Would you exchange a rmbp for this noise?

munkle

[H]F Junkie
I just picked up the $2600 model rmbp at the apple store. It occasionally makes this noise, almost like a hard drive seeking (but there is no hard drive). It seems others have had this problem as well because I found a youtube video with the exact same sound it makes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx7Nwp9SE74

It's not the fan's they are off and its not coming from the speaker. I have notice the laptop is warmer when its doing it and its usually when there is lots of wifi/disk activity going on but not related to cpu activity.

I would. It's $2600 after all and it would be an easy exchange at Apple. Seems like the Laptopmag review complained of a noisy fan and heat as well so it might be a widespread issue.

I've been playing around with it, I think its the ssd, I've ruled out wifi because I'm currently installing some very large cad software (20gb per program) from a usb drive and its making the sound again. I guess I'll head on over to the apple store tomorrow.

Got this swapped today, and so far I haven't noticed any weird noises, hopefully it stays that way.

Back