Would you be interested in a [H]ard Corp on Eve Online

Would you be interested in joining a [H]ard Corp in Eve Online

• Yes

Votes: 108 78.3%
  • No, I am already a member of a good corp.

Votes: 30 21.7%

• Total voters

5inistry

Weaksauce
We are now over a year old and well established. If you would like to join you can sign up in the Tash-Murken region in Mani. Also, feel free to join the Hard-Recruiting chat channel and talk to any of us. Hope to see some new members soon.

5inistry
CEO, [H]ard Corp
An Eve Online corporation

I would be too, im on a trial account now but i am seriously considering upgrading.

Interest seems to be pretty good. So I guess I will try to get this going in the next week or so and will let everyone know when it's ready.

Just keep in mind fellas that any use of the [H] has to be cleared by Kyle. He is the sole owner of our trademark and is the only person who can give any permission to use it.

Carry on. ;)

I'll join as well. Hopefully Kyle will be a good sport about it. If not, I vote for ]H[ Corp or maybe H.A.R.D. Corp.

That was my plan from the beginning but thank you for the insight. This part of it was simply to see if the interest was there before asking Kyle and spending the money on the skills required to run a corp. :)

edit: I have sent Kyle a PM asking official permission and will let all know what he says.

edit 2: Permission granted.

5inistry said:
edit: I have sent Kyle a PM asking official permission and will let all know what he says.

edit 2: Permission granted.

Cool! So Kyle said it's ok to use the [H]? That is awesome!

While I won't throw in my main account, I will thorw in my trading alt into this corp :D

Ok, I am set to fire it up this afternoon...I'll see how the tutorial goes, will need some in game peeps to contact me thinks? I'll try for Nasty Savage as a name...

I voted yes. Shoot me a pm if you want to let me know when you're ready to go with the corp.

I have started setting up the corporation. It will still be a few days before it is ready for people to start applying but I was trying to get an idea of what areas most people are hanging out in, to get an idea of where to place the headquarters. Also there will be two divisions, a security division for the pirate\bounty hunters, and a mining division for the miners, so when you apply please let me know which you prefer. I am also working on permissions and such so if anyone has any particular area of running a corp they are familiar with and would like to help out please PM or Evemail me and let me know. I am open to any and all suggestions you guys might have so let's all work together to make this the best corp we can.

5inistry
CEO Hard Corp

I'm in. In game i'm known as Mintaric. I have played off and on since beta and have 16m skill points.

I'm intrested in the security division as I have spent most of my time mining and really need a change.

5inistry has the corp setup. For those that are interrested here are the locations of the current offices:

HQ - Minmatar space
Ammold V - Republic Military School

Office - Gallente space
Oursulaert VII - Moon 3 - Astral Mining Inc. Mining Outpost

Office - Caldari space
Niyabainen IV - Moon 1 - Caldari Navy Assembly Plant

I may be leaving my current corp with 2 other people and joining the Hard Corp. It all depends on whether 1 of the guys can retrieve all his blueprints from the corp hangar.

I just wanted to thank Kyle and the gang again for allowing use of the [H].

What's the name of the corp. and the ticker symbol?

The corporation name is Hard Corp and the ticker is HCRP. If you just do a search on Hard you will find the listing. 5inistry and I tried to make a logo that looked like the [H], but the options in game just wouldn't allow it. So, we did the best we could. If anyone wants to play around with the options and try to do something better, you are more then welcome.

hardcorp0ac.jpg

Ran Ecehelon
Chief Security Officer
Hard Corp

How many members are there now? When I went to look, there were only 3 and it looked like 5inistry was running the corp with an alt. I totally don't want to be a tc'er, but when I initially posed the question I had visions of the [H] Corp taking over a system and/or generally being a force in the Eve universe. I'm watching and waiting, but I don't know about joining yet as my current corp has been pretty good to me.

superkdogg said:
How many members are there now? When I went to look, there were only 3 and it looked like 5inistry was running the corp with an alt. I totally don't want to be a tc'er, but when I initially posed the question I had visions of the [H] Corp taking over a system and/or generally being a force in the Eve universe. I'm watching and waiting, but I don't know about joining yet as my current corp has been pretty good to me.

I'm wondering where everyone is as well. A lot of people said they'd join, and yet no one is joining. I can tell you that 5inistry is not using an alt. That is his main character. He started the corp in the hopes that someone with more experience would come along and take over. I guess it's a catch 22 - no one wants to join until the corp is established, but the corp can't get established until people join.

Anyway, I joined and I brought along a friend of mine (we are both new). That's the three members you see.

I'm not completly sure how corps work in Eve, i've only been playing for about 2 months, but i can give you some very basic info on my corp.

I'm a member of the Ars Caelestis corp, the Ars Technica clan corp, and we have around sixty members and we are a pretty small corp. One thing that has helped us out is that we are part of the Huzzah Federation, which is a group of corps that have banded togeather, which is not uncommon. If you message an officer for Huzzah in-game then they should be able to tell you how your corp can join up, or if you rather join up another alliance then that's fine too.

Having allies is very important since it is PVP all the time and if your part of a NPC corp, pirates tend to go after you all the time.

Dragonscript said:
Having allies is very important since it is PVP all the time and if your part of a NPC corp, pirates tend to go after you all the time.
Because they know that you don't have any real allies that will in turn come after them if they waste you.

Rich Tate said:
Just keep in mind fellas that any use of the [H] has to be cleared by Kyle. He is the sole owner of our trademark and is the only person who can give any permission to use it.

Carry on. ;)

Rofl, do you know how copy right laws work? I can use [H] for any clan I want in any game, theres no way I can get sued for using [H] as a clan tag in a game. If [H] is a registerd trademark the only way you can get in trouble is for trying to use the actual [H] logo and trying to make profit off of it.

If you tried to take someone to court and sue them for using a "TAG" your gonna either get laughed out or waste a bunch of money.

Sorry by no means am I trying to hyjack this tread. :p

I was gonna try to download Eve back in the day , but never got around to it... its pretty good?

Baker said:
Rofl, do you know how copy right laws work? I can use [H] for any clan I want in any game, theres no way I can get sued for using [H] as a clan tag in a game. If [H] is a registerd trademark the only way you can get in trouble is for trying to use the actual [H] logo and trying to make profit off of it.

If you tried to take someone to court and sue them for using a "TAG" your gonna either get laughed out or waste a bunch of money.

Sorry by no means am I trying to hyjack this tread. :p

I was gonna try to download Eve back in the day , but never got around to it... its pretty good?
Maybe he thought that the corp. logo builder would allow a duplication of the actual logo and not just a [H ]. Just a thought, because obviously it is impossible to trademark any three keys on the keyboard and then claim that whenever they are typed you are entitled royalties. If that were possible, I call "the" !!!

Anyways, I dl'd eve for a 14 day free trial. Yeah right, the first hit's always free. Been playing about two months now and I'm totally hooked. To give you an idea the game has a little over 100K subscribers last I read and at between 16-19000 are always online in the same universe (no duplicate servers). So, my math says that the average subscriber plays between 4-5 hours a day, every day. Don't download it unless you have some time to feed the addiction.

The other thing is the skill training is really original and should be copied for other mmo's. Skills are not linear and do not train based on XP per se. Many skills have pre-requisites, but probably about 1/3-1/2 of the skills can be purchased and learned by a beginning player. The skills also are learned or "trained" in real-time based on character attributes. This translates to removing the need to "grind" in order to get access to high-level skills. It still takes a long time to get serious skills trained to a high level, but they train whether you are logged in or not. This basically helps those of us who work and have wives to not get moshed on by a 12 year old fat kid whose mom brings him dinner at the computer while he spams attackattackattackattackattackattackattackattackattackattackattackattackattackattackattackattackattack

for countless hours.

So yeah, the game's ok.

I just played through the tutorial and the game seams kind of neat, but for one I don't see it as being a MMO because I have seen like 5 people at most around me, and even then it's just in the Overview thing. Like you see a space ship 75 km away but I never got the feeling I'm playing with other people.The other thing is the traveling that you have to do. One of the things I hate about WoW and this game as well is it takes forever to travel anywhere. I get it, the world is big, now stop wasting my time traveling. Guild Wars nailed this aspect on the head. But I'll keep playing too see if I like it more since it's free for now.

Hmm...i have a pretty good guy on eve, but im in a really good pvp corp, you guys ever get established look me up.

waz, set your destination to a system called Jita.... you will see what a really populated system is like... oh and u can buy like anything u want there too

ludachaz said:
waz, set your destination to a system called Jita.... you will see what a really populated system is like... oh and u can buy like anything u want there too

QFT - at one point last weekend Jita had over 600 players in system.

Also, just for those that don't know, pull up the local channel and you will see exactly how many players are in the local system.

When you're logging in, it tells you how many players are online. I don't know if I've ever seen it below 14,000. That's MMO to me. All in the same enormous universe.

The difference is that Eve has everybody on one server as opposed to 10 smaller servers with 1/10th of the currently configured world. It wouldn't work any other way, really. There would not be enough space for the established players to battle or for the newbs to learn and mine. The travel does suck a little-there's no mistaking that part. It would be nice if the gates worked a little quicker instead of basically stopping you for like 10 seconds. Also, if every ship moved twice as fast I wouldn't complain.

That being said, imo the bad is small things and the good is immense and this is my favorite online based game. Others I tried were Motor City Online (remember that one anybody?), SWG, CoH, and landed here. Hopefully the devs don't over-nerf anything on this one. If my main in CoH wasn't slaughtered by a patch nerf I may never have found Eve.

If any of you guys have just started playing and need any help with anything give me a shout in game and I'll see what I can do. Been playing for over 2 years so have a pretty good idea of how it all works ;)

"Iratus Caelestis" in game.

Is there still a Hard corp, im on a free trial now and starting to think I might want to play long term, but Its kinda boring now as all I am doing is running crap around the galaxy, and not in the "fun Han Solo, I had to jetison my cargo before I got boarded" way either, more like the "honey, pick me up some milk on the way home" way. I would love to have some interaction with better players and do something fun and learn more what the game has to offer.

jmanlp said:
Is there still a Hard corp, im on a free trial now and starting to think I might want to play long term, but Its kinda boring now as all I am doing is running crap around the galaxy, and not in the "fun Han Solo, I had to jetison my cargo before I got boarded" way either, more like the "honey, pick me up some milk on the way home" way. I would love to have some interaction with better players and do something fun and learn more what the game has to offer.
First off, find an agent with a corporation of your choice and run missions if you're board of flying around picking up reports and what have you. The security departments are popular. That way you get a lot of kill missions and get to fight your way to the top.

Secondly, the information on the corp is still in this thread. You have to go the station and sign up. I am seriously considering it, since I just realized the other day that my corporation is nearly 100% European. Not that I have a hemispherism problem or anything, but it occurred to me that when I'm on only about 3-4 other people are on and that is because it's the middle of the night in Europe. When I am going to bed, my corp is waking up-makes for a scheduling conflict.

After playing this game for a little while longer I’m really starting to warm up to it. Just finished training up all the skills I needed to fully deck out my Rifter and it’s been a lot of fun flying around blasting pirates. But one problem I’m having is locating some good guides / websites to get you started a bit more. Like good ship config’s, and what does what. Does anyone have any good links to some stuff like that?

I also looked up where Jita is but it was a 26 jump to get from the Region I’m usually in, I’ll have to set it as a destination when I go for a run or something. Are there some level 1 agents there? Still in the default corp, I’ll look into joining tonight when I log back on.

jmanlp said:
Is there still a Hard corp, im on a free trial now and starting to think I might want to play long term. [snip]I would love to have some interaction with better players and do something fun and learn more what the game has to offer.

Now that more players are joining we are having more fun. We have almost all new players in the corp right now (I am the vetern at 5-6 weeks I think). So, I took a gang of 7 rat hunting in 0.5 space last night. Everyone had a great time.

waz said:
But one problem I’m having is locating some good guides / websites to get you started a bit more. Like good ship config’s, and what does what. Does anyone have any good links to some stuff like that?

I also looked up where Jita is but it was a 26 jump to get from the Region I’m usually in, I’ll have to set it as a destination when I go for a run or something. Are there some level 1 agents there? Still in the default corp, I’ll look into joining tonight when I log back on.

For guides, just look in the eve-online forums. There are ship fitting guides there. Also checkout the Player Guide for starters and the Items database was well. There is also a website that has an agent location tool that actualy works in the in-game browser. I just sent that to all of the corp members. I'm at work now, but can post it when I get home later.

We don't have an office in Jita so don't fly there looking for us. ;)

battleclinic.net has a good guide. It's more complete than the eve-online one.

There are others too. Look at the eve-online.com page and on the lower right there are links to a bunch of satellite sites.

Back