Would this be safe...?

I dont see why not? gpu and cpu cooled in the same loop is perfectly fine. May want to make sure you get a 2x120 radiator if cooling cpu and gpu though (I have no idea what the rest of your system is?).

I used that for awhile some time back. Had no problem. Then again, I cycle through wc kits every 6months to 1year so.

I'm talking about mixing metals. Right now I have a

TDX block, and a BIX rad.

PICT0841.jpg

And I will fix the inlet problem on the TDX.

The Maze4's are copper and Delrin, not the old version of Copper and Alu.

No problems.

Even if they were different metals. Most of the currosion happens between two different metals if the liquid that is being used is currosive in some way. And usually if the metals are touching. Ie you wouldnt want to use a copper heatsink with an aluminum flow pipe. or use saltwater or someting currosive in the system. Anything else the currosion should be so minimul you'll likely upgrade to a new system with different parts before a cooling part would ever need replacing.

Look at Vehicals for instance. Most use Aluminum Blocks, or Steel Blocks for their engine, while using Copper radiators. They Last for a LONG time.

However these minor corrosions in a pc water cooling kit can be far more devestating than to an automotive setup, for example little pieces coming off may not hinder performance, but may clog up somewhere or get stuck in the pump and damage that. Anyway, as previously stated, the new maze4's dont use aluminum tops. If you are getting one second hand that is the old style, there are additives that are anti-corrosive, otherwise don't worry.

yup maze 4 gpu block... aside from some chunkies the rest of the system is fine..

nope caught it in time... got damn lucky thought from the looks of it, a mounth or 2 longer and it could have fried something..

thore

I used a copper block and aluminium radiator for over a year with no galvanic corrosion that the eye can detect.
Everything looks as sharp and shiny as if it was new with nothing missing.

The reason I believe is because I used washing up liquid (for dishes) in the water, just a tiny bit. It acted as a water wetter, algae killer and corrosion inhibitor somehow :)

Back