• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Worth the upgrade?

wizang

Gawd
Joined
Dec 5, 2009
Messages
538
I have a slightly aging E6420 conroe powering my gaming rig and I'm looking into upgrading. My board supports wolfdale so I'm thinking of going that route... truly I'd like to do AMD but that would be starting from square 1. The revamped wolfdale E6300 chips seem to be pretty popular, but I can't seem to find it compared to any conroe chips... would there be a big performance boost, gaming wise? I'm worried about the drastically smaller cache. I'll be upgrading my vid card too. My other option is to try to sell my rig and go the AMD route.
 
I see no problem with your computer. A simple gpu upgrade and your set for a bit longer.

Any reason for the twitch to upgrade?
 
Just seemed like an inexpensive way to squeeze out some frames. If I could get an upgrade the processor for a $20 premium might be worth it? A GPU upgrade would be more significant though as I suspect my 3850 isn't exactly in huge demand. I'm totally aware though that a GPU upgrade would give by far the better performance boost though.
 
Back
Top