• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Would this be worth the money

counihan3

Weaksauce
Joined
May 22, 2008
Messages
75
I was looking at upgrading my graphics card from a 9600GT to a Radeon HD 4850. Its an older system with a Core2Duo. For the money it seems like a good deal, any thoughts.
 
for like 10 bux more you can get a 5770 which is by far a much superior card to both the 4850 and the 9600GT.
 
It's not too bad if thats your only choice. The performance is close to a 9800GTX which is a good upgrade from a 9600 GT
 
I can sell you my old XFX HD4890 for $90 if you want.
It's got the box and everything with it. Overclocks quite well too.
 
I was thinking if I went too much higher that the cpu would be the bottle neck.
 
For $20 more you can buy an open box GTS 450 from Newegg.
 
You can probably find much better deals on the buy/sell/trade section. For instance right now I'm selling a 4870 for $65. If you scout around you may find a 4850 for $50.
 
Gts 450 is a good matchup for your setup. DX11 and enough power to play games at medium/high depending on the resolution.
 
SeegsElite where are you finding that 5770?

You probably wouldn't be able to find a brand new 5770 for that price, you have to look around at someone selling used. Anything new probably wouldn't be under $100, it's a good card though, well worth the money. I got a new Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X for $110 to upgrade from an 8800GTX and it was well worth the little extra money I was willing to spend. (I was also looking for a 4850/4870 like you were).

I'd look around at the buy/sell/trade section to see if anyone's offering something used.
 
Back
Top