Worms 4 is a preatty solid game.

shiek

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,

just recently started playing worms 4 mayhem (http://www.wormsmayhem.com/). The last worms game i played was the worms3D (which i was disappointed by) game and i was a huge fan of the 2D series.

Ive been playing this for about 2 days and its a solid game. The physics are great, you can customize the look of your worm team (hats, hands, mustaches, voices, flags, etc),you can create your own weapons, there are tons of weapons and utilities, and tons of gameplay modes (including hotseat and internet play).

The story mode is lengthy on its own plus you have a whole bunch of challenge modes.

everyone should give this game a shot even if you fall under some combination of dis/liking worms 2D/3D

take care.

i haven't played a worms game in a long time, i dont' even remember which one i use to play all the time... it was like... 6 years ago... man my friends and I had a blast with that game.

is it free? i used to play the worms 1 demo which got me to buy worms 2. Used to play that with my cousins alot. Fun game. I dont think i could drop more than $9 on another worms game though.

the copy protection fails on my system, so I'm stuck with a $20 coaster. Their technical support was non-existant an pretty much a joke. At least via their US distributor. If they were going to be that lazy, why they didn't use the same copy protection as in europe I dunno. But borked and they have no intention of patching it.

I just spent a good hour with Worms 4 Mayhem; and although it is a better game than Worms 3D or Worms Forts, it still pales in comparison to Worms Armageddon. I just don't like Worms in 3D... it just seems.... wrong.

WORM 4 said:
Recommended Requirements

* Windows XP/2000
* Pentium 4 at 2GHz or AthlonXP 2000+
* 512Mb RAM
* Graphics Card: GeForce FX 5xxx or Radeon 9xxx

damn thats pretty hight system requirments for a worm game.

I really tried to like it, but it's just so buggy, as was Worms 3D. It's beyond me how they got past testing, my sheep were constantly 'drowning' in mid air, no where near any water. My worms were being spawned in stupid places which resulted in me not being able to move, plus it uses Starforce. On the upside they're supposed to be distributing a downloadable copy online according to Team17's forum, Starforce free. Also they just aren't as fun as the 2D incarnations, mainly due to how awesome roping is on Worms2(Armageddon+World Party).

If anyone is interested they've started improving Armageddon with beta patches being released every now and again, which allow things like imported colour maps to be played online.

i dont find this game buggy at all. worms 3d was buggy, this game, worms 4, is really well done.

btw, how do you know if starforce is on your system?

Back