Would you rather have a single 28" widescreen, or dual 24"?

Which setup would you rather have?

• A single 28 inch widescreen

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dual 24 inch widescreens

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Something else cooler (explain)

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

GigantoR

Limp Gawd
At the moment I have a single 28 inch Hanns-G, but I've been craving a dual monitor setup lately. I do mostly gaming and internet but I also run a few different messengers and media players at the same time and it was so nice to have a seperate monitor to run all that on while fullscreening my primary program on the other. The 28 has a lot of room and I can usually arrange everything where I have quick access but I don't like having to Alt-Tab to hidden programs. Which would you rather have?

I run a 26" and a 20" with a laptop (15.4") tied into it all with Synergy and love it. Having multiple screens really helps break up important programs so if I get a message, email, or just want one screen for browsing I have it. I know the Hanns-G is a very good monitor, it might be best to keep it and wrap it with a 20 or 22 inch on one or both sides.

I had a 19 inch widescreen that I had flipped to portrait layout and had it to the right of the 28 inch but I just didn't like it at all. If I was going to keep the 28 I already have, I would probably look into getting another 28.

why not just add a 24in and stand it vertical instead of downgrading to 2x24in? I have 2x21 CRT Trinitrons that I'm still hanging on to because I don't want to "downgrade" to 1 single 24in monitor. I truely love the dual setup because I can game on one monitor and have aim, xfire, vent or TS, rcon commander and speedfan on the other or surf the net on one and my son can watch movies on the other.
My work only allows 1 monitor at my desk and it's killing me. I normally have anywhere between 8-12 different programs running and constantly have to alt tab to get to the programs i need. For me it's a convenience thing.

*** don't pay any attention to the 1st sentence. I responded while I was posting....

I prefer a single large screen. One large screen fits on a desk better and allows you to work on large pictures, drawings, spreadsheets more directly.

It is a shame that nobody has a solid 30 incher at any price right now.

Dave

Well, if you want to have a second screen, as you stated, then buy a another monitor for your 28. I'd say 24, but I think it woul:e be better to have a model with the same pixel size. So another 28 :)

Back