Would hardware-related GPU artifacts appear over remote desktop?

Coldblackice

[H]ard|Gawd
Could GPU artifacts manifest over virtual displays, like a remote desktop connection?

My understanding is that hardware-related anomalies display wouldn't appear over a "virtual" display, like a Teamviewer connection, for example -- only on a physical display connected directly to the GPU.

Could this happen?

Last edited:
just a guess, but to me it would show up since its still being rendered by the gpu in question. If that person could snap a screenshot of the artifact then i cant see how team viewer wouldn't see it. Now if it didn't show up in a screenshot then maybe there display is having issues? These are all pure guess's on my end though. Lets see what others have to say

you are correct Coldblackice physical/hardware related can't appear in remote/virtual environment, to the remote user all things in screen will appear normally, unless its a truly software level corruption.. screenshots can't also capture GPU artifacts but even a damaged/bugged screen can't be captured so people in those case have to take a photo externally to the screen so others can see if they have a problem.

I'm pretty sure it's as simple as: if it passes through the GPU, then artifacts may display that are caused by the GPU. Otherwise, GPU has no affect on what is being rendered and thus no corruption (by the GPU!) can occur.

Back