Worth upgrading to Tri-Fire?

psyclist

Gawd
Hey all,

So im thinking of adding a third card to up my 4K performance to a consistent 60fps, rig is as it sits below, anybody have experience with tri-fire scaling and stability? Crossfire thus far has been great, and looking at benches, 3 x 290X's will match 2x TitanX and possibly 2x Fury's as well (if the prelim benchmarks are to be believed)

What do you guys think? PSU will be pushed a bit I think, but can handle up to 1350w before it hits its shutdown point.

Thanks for any input!

PSU should be ok, your CPU isn't a huge power vacuum like an overclocked AMD bulldozer would be.

I was going to say no, but I looked up from 3 card crossfire reviews with the 290X and it looks ok to me. AMD seems to have serious improved Crossfire since the 7900 series (which are worthless with more than 2 cards).

yeah looks like prelim benches are accurate on the FURY cards. So just need a bit of a fall in the current prices! was going to go with a Lightning or VaporX, but think a decent ref design board (TriX) will be good enough, will slap a WB on it eventually

I had tri-fire with the ACX fans, middle one burnt up. You have to watercool or riser them probably.

Top one is currently under an EK block and bottom one is on an AIO/G10 setup. Gonna be a pain in the are to tear the loop apart, but in the name of performance gotta do it! Going to need more Radiator too

Back