• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Worth crossfiring that 7970..

KickAssCop

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
11,106
Tell me guys? Is it worth it. I game at 1080P and 120 Hz. Also into 3D gaming for a bit especially in games where 3D shines (e.g., Ass Creed, SSFIVAE, Dirt 3, etc)

How are the drivers like?
 
Tell me guys? Is it worth it. I game at 1080P and 120 Hz. Also into 3D gaming for a bit especially in games where 3D shines (e.g., Ass Creed, SSFIVAE, Dirt 3, etc)

How are the drivers like?

Worth it and the drivers a getting better IMHO. I ran xfire 7970's from release with the drivers that came in the box. The only issue I had was micro studdering in BF3 which is not exclusive to AMD. Other than that I personally had no issues. One of my 7970's died and I never bothered to replace it as my single OC'd card delivers acceptable frames on my single monitor.

My2c.
 
I dont think you can do 3D with AMD.. Best to go with those 670-680s from Nvidia.
 
Yes it is worth it for a 120hz monitor. Driving a game like BF3 on ultra at 100+ FPS takes a lot of GPU power... I get great performance on my setup using a 27" 120hz monitor but I still can't max BF3 at a solid 120fps (especially large conquest maps like Gulf of Oman at 64 players).
 
3D works with AMD in CFX since 12.1+ driver sets. So general consensus is that CFX 7970 is worth it?
 
3D works with AMD in CFX since 12.1+ driver sets. So general consensus is that CFX 7970 is worth it?

If you are vey much interested in 3D go for it. But I would have to say think twice

Games like Dirt 3 seem to do almost 120 fps

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7970-ghz-edition-review-benchmark,3232-11.html

Even assuming stereoscopic 3D cuts that by half you are around 60 fps. BF3 is the game for which you might want the extra horsepower. But personally I would just run without MSAA and have close to 110 fps (around 50 - 60 fps in 3D).

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7970-ghz-edition-review-benchmark,3232-8.html

think about it and spend wisely. :)
 
Back
Top