Would anyone recommend Norton Internet Security 2005.

Saint

Limp Gawd
Well my Norton anti virus has just expired so I have to do something. I was considering getting Norton Internet Security instead of just the anti virus for some extra protection. There is a 30$ mail in rebate for it as well on newegg which makes it 2$ cheaper than the anti virus. So Im like why not. I should get it right?

This is what im looking at.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16832108230

I used it for a while and hated it. The firewall was sluggish and seemed to do more harm than good. The Filter software was a joke. It relies strictly on a blacklist for blocking sites. It loads a 100MB+ blacklist into your system's memory every time you boot your compter, huge performance impact. I advise against it. If you are feeling adventurous, get a junk box and load Smoothwall on it. Install the Dansguardian plugin and you will be light-years ahead of Norton's.

Norton is a memory hog. I used it for years but it uses more resources that you can imagine. Try AVG. It's free and 100 times better than Norton.

I would not suggest it at all.

get another AV solution. my suggestion is NOD32 but the few mentioned above me are much better choices than norton.

A couple of years aga I tried to use Norton Internet Security on my computer and to make a long story short I ended up having to re-install windows on two computers (Don't Ask) because of Norton. Ever since then I've stayed away from Norton, but this could have only been a fluke.

Back