• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Worth the money?

(sic)

n00b
Joined
Aug 26, 2011
Messages
35
I'm using the Corsair HS1A1 with a Asus P8P67 Pro MB.

This rig is used for gaming.

Would it be worth upgrading to a standalone sound card?


If so, any recommendations? Budget...let's say $100-$150?

I'm not necessarily having sound issues, but just wondering if I'd see a decent improvement with an upgrade...

Thanks
 
Why not just HS1, or Vengeance 1500 if you're feeling like a baller?

Well I've already purchased the HS1A. Would I see big improvements with the Vengeance 1500?

Say I went with the Xonar DG... Would I hear a noticeable improvement? I not looking to spend even $20 if I won't see a decent amount of improvement.
 
Say I went with the Xonar DG... Would I hear a noticeable improvement? I not looking to spend even $20 if I won't see a decent amount of improvement.

Yes, better sound quality than onboard plus support for Dolby Headphone, which is a huge benefit for gaming. Easy decision to make for $20-30.
 
Plus it is usb so no more sound card to bother with.

I prefer regular headphones personally but I would go for the usb if I was on a budget and wanted to keep it simple.
 
Back
Top