worst luck ever?

fireburster

[H]ard|Gawd
I have some g.skill pc3200 2x1gb. My biostar board gave me errors with everything stock on the board and ram. I rmed them. Got those in. Ran memtest on my asus k8vse. Ran overnight no errors. I put the ram in my biostar. Errors in test 2. I ordered a new biostar board. Same errors in memtest. So i rmaed the ram again. Just got the new stuff in. Tried in in the asus. Fine. I tried it in my biostar. Fine for like 4 hours. I bought a foxconn 6150 durning last rma. I put the ram in that. Errors right away at test 2. Put in my asus and ran one test fine. Put all my stuff back in my biostar. Errors on test 2. Put in my asus and errors at test 2.

I bought some corsair xms 2x1gb pc3200 and its working great at 300x9 with 133 mem divider with my biostar.

Why does my two biostars hate and kill my g.skill for some reason. Im sure g.skill hates me know since i have rmaed 2 sets in 2 weeks.

Ive tried different bioses too. Should i rma the ram and just sell it asap without even touching it?

sounds like the biostar needs a bit of tweaking. is there dust in the slots? got the lastest bios? the spd is being read properly?

tried all that. currently running the g.skill in the asus in windows. going to see if it errors. still gives memtest errors no mtter the system.

but it gives errors in 3 different pcs. I have it doing windows memtest for 768mb and its not had an error. G.skill told me to use windows memtest and not the dos one.

Some motherboard chipsets/bios versions don't like certain ram chips. When i still had my Via KT600 TCCD gskill ram would NOT work at all. Errors up the Wazo! And now my current mobo theres a different bios depending what kind of ram you have. That being TCCD, BH5, etc. Obviously if the ram is testing fine in certain boards then its NOT the ram! ;)

its failing in all boards. I have found that its just one stick thats giving the errors. I grabbed a new memtest for windows and it started showing errors right aways. Errors with this stick in memtest 1.65 floppy also on any pc.

How can i get 3 sets in that all get one to fail. Think i need to rma my cpu maybe since its a 144 opt and it might be doing it?

i bought some corsair off the forums here and but it in the same setup and it works great. I can overclock 10htt more then i ever could with any other ram with this setup. I get the g.skill in for the third time and it kills a stick somehow.

Might have to rma one last time and just sell it without touching it. Sucks with all the shipping on these rmas thats for sure.

Back