• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Would you consider this a motherboard problem?

threedd97

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
492
I have a 2.8C m0 revision coupled with 2x512 PQI Turbo PC3200 2225 (TCCD). It's all on an IC7-Max2 Advance motherboard and I cannot get it stable past 245-260ish. It's fully stable in the 240's but after that it'll crash after a while at 260. I ran memtest for 27 passes at 260fsb and not one error. This was in slot 2 and 4. In slot 1 and 3 it got plenty of errors at 260.

Timings were at 2.5-4-4-8, voltage on memory was 2.7 and cpu was 1.575. I'm boggled by this problem, this memory/cpu combination should be an overclockers dream but something is holding it way back.
 
Check the powersupply rails. The Ultra-X is a pretty crappy quality PSU.
 
Probably :/. I usually get the crash on a hefty cpu load. I know they're crappy builds now, but I heard they were pretty good when they first came out, which is when I bought it. I'll have to stick with it until I get some money and then I'm getting the PC P&C.
 
Back
Top