• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Would I use the Linux F@H program for Linspire?

setscrew

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 19, 2000
Messages
1,356
I just purchased one of these as a back-up machine (will put in additional 512 RAM), and I would like to fold on it (total folding would be two machines; woo hoo). I know nothing about Linux or Linspire and I would assume that the Linux console is the one to use, but I just wanted to be sure.

TIA.
 
^ Maximun information, minimum characters... :p

You'll want to look up the "init scripts" for Linspire; I am not a big fan of it, so if you find out that Linspire is too much of a pain, you can head over to the Linux forum and read some of the "Which distro" threads.

The init script is where you'll set up FAH; it'll be something like this that gets appended to it.
Code:
cd /home/fold
su foldingathome ./FAH502-Linux.exe

 
Back
Top