Plague_Injected
Supreme [H]ardness
- Joined
- Oct 6, 2008
- Messages
- 6,621
I ditched my crappy Coolermaster "460W" PSU and replaced it with an Antec Earthwatts 650W I got for a good price. First time I've installed a PSU as well
Don't snicker - all those cords were terribly intimidating.
The problem now is I really have no clue what to get. I'd love to get a 5850 but it would probably be bottlenecked by my CPU. There is the 4890/4870 or a GTX 260 but I don't know how much life these cards will have left for gaming considering DX11 is starting to get some momentum, and the prices might drop dramatically when Nvidia's next line of cards come out.
I'd like some recommendations on what to do now. Is there an ideal card for my system (listed in my signature) now, or am I better off waiting for price drops after the GT300s are released? I am leaning towards the Radeon 5770 at the moment but I'd like some more advice before I commit to anything. My motherboard doesn't support SLI or Crossfire, unfortunately
My monitor is 1920x1080. The most demanding games I play would be the two current STALKERs as well as Crysis (and Warhead), Dawn of War II, Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5. I also want to be able to run Aliens VS Predator, Bad Company 2 and STALKER Call of Pripyat at decent but playable settings when they're released (DX11 isn't necessary since I'm yet to get Windows 7). I'd also like to outdo the console versions of current and upcoming console ports.
The problem now is I really have no clue what to get. I'd love to get a 5850 but it would probably be bottlenecked by my CPU. There is the 4890/4870 or a GTX 260 but I don't know how much life these cards will have left for gaming considering DX11 is starting to get some momentum, and the prices might drop dramatically when Nvidia's next line of cards come out.
I'd like some recommendations on what to do now. Is there an ideal card for my system (listed in my signature) now, or am I better off waiting for price drops after the GT300s are released? I am leaning towards the Radeon 5770 at the moment but I'd like some more advice before I commit to anything. My motherboard doesn't support SLI or Crossfire, unfortunately
My monitor is 1920x1080. The most demanding games I play would be the two current STALKERs as well as Crysis (and Warhead), Dawn of War II, Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5. I also want to be able to run Aliens VS Predator, Bad Company 2 and STALKER Call of Pripyat at decent but playable settings when they're released (DX11 isn't necessary since I'm yet to get Windows 7). I'd also like to outdo the console versions of current and upcoming console ports.