• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Would I notice a difference?

godsfshrmn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 15, 2005
Messages
200
I don't know much about the audio processing with the onboard audio vs cards, but I do know a great deal about speakers. I have the logitech z-5500 setup right now. It is getting input from the onboard spdif outputs on my asus A8N premium motherboard (Realtek ALC850). Most of the games I play do have an option for EAX audio processing. I can't really play my games blasting, but I do at a decent volume.

Would there be a major noticeable difference between the onboard audio and a $75ish audio card such as the Creative Audigy2 ZS? What about a $150ish? I'm having trouble seeing a difference in the cards
 
Go with the XFi extreme music one.... 96 at bestbuy a little bit ago.

I would say you will hear a difference especially with regards to the noise floor of the speaker. Also, the eax processing gets better and better with newer games and it is so worth it when you already have a multichannel speaker setup.
 
By noise floor you mean higher decibels?

Which card model is that at best buy?

One last q :) I have seen EAX, EAX 2, and EAX 3. Do certain cards support only a specific type? The processing I have been using is plain dolby 5.1. I am not getting digital output through my spdif, only analog (at least that is what the logitech recognizes). I can only get digital output when watching a DVD. OK that brings more Q to mind :confused:
Would the sound quality in DVDs improve?
Would I be getting true digital output in games?
 
godsfshrmn said:
By noise floor you mean higher decibels?

Noise floor pretty much is the presense of stuff like static, hiss, and other garbage you dont like to hear. Sound = good. Noise = bad :)
 
Back
Top