Would this cause me any problems?

pbXassassinX1524

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 24, 2003
Messages
1,295
okay, in the system in my sig I was thinkign about getting 2 more case fans (that I was actually expecting to come with the case but didn't) and one of them would be mounted like 1cm away from the front of my HDD(inside the mounting box that its in). I was thinking about just getting some Antec 80mm blue LED fans, now would this create any kind of problem with my HDD? Like the magnets/electrcity from the fan doing anything to my HDD?

I'll take some pics if needed so you know what I'm talking about.

link courtesy of newegg.

http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/11-129-115-06.JPG
 
The only thing that the fan will do to the hard drive is give it a little more airflow which will make it a little cooler and help the case get air flow as well.
 
Uh oh, it looks like another fan of the Chieftec Dragon. That's what I have. To be honest, the case fan in that detachable hard drive bay is clutch for keeping your hard drives cool, especially if you have dual SATA RAID going like me.

You'll be happy with the case though, if you don't have it already.

Dark Assassin
 
yeah.. like if u spit at the fan.. itll end up on your hd :eek:

hehe.. j/j..

no problems at all.. i have 2 blue led fans cooling 2 vertically mounted hd's on my lian li pc65b
 
That case is the one in my sig... so yea I already have it.

Thanks guys, but dark assassin, was that comment about HDD cooling good or bad. I can't tell if it was supposed to be positive about the case or negative, lol. Apologies for stupidity:p
 
Back
Top