World's Lightest Portable Immersive VR Glasses

HardOCP News

[H] News
Dlodlo, the Virtual Reality innovators, announced today Dlodlo VR Glasses, the world’s lightest portable immersive Virtual Reality glasses. Fashionably designed, wireless, and ultra-lightweight at just 4 ounces (120g) – four times lighter than VR headsets, Dlodlo VR Glasses are portable and comfortable with the look and fit of sunglasses -- unlike competitors’ clunky and heavy head-mounted displays.

I don't want Dildo that close to my face.

Yep, that's how I read it at first glance. I'm guessing Oculus Rift would give a better experience though. (Coming from someone with no VR trials).

Holy shit, I didn't even bother with the article, I needed to see if anyone else read Dildo. Yeah, I did.

This looks so stupid. Why would you care to run around and use it in public? Sounds like a scam to me.

Obvious jokes aside, what could it possibly do properly at 4 ounces?

A Galaxy S5 is 5.1 ounces.

So by sheer common sense it is likely to be technologically inferior to the S5 by it's weight, and a chunk of that weight would also be taken up by just the bulky frame of the glasses.

What's left for the display, battery, processor etc?

Obvious jokes aside, what could it possibly do properly at 4 ounces?

A Galaxy S5 is 5.1 ounces.

So by sheer common sense it is likely to be technologically inferior to the S5 by it's weight, and a chunk of that weight would also be taken up by just the bulky frame of the glasses.

What's left for the display, battery, processor etc?

My guess would be that it's using some slower, very light hardware to run a basic augmented reality app. then if they are using daylight for the display back light they can cut some more weight. etc

Or it could be vapor ware

Hey, how long before we see people driving while wearing these?

And, I have $5 that says that chick isn't a real blonde.

Backwards, it is "old old"

I really don't see how it could weight that little unless the battery pack is separate from the rest of the device.

I have to say I'm a little confused about the dildo specs

"Supports 2D/3D Switch, Up to 4K Video, & Stereo Headphones"
vs
"The highest HD resolution VR glasses at 2K+ Full HD clear screen resolution, with a distortion-free 16:9 aspect ratio."

Yeah, I'm stupid, I guess that means the dildo can playback 4k video on it's 2k res screens

probably a good time for some sleep

I'm sure at some point they'll be able to tattoo television screens to your corneas.

this has to be a joke?.... right?... i mean... dildo?

Sounds like a skit from Bob & Tom :D

Hey, how long before we see people driving while wearing these?

And, I have $5 that says that chick isn't a real blonde.

You don't realize how that works, do you? Not being a real blonde means she is trying harder to lure a mate which means she's more likely to screw sooner with less effort from the suitor . Does not make her less hot, subconsciously the opposite.

Why Blonde? Because its the rare natural color in most of the US and much of Europe and most by chances, its is fake.

Yes, I posted this because the name of the company looks / sounds like dildo.

That is why I venture here.. for the class!!

ngbbs4c47b933cdf68.jpg

Those are so hideous... "Fashionably designed", for like, a B-rated Sci-Fi movie set in Earth's near future!

Yes, I posted this because the name of the company looks / sounds like dildo.

I had to do a double take because that was exactly what I saw with a first saw the original post... Who names it their company that?!

Pricing & Availability
Priced at $699, Dlodlo VR Glasses will begin shipping May 27th, 2015

Gee, only $700, sounds like it will be widely adopted.

Back