• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Would this be bad?

TimothyB

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
1,167
I just bought a PCI 9200se ATI card to run my computer till my order from Gateway for an XT comes through and then I was going to use both. Though, with Doom3 so close I'm considering a 6800GT and cancelling my XT order.

My question is, can I run an ATI PCI card and a Nvidia AGP card in the same system with no problems?
 
Yeah, I'm sure you can. However, I say go with the XT. But I wont post my opinion on Doom 3 ;p
 
theres gonna be driver conflicts out the ass.....i honestly dont know if its possible but then agian ive never tried it.... :p id also stay with xt......
 
I know it was possible back in the day for dual monitor support back when no cards really had that built into em. I dunno about doing it now, but why would you want 2 videocards anyways?
 
I figured I might pick up another 15inch LCD to have a 3rd display and then always have the s-video connected to my TV. I could return it, bought it this last monday, though, it only costs $39 after rebates.

I guess it might be best to return it, hoping someone attempted something similar.
 
Back
Top