Worst videocard you have ever bought.

Mine would have to be the Radeon 9600pro. The thing came with the wrong drivers disk, no fan, just a heatsink, and crappy performance.

5700 Ultra. I promptly returned it and spent the money for a 9800XT :cool:

Didn't buy it, but PNY sent me a 256MB FX5600 when my Ti4400 died. I promptly sold it for $150.

Mine was the 6600 vanilla. Although it was slightly better than the Geforce 4200 in my laptop, I just found it to be a cock tease. There's no point in supporting DX9 effects if you can't use them smoothly!

That thing was < 5000 3dMark03s :-x

Rosewill 5700 I think. It was a 5xxx FX, Ultra or something model and was shitty. Sent it back to Newegg and got a 9600XT.

GeForce FX 5900 Ultra...I bought the card to play doom3...but replaced it with a 6800GT before Doom3 shipped...and it was $475...ended up being a huge waste of money...the first card I've ever replaced in under a year...

Well, back before I found out about newegg and how to shop around, I bought a Jaton 16Mb TNT2 vid. card locally for about $90 a few yrs ago. Win 98SE and WinME kept rejecting the drivers everytime I'd reboot the computer, so I had to either leave the comp. on 24/7, or leave the drivers disc in the CDROM all the time. :(

Thanks to friends, I researched online, and found that I could've gotten the card for around $25
*grumbles* :mad:

Bah, you guys think those are bad? The worst card I ever bought was a Trident 3dImage985.

I didn't care for the ati 8500 series
and the fx5900u was a JOKE

FX5900 256 Ultra. 400 dollars for the single worst image quality experiance in my gaming life. Bad enough to call going to it from a ti4200 a downgrade.

mine would have to be an e-VGA TNT2. for $50.....PCI. that was replaced with a GF4 Ti 4200 in 2001 and i use the card to this day (the gf4 was the longest lasting computer part i've ever bought).

Im going to go on a lmb here and say most people are going to say an FX series card.

WTF Was so wrong with them anyways?

Fawkes said:
This ones easy...

Geforce FX 5200...

Couldnt even keep up with a Geforce 3

QFT I have one of those kicking around here somewhere. What a waste of money that was. Did have dual monitor support though and Svideo out.

Hehe, rookies.

Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 PCI (S3/Virge)

Fawkes said:
This ones easy...

Geforce FX 5200...

Couldnt even keep up with a Geforce 3

Exactly. 5200 was the worst. I bought one to replace a Geforce 3. After a day, I put the Geforce 3 back in.

hmm ether the Voodoo RUSH(was slower then the voodoo1 6MB i had) or the 9600SE(POS! had a 9000 that ran most stuff faster >.> )

GForce2 GTS: Ass image quailty compared to my TNT2
From then on I was all about ATi

Probably the Radeon 7200, either that or the GeForce 2 MX.

Hmmm mine..... THE FX5200 my dad decided to give me a $100 as a summer present decided to get that at Best Buy (Even bigger mistake) thought i was the cool kid on the block, it was PNY BTW, the fan hardly spun, sometimes it would stop, it was quite a upgrade from a TNT2, but then i relized how bad it was.

ive had a 5200 for over a year now and have had no problems whatsoever....it plays any game i want to..might not be at ultra high or whatever....but i can play doom 3, far cry, vice city. you name it and i can play it. Never overheats or causes crashes and it loves the overclock. Its also an Asus card, which i stick by asus for just about anything. HAvent let me down yet.

zatoman said:
Exactly. 5200 was the worst. I bought one to replace a Geforce 3. After a day, I put the Geforce 3 back in.

Guess you ought to read those HardOCP reviews eh? :D

"Although NVIDIA has taken two steps forward in terms of features and functionality, they have seemingly taken a step backwards for both image quality and performance. As we score things, that would make NVIDIA's current position stagnant at best. Should the "cinematic computing era" be taking place, it is happening with ATI's product line, as we have seen first hand that the current GeForceFX product line simply cannot compete with ATI products released last year. "

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDQ0LDEx

LunchboX3904 said:
mine would have to be an e-VGA TNT2. for $50.....PCI.

HAH that was my vote too! that TNT2 sucked :p Worse, it was the "vanta" back in
my EARLY computer illiterate days. :rolleyes:

darknite said:
ive had a 5200 for over a year now and have had no problems whatsoever....it plays any game i want to..might not be at ultra high or whatever....but i can play doom 3, far cry, vice city. you name it and i can play it. Never overheats or causes crashes and it loves the overclock. Its also an Asus card, which i stick by asus for just about anything. HAvent let me down yet.

Well, fyi, Vice City looks like crap, I expect that my old 1.2 celly w/ 9100 PCI could run it.

i just said vice city cuz thats the game i play more than anything....pretty much since it came out....i know it looks like crap compared to games these days....just one of my favs...just installed the doom 3 expansion...looks good enough for me...hopefully around nov. ill be ugrading to some nicer stuff..

My largest disappointment was my 9600XT that I bought because I thought my 9700pro failed, found out it didn't. I can't RMA it because I had used the HL2 cupon.

Next, my current 6800 was somewhat of a disappointment. Yeah, it performed better than my 9700pro, but not for $300 it didn't. I suppose that I'm being too critical, as some people can't even afford one of these... My current A64 system that I just built kicks its ass though.

Would have to be a ........surprise, surprise.........FX5200. It was even a bad move up from a Kyro!

WuzFast said:
Would have to be a ........surprise, surprise.........FX5200. It was even a bad move up from a Kyro!

You guys are pretty hard on the poor 'ol 5200... wife has one in her machine (didn't have to buy it, took it in a trade) and ya know what? It is okay. It plays counterstrike, joint operations and displays TV. It has no fan, dual video and TV out.

Also, you want a real kick in the pants? The 5200's kick ass using x-plane for flight simulations.

Would I put it in MY rig?

STFU... of COURSE not. :)

My worst card was an ATI RageII. I "upgraded" from Kyle's 3DVirge. Hell, at least the drivers for the Virge worked!

-Skystalker

you guys are going to laugh but i actually "upgraded" from a radeon 9500 to an fx5600 256mb....dumb decision

cell_491 said:
you guys are going to laugh but i actually "upgraded" from a radeon 9500 to an fx5600 256mb....dumb decision

Oh, god... I sure hope you didn't sell the 9500 prior to seeing the stellar perfoamnce of the 5600!

:)

-Skystalker

Well, my friend bought a 9200 for about 90-100 bucks a month ago.

I promptly told him to return it and sold him my 9600pro.

Deadly_Spatula said:
Mine would have to be the Radeon 9600pro. The thing came with the wrong drivers disk, no fan, just a heatsink, and crappy performance.
i loved my r9600 pro...

i bought it over 2 years ago though...
either that or the GeForce 2 MX.
the GF2MX was an awesome card back in the day for those who couldnt afford a GF2 GTS/TI/U

id have to say my PCI s3 virge/DX. i still hang on to it in case i have a bad card flash though :p

Well it isn't necessarily a bad card because I never had any problems with it and it was always a trusty card, but my Geforce4 ti4200 64mb. Such a trusty card...

Framerate said:
Well it isn't necessarily a bad card because I never had any problems with it and it was always a trusty card, but my Geforce4 ti4200 64mb. Such a trusty card...

My friend... you do understand the point of this thread, right!??

Just checkin!

-Skystalker

Back