• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Worthwhile to Replace FHD2400?

Aieee

n00b
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
26
Four years ago I bought myself a Gateway FHD 2400. It's supposed to be a quality monitor, but to be honest I've never been wholly satisfied and lately I've been wondering if it'd be worthwhile to replace it with newer technology. I won't profess to be very knowledgeable about displays, so I'm hoping someone here can provide input to see if the money spent would actually matter.

For gaming and the like I've never had a particular issue with it, but I've been getting eyestrain when reading a lot of text while surfing, regardless of the lighting. It could be due to the screen being very glossy, either by design or improper cleaning on my part. I have also always been able to frequently see horizontal lines scrolling on the screen with certain dark backgrounds, almost as if the vertical refresh rate isn't fast enough. I've found that disappointing given how much I paid at the time.

I don't think I'm willing to drop $500 on a display, but would an LED display in the 250-300 range such as the Dell U2412 do better now? I know pretty much anything new would be guaranteed to use a fraction of the power (This one draws 150W and has always been rather hot to the touch) and there's some savings in that alone.

Thanks,
 
Back
Top