would you play on an unranked BF 2 server?

Would you play on an unranked BF 2 server?

• Total voters
I am looking into starting that as a server how do you like the mod?

I love it. Just search this very forum for PoE stuff and it's overwhelmingly positive.

Personally the main reason I love it so much is because it offers a lot of differences over vanilla BF2/SF and it's just plain different. Different is good - especially when it's done well like the PoE2 mod.

Depends..

In the regular BF 2, no, stock guns suck to much

In POE2, yes.

I answered yes, but only because sometimes an unranked server is good for just letting off steam and acting the cock...

I totally would. I actually perfer them no matter what version or mod they are running. I hate the stat padders and medic whores of vanilla. Only problem is that unranked servers aren't very populated.

Yeah, I prefer unranked just because people in ranked servers tend to be the biggest pricks on the face of the planet.

Ranked serves = Serious business. :rolleyes:

On a side note, I can't wait until FH2.

Yes. Generally speaking, for any ranked game:
Unranked servers = people who care about playing the game and enjoy it
Ranked servers = people who care primarily about their stats

Yes, but only POE2. I only play in one BF2 server, and it is ranked (ESF, for those who care).

Sure I would, have and do. Rank doesn't mean much to me. If I can find a fun server I don't care if it's ranked or not.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have the files installed and will try to have a server up late friday night. I am just testing the app out now.

Of course.

Ranked stats is the worst thing that ever happened to this game.

And EA did it so people would only buy their expansions and not play free maps.

Staples said:
Of course.
Ranked stats is the worst thing that ever happened to this game.

QFT. It gives people the wrong incentives to play a game and creates very cheap gameplay (moreso than usual). People are supposed to play games just for fun, not for e-penis status. You can see the huge gameplay differences between 1942/DC and BF2. Sad really.

It's even worse than "rank", which is hard to do :p

Not only do I play on "unranked" BF2 servers, I run three - graned they are all mods and we'll put up a "Co-op Insanity" server every so often, and the gaming is excellent. As for straight up BF2, nope... have a ranked server for that, as well as LAN parties.

Mod servers we are either running or have ran
Sandbox - fun mod, our server is the most popular on on the 'net - 66.45.163.44
PoE2 - fairly active server, v1.1.5 made this mod even better. - 66.45.163.45
Nations at War - in process of setting this one up (the new BF2CC doesn't like mods too well)
AirMAPS - lots and lots of Flying
Sir.Mod - just crazy fun
BF2 - Co-Op insanity, bots at 100% AI, all on one side, with a 4 to 1 bot to player ration, prepare to die... alot
Surreal Mod - lots of fun, but it went empty when PoE 2 came out

We (meaning my LAN / Gaming group) keep an eye on BF2 mods coming out and get up a server when we can as we tend to get better games going on.

I will admit that last night was our "thursday night server raid" and we piled on our ranked BF2 server and it filled up almost immedately - and all the stat whores were not present! The rounds were some of the best I've ever played... thanks to 2142 the real gamers are more apparent. :)

Peace,
Tim

Hey guys I need your help. I have a POE server up and running and need to stress test it. ITs a 64 man server and has been running fine. The IP is 70.169.46.242, I will be on from 6:30pm- 8pm est. Please join if you can help. The server is up now.

Back