• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Would you buy now or wait

Ladic

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
1,232
so here is my Dilemma, I use my PC for gaming. I want to upgrade 2 pieces

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233125

http://www.amazon.com/VisionTek-Rad...UTF8&coliid=IAZMWXORHH5VC&colid=2U47SFKOHV2PQ

However in 2 weeks I am going on a month long vacation.

Should I wait until early january when I get back or buy right now?
The piece that worries me the most is the SSD, it seems to be at a good price right now, I have no clue if by january the discount and rebates will be gone and the price go up.

What would you guys do?
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
CPU: C2D 8400 (3ghz)
RAM: 8gb DDR2 800
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L
Monitor: 1920x1200

HD: WD 640gb Caviar Black (Selling before I leave on vacation)
GPU: Powercolor HD 4870 512mb (Selling before I leave on vacation)


What I am more worried about is the SSD, the price $189 AR is only till tuesday, should I gamble and wait till BFF and see if goes even lower? or play it safe and buy now?
 
Honestly I would wait on both.. SSD prices have been in steady decline for some time now so I dont think you will have a problem finding a 120gb Sandforce drive for 190 after rebate. Hell right now on newegg alone there are 5 120gb sandforce drives that are no more then 210 after rebate. (1x corsair, 1x mushkin, & 3x OCZ). And in the last few months prices have been as low as 200 shipped with no rebate required.

Of course everything is going to get cheaper for blackfriday, but I dont anticipate the prices coming back up to current levels afterwards. We have already seen a few deals with SSD's at $1/gb where the acerage non sale price is closer to $1.85-1.90/gb right now. I am hoping that after BF the prices dont raise back up to anything past $1.60 or so per gb.

As for the video card, that one is a no brainer with new tech coming out before the end of the year.. Definitely wait on it.
 
Hardware prices drop over time, and the new stuff is always just a round the corner...
 
Back
Top