overclocked P4 3.73GHz EE + R520.

Gimme gimme gimme!

I might have to wait to upgrade now...damnit. I was looking forward to blowing some money too.

Actually, theres been several 43,000+ scores using X800 XT PE's etc. It's not that difficult seeing how 3DM01 is mostly CPU limited. If he isn't lieing about the unreleased hardware, itd be the new ATI bullhorn motherboard.

^^^ What 40k scores to you know of on a 4.3GHz P4 and a stock-clocked video card???

Gavinni said:
Actually, theres been several 43,000+ scores using X800 XT PE's

Yep, but these are world records, done with 800+mhz(!!) on the GPU cores and 665+mhz mem, using the most extreme cooling/volt mods we can think of, also on the CPU.

If a card right out of the box with no OC scores 40K+ then this is very, very promising. :D

I asked Zardon whether I should just get a x800xt or wait for this new tech. I got one simple answer..."wait".

He might have just made me hold off on spending $450 within the month. I wish he'd say what 3dmark05 scored at with it.

Thats it, Im not getting anything until this card come out, Ill get a mobo, case, PSU and all those little doodads, but when this baby comes out (I have a 90% thought thats its the R520) Ill see if its worth it (Im interested in the Unreal Engine 3, maybe this baby can handle it ;) )

holy droolage times 10..!!!!! might be upgrading..again if the 03 and 05 Benchmarks are 30 to 40 % faster than my 6800 GT

In all honesty, I think ATI is gonna redeam themselves with this card (If it is this card, that is ATI) Becase, as a lot of people said, the 800 series is basically built on 9700tech, Thusly no sm3.0 support and such, I bet this will support sm 4.0!!!!11111one11!!!!!111!11111!!!!!!!!.

Plus,... look at that score, I cant fathom the copious amounts of FPS you wil get at Half Life 2 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

R520, eh? Here's what's going to happen

ATI: Hey guys! We just created the fastest card on the planet, twice as fast as SLI-6800 Ultra! Only 600$ to boot! Limited suplies only, get them while you can.

-1 Month Later-

ATI: Hey guys! As you know, we've been having some problems producing enough cards to meet with demand. So, hang on tight! You'll get the cards soon!

-1 Monther Later-

ATI: Hey guys! Guess what? We just did a refresh of the R520! It's going to be called the R540! Oh, and we're just about ready to ship the R520's!

-1 month later-

ATI: Hey guys! Sorry, but, we're canceling the R520 Orders! But, if you want, you can pre-order an R540 and get 20% off!

(Repeat until ATI goes bankrupt)

ATI: Hey guys! We just created the fastest card on the planet, twice as fast as SLI-6800 Ultra! Only 600$ to boot! Limited suplies only, get them while you can.

I will :D

this is probably just a bunch of bull..thier website is bull..
and this is 3dmark01...it's mainly cpu limited.... my 6800ultra only scores 2k more than my 9800xt...and it is twice as fast as the 9800xt...anyone ran 3dmark01 on SLI 6800gt or ultra's? The scores won't be much higher than one x800xt/6800ultra..and SLI is almost twice as fast as a single card..So yeah...

OMG I can't wait for the new ATI cards to come out, gonna leave my 6800GT in the dust

EQTakeOffense said:
R520, eh? Here's what's going to happen

-1 Month Later-

ATI: Hey guys! As you know, we've been having some problems producing enough cards to meet with demand. So, hang on tight! You'll get the cards soon!

-1 Monther Later-

ATI: Hey guys! Guess what? We just did a refresh of the R520! It's going to be called the R540! Oh, and we're just about ready to ship the R520's!

-1 month later-

ATI: Hey guys! Sorry, but, we're canceling the R520 Orders! But, if you want, you can pre-order an R540 and get 20% off!

(Repeat until ATI goes bankrupt)

aZn_plyR said:
this is probably just a bunch of bull..thier website is bull..
and this is 3dmark01...it's mainly cpu limited.... my 6800ultra only scores 2k more than my 9800xt...and it is twice as fast as the 9800xt...anyone ran 3dmark01 on SLI 6800gt or ultra's? The scores won't be much higher than one x800xt/6800ultra..and SLI is almost twice as fast as a single card..So yeah...

Stop being Nvidia Trolls

robberbaron said:
Guys I just got a reply email from him. It's the next XGI Volari.

The hell is that?

And how come he told you huh? I bet everyone from that sight emailed him, this is 95% classified by whatever company it is from, I doubt hed just tell you (and if you ARE in a position to recieve this info, Youd have to be in this sort of buisness and, more then likely under a contract, meaning telling us would get you sewed)

So in my opinion, your post=bullshit

Hate_Bot said:
The hell is that?

And how come he told you huh? I bet everyone from that sight emailed him, this is 95% classified by whatever company it is from, I doubt hed just tell you (and if you ARE in a position to recieve this info, Youd have to be in this sort of buisness and, more then likely under a contract, meaning telling us would get you sewed)

So in my opinion, your post=bullshit

God I hope XGI doesn't "sew" me.

All right fine "sued" or "sue" or whatever the fuck, the point is you shouldnt start bullshit rumors like that.

How about a little more info? Who did you email? what was his address? Why would he give you the info?

BullShite

Hate_Bot said:
Stop being Nvidia Trolls

Don't start the bullshit, we know you're an ATi fan-boy, so please whenever somebody says, NVIDIA > * etc etc, stop calling them trolls and starting flamewars.

Oh god, now two people are taking me seriously. Go read who XGI is. It will be better for your blood pressure.

Well excuse me if I dont know everything about some card company ive never heard of.

I thought this was some sort of workstation card when I heard it.

Also, the other guy calling me a fan-boy, I might prefer ATI Cards, but when someone makes a post about Nvidia cards (new tech or whatever) I dont immediatly go "OMG NVIDIA SUX LOOK THEY CANT EVEN MAKE CARDS THERE GONNA GO BANKRUPT OMG!!!!"

Fucking fan-boys...

Hate_Bot said:
Well excuse me if I dont know everything about some card company ive never heard of.

I thought this was some sort of workstation card when I heard it.

Also, the other guy calling me a fan-boy, I might prefer ATI Cards, but when someone makes a post about Nvidia cards (new tech or whatever) I dont immediatly go "OMG ATI SUX LOOK THEY CANT EVEN MAKE CARDS THERE GONNA GO BANKRUPT OMG!!!!"

Fucking fan-boys...

How very... hypocritical.

He was making a joke live with it.

Hate_Bot said:
How is that hypocritical?

Your Thought process eludes me...

You admitted that you were an ATI fan boy and attacked nVidia !!!!!!s, and both are the same vicious animal.

Im not an ATI fan-boy, In all honesty The reason I prefer ATI cards is because they run Half Life 2 better, Since I play source games 99% of my time, this becomes obvious. If someone asked for a budget good card, I would suggest a 6600GT, if someone wanted a card that, although wasnt very fast, was still somewhate futureproof (due to diffrent tech support) I would suggest a 6800GT, because they support a bit more features (Like sm3.0 or something).

Saying I had a preference for something is diffrent then being a !!!!!!, I have a prefrence for Pepsi, but if someone said "Pepsi sux0rs, coke rul0rs" I wouldnt flip out and start screaming at them and shit.

Hate_Bot said:
Im not an ATI fan-boy, In all honesty The reason I prefer ATI cards is because they run Half Life 2 better, Since I play source games 99% of my time, this becomes obvious. If someone asked for a budget good card, I would suggest a 6600GT, if someone wanted a card that, although wasnt very fast, was still somewhate futureproof (due to diffrent tech support) I would suggest a 6800GT, because they support a bit more features (Like sm3.0 or something).

Saying I had a preference for something is diffrent then being a !!!!!!, I have a prefrence for Pepsi, but if someone said "Pepsi sux0rs, coke rul0rs" I wouldnt flip out and start screaming at them and shit.

Yet when somebody makes a joke you lash out telling them to "Stop being Nvidia Trolls".

I'm done.

To get back on topic, it seems the thread at DH has been locked....guess somebody thought the world knew too much.

rcf1987 said:
Who was XGI, clue me in can ya, thnxs.

Shitty VGA maker that's about 3 years behind nVidia and ATi in terms of performance.

edit: they crash on Call of Duty, actually. Hahahaha

Ether said:
To get back on topic, it seems the thread at DH has been locked....guess somebody thought the world knew too much.

I dont think "Zardon" liked their attitudes.

It hasnt been locked, I just posted... :confused:

Edit: Did anyone else notice this was in the OC forum? Seems kind of odd that its not in the Vid card section,,,

I smell a scam...

Hate_Bot said:
Stop being Nvidia Trolls

Nothing about being Nvidia trolls. I have absolutely no brand loyalty what-so-ever, and I know DH is a BS site. Come on, were talking about a site that posted an obvious rip from an ATI PR slide showing the X800 cards clearly faster than the 6800 cards and calling them their own in-house benchmark results. Funny how every other hardware site that ran tests with actual hardware had very different results.

Oh, and who the hell cares about 3DMark01 results?

Back