Would it turn you off being forced to play as a Female protagonist?

Would it turn you off being forced to play as a Female protagonist?

• Total voters
So, according to the poll, 16 "guys" are probably neckbeard limp dicks who have never touched a woman and can't handle the "other" sex as anything but something to objectify. If they can't play a female protagonist in a game, they are a pussy. If they tie themselves to a character's sex and have a hangup about women, I bet they are one of those CoD "bros".

What I am trying to say is my dick has more centimeters than they have IQ points.

I will let them figure that out.

Insulting people over a difference of opinion. Awesome. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it was kind of a rough response. Just my curmudgeony self getting out of hand after reading so much news about the stupid people on this planet today, I just went a little overboard, sorry :eek:

No it wouldn't. My favorite game of all time has a female protagonist. When I see female prots I get my hopes up the game might be good. All the worst games in history have male prots.

The gender or race of a character doesn't bother me in the slightest. A shit game is a shit game regardless of the protagonist.

Master [H];1039476578 said:
The gender or race of a character doesn't bother me in the slightest. A shit game is a shit game regardless of the protagonist.

This.

There is a Steam sale on The longest journey + dreamfall, about 4 hours left as of now. I haven't played those types of adventure games since forever. Supposedly the story for the longest journey is supposed to be so awesome that it may almost approach the awesomeness of Planescape! At least that's what some people seem to say.

Anyways, is it worth getting? If there is too many themes of shopping, teddy bears, and girly gossip and the like I just won't be able to stomach it to the finish. But if there is at least a little grit that would be nice. I'm not expecting blood, explosions, and insane testosterone dripping from this game. I know it has puzzles, lots of dialogue, and mostly story line where don't really have control of the character's personality.

Having said that, I'm not afraid to try this as long as I'm not swamped in dolls, gossip, and purses. Should I try it?

There's a similar Syberia game where the protagonist likes to talk with her girlfriend about shopping, can't carry her suitcase upstairs and is too icked out to pick up a dirty oar in the water.

The first is a good adventure game, but anyone saying the story is on par with Planescape: Torment didn't finish either game ;)

Better than most, though. Interesting and fairly dark.

No, I wouldn't mind at all.

Characters are nothing more than targets. One-colored blocks, hot females... I don't give a fuck as long as they are easy to spot. I prefer to shoot at one-colored blocks, they're easy on my eyes :)

i started using female characters in quake 2, one of the first shooters that offered the choice. her jump noise seemed more quiet than the male's, and although it didn't matter for the hitbox, looking smaller made her more difficult to hit. and especially: it seemed to rage some opponents that a female avatar was kicking their butts online, judging by some comments i received. so i kept this habit in arcade shooters, even when forcemodels made my choice irrelevant to how my opponents would see me on screen.

And that's a prime example of what I was talking about. I didn't like some of the NPC interactions from FemShep's perspective. Jacob being flirty was just gross. It made me hate the useless character even more. I didn't care for Thane being extra emo and the romantic tension with Garrus just seemed fucking wrong.

I guess Thane is that way, but Garrus and Jacob aren't. The way they act with a female Shepard is definitely different.

I dont understand what you found wrong with Garrus's romance. Technically it isnt even a romance, more like one-nighter between war-buddies or so it seemed like. Though it does count as romance in the game and it continues in ME3 too. Garrus doesnt even flirt with you, Shepard does the first step and confuses Garrus for a moment in the process. :D

Actually some of the dialog with Garrus does change with FemShep. It just seems wrong. Not for any technical reason mind you, just because Garrus is like the ultimate video game Bro. There's just no way I could follow that path in Mass Effect regardless of the character's gender.

I don't mind at all. In fact, games where I can choose gender I usually pick girls now (only recent exception I can think of is me3 since I picked male in 1). If I had a choice of staring at a digital but all day (3rd person perspective), I'd rather look at a digital girl's butt. Not that I get hot and bothered by it, it's just easier on the eyes.

Really though, the sex of the protagonist hardly has an effect on my judgement of the game. The few times it does is really only when the character just doesn't seem to fit because of bad narrative

i really do not care. new tomb raider is coming out and I cannot wait to play as lara croft.

Back