Would appreciate some case advice..

Aquineas

Limp Gawd
My last couple of cases have been Antec cases. My current rig is sporting a (now discontinued) Antec 1900 and my previous rig was an Antec P193. What I love about both of these cases is the aluminum panels are covered in a sound-deadening material that really makes them quiet. I also love that the 1900 accepts two power supplies (which I don't necessarily need right now, but hey it's nice to have the option).

Aside from it being discontinued, what I absolutely *hate* for all that is Holy about the Antec 1900 are the u̶n̶c̶o̶n̶v̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ moronic power and reset buttons. Seems like a small thing, but it's annoying, especially when they no longer function properly and I have to turn the pc off using the motherboard button.

Anyway for my 2017 build I'm looking for a quiet, decently cooled case that is made from that same coated aluminum (or steel I guess) material, but preferably from another manufacturer than Antec. It should be full tower for two full sized graphics boards and plenty of space to reduced knicked knuckles. It should have regular power and reset switches, hopefully a completely removable motherboard mount for easy install, and space for at least one Blue-ray player. Walking around Fry's I saw a Thermaltake F31 which seemed to be of the same material, but that is mid-tower and I prefer a full tower.

TIA!

Fractal Define R5 seems to be a pretty popular choice. I don't own one, but it reminds me of the Antec P182.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
Back