Worth it?

OSUguy98

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2006
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
3,959
Right now I have an Athlon 2000+ in one of my boxen... and I was debating an upgrade...

the motherboard is a Abit KX7-333... and according to Abit's website, it'll support:

* AMD SocketA Athlon (100 / 133MHz FSB) up to 1.4GHz.
* AMD SocketA Duron (100 MHz FSB) up to 1.3GHz.
* AMD SocketA Duron (133 MHz FSB) up to 1.8GHz.
* (V1.0) AMD SocketA AthlonXP Palomino (0.18 micron process) up to 2100+.
* (V1.0) AMD SocketA AthlonXP Thoroughbred (0.13 micron process) up to 2000+.
* (V1.1) AMD SocketA AthlonXP up to 2600+ (266)

Right now Newegg has a Duron 1.8 for $55.... and as far as I can tell, the board doesn't support the Semprons..... Is it worth it to go from an AthlonXP 2000+ to the the Duron 1.8? bad choice? good choice? I'm just trying to make the most of what I have...


Keep on Folding!!

 
Doesn't that 333 notation at the end of the board name signify that it can handle the 333 fsb of the newer athlons?
 
I don't think so... I think it's because it can take DDR 333...


Keep on Folding!!

 
According to my thorough research (I googled once) the 2000 is 1.666 gHz. Is it really worth $55 to gain 133mHz for you? I'd be inclined to say no...
 
Back
Top